Portal QB Wishlist

IMG_9290.jpeg
Here is my Portal QB wishlist. Will post more names later. Notice most of the QBs are dual threat QBs

Advertisement
Advertisement
View attachment 265009Here is my Portal QB wishlist. Will post more names later. Notice most of the QBs are dual threat QBs
Jalon Daniels would be 1a for me. Pratt 1b

Both will have every program in the country on them regardless of who their QB is. That includes Oregon, Washington, USC, LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, etc.

We might have a loophole for Pratt since he's a home town kid and possibly grew up a Canes fan. If that doesn't land him and he goes elsewhere I'd say we're settling for someone like Miller Moss, Garrett Nussmeier, one of the Bama or Georgia backups, or something similar.

Jalon Daniels would be 1a for me. Pratt 1b

Both will have every program in the country on them regardless of who their QB is. That includes Oregon, Washington, USC, LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, etc.

We might have a loophole for Pratt since he's a home town kid and possibly grew up a Canes fan. If that doesn't land him and he goes elsewhere I'd say we