Portal QB Wishlist

Yes. That’s a good point. So my post above with stats from @Memnon ’s recommendation.
Ok as a second kid sure. Same with Moore. Same with some of the FCs kids.

You take these two with the hope the senior starts 24. The other pushes the ceiling of the room higher getting the most out of Emory, Judd, portal kid, brown, Bailey…whoever is the room. I’d want 1 sure fire for 24 and 4 to push each other for ‘25.

Advertisement
Just purely based on statistics, potential targets at transfer QB:

NameSchoolTD / TD%INT / INT%Rushing TD / AttemptsAdjusted Yards/AttemptQB RatingCurrent Record
Kadion SalterLiberty28 / 12.17%5 / 2.17%11 / 12811.9183.811-0
Michael PrattTulane19 / 8.44%4 / 1.78%4 / 7810.0169.510-1
Jaylen RaynorArkansas St14 / 6.45%5 / 2.3%5 / 1009.6155.66-5
Joey AguilarApp St29 / 8.22%8 / 2.27%2 / 669.1156.87-4
Jayden MaiavaUNLV13 / 4.98%6 / 2.3%3 / 599.1153.09-2
Chandler RogersNorth Texas26 / 7.07%4 / 1.09% 4 / 989.0152.24-7
Cam WardWSU22 / 5.03%5 / 1.14%8 / 1098.3146.85-6
Seth HeniganMemphis24 / 5.81%8 / 1.94%4 / 868.2148.38-3

Based purely off these statistics, I'd say Salter is by far #1, and it's not even close. After him it's probably Chandler Rogers. Pratt still likely has the highest Floor.

NameSchoolTD / TD%INT / INT%Rushing TD / AttemptsAdjusted Yards/AttemptQB RatingCurrent Record
Chandler RogersNorth Texas26 / 7.07%4 / 1.09%4 / 989.0152.24-7

Based purely off these statistics, I'd say Salter is by far #1, and it's not even close. After him it's probably Chandler Rogers. Pratt still likely has the highest Floor.
Seth Henigan has good size at 6-3, and more importantly, three seasons (31 starts to date) of consistent play. A solid one-year rental.

Pratt has four seasons, are we sure he returns for a fifth?

Last edited:
Advertisement
How many of yall thought Graham Mertz would throw for over 2900 yards, 20 TDs and 4 picks on a not very good UF team? He is tied for 3rd in TDs in the SEC. And he is tied for the lead in the conference with 72.9 completion percentage and better than every ACC QB. Not one of us would have taken him here last offseason. He has 2 less TDs and 1 less pick plus higher completion percentage than Cam Ward. Yet it was their defense thats been atrocious. We need someone smart who is not a pick machine. We would win 10 games with Mertz stats.

How many of yall thought Graham Mertz would throw for over 2900 yards, 20 TDs and 4 picks on a not very good UF team? He is tied for 3rd in TDs in the SEC. And he is tied for the lead in the conference with 72.9 completion percentage and better than every ACC QB. Not one of us would have taken him here last offseason. He has 2 less TDs and 1 less pick plus higher completion percentage than Cam Ward. Yet it was their defense thats been atrocious. We need someone smart who is not a pick machine. We would win 10 games with Mertz stats.
Napier > dawson

Napier > dawson
Seem quite similar to me. One has a pick machine, injury prone player at QB and one doesnt. That's how i see it. Napier is so much better than Dawson he couldn't create a effective offense with a top 4 NFL pick at QB. How quickly we forget heh?

Seem quite similar to me. One has a pick machine, injury prone player at QB and one doesnt. That's how i see it. Napier is so much better than Dawson he couldn't create a effective offense with a top 4 NFL pick at QB. How quickly we forget heh?
I think napier is also mid but he’s clearly better than dawson to me and the 4th pick you’re talking about is someone i think i have seen u **** on on here so using that as an example is funny lol..Just watch the structure of napier offense, it makes the qbs job simple and he’s also a qb coach himself lol

And when does the OC/QB coach get some blame for the qb play falling off a cliff? They say they sat down last week and the qb looks confident and has his best game since early in the year..u think thats a coincidence?

Advertisement
I think napier is also mid but he’s clearly better than dawson to me and the 4th pick you’re talking about is someone i think i have seen u **** on on here so using that as an example is funny lol..Just watch the structure of napier offense, it makes the qbs job simple and he’s also a qb coach himself lol

And when does the OC/QB coach get some blame for the qb play falling off a cliff? They say they sat down last week and the qb looks confident and has his best game since early in the year..u think thats a coincidence?
He was bum at UF. He can run and do alot of things, Napier didnt create an offense to fit what he could do. The offense we have is geared to what TVD can do. He get great protection overall for the season and doesnt even scan the field most of the times. Thats not on the OC. That went out the door with Gattis, who even he had players running open and now has TUA's brother leading the BIG in passing at juggernaut Maryland. Im not making anymore excuses for a 4th year QB. He is the main problem.

Weigman is my number 1 target but I doubt he leaves all of the Nil oil money in Texas to come to Miami but the kid is good and probably will take us over the top.

He was bum at UF. He can run and do alot of things, Napier didnt create an offense to fit what he could do. The offense we have is geared to what TVD can do. He get great protection overall for the season and doesnt even scan the field most of the times. Thats not on the OC. That went out the door with Gattis, who even he had players running open and now has TUA's brother leading the BIG in passing at juggernaut Maryland. Im not making anymore excuses for a 4th year QB. He is the main problem.
Im not making any excuses either..Its simple to me. The QB and the OC have been terrible since the unc game its really that simple. Your offense doesn’t fall off a cliff like ours because of one thing

Advertisement

Chandler RogersNorth Texas26 / 7.07%4 / 1.09%4 / 989.0152.24-7

Id take any but Raynor I would not want as the starter next year, let him get reps.

Im not making any excuses either..Its simple to me. The QB and the OC have been terrible since the unc game its really that simple. Your offense doesn’t fall off a cliff like ours because of one thing
Every aspect of our program needs to improve including as u say the OC. I wanna see how we operate without a pick machine at QB. I put more blame on TVD. He has done it under 2 different OC's. Same locking, not scanning, not taking check downs. Not scrambling. I seen Emory who barely knows anything keep us in the game v FSU by seeing nothing open and scrambling for 4 yards and keeping drives alive. Simple things. U either have it or dont as a QB. TVD has proven he doesnt. And he is probably faster than Emory in a race. And he been doing that even before he got injured.

Advertisement
Every aspect of our program needs to improve including as u say the OC. I wanna see how we operate without a pick machine at QB. I put more blame on TVD. He has done it under 2 different OC's. Same locking, not scanning, not taking check downs. Not scrambling. I seen Emory who barely knows anything keep us in the game v FSU by seeing nothing open and scrambling for 4 yards and keeping drives alive. Simple things. U either have it or dont as a QB. TVD has proven he doesnt. And he is probably faster than Emory in a race. And he been doing that even before he got injured.
This is the thing with football, to me i dont need to see another qb to see that its a mid offensive scheme. It would be easy to see even if we had caleb williams that its mid..Now it would probably look better but that doesn’t change the fact it is mid

And that tvd locking on **** has been proven wrong and its as simple as just watching the games and seeing what the concepts are lol. Does tvd need to be more disciplined with his eyes and develop a faster clock? Yes but that stare down **** is way over blown, its more he has to tone down his gun slinger mentality

Some younger kids I'd look at:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4602923/jaylen-henderson (likely needs to sit to play 1)
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4685740/max-johnson (had to LOL)
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4870513/maddux-madsen (not likely but worth a shot)

Poffenburger literally had the most undisiplned WTF play i've ever seen in person. Dude was a 6th string QB in the middle of his redshirt year at ODU and got an unsportsmanlike penalty for celebrating a TD that pushed the XP back 15 yards and the kicker missed. Ended up transfering out to Albany after the season.

Go to the 2 min mark and look for a yellow hat.

Advertisement
Back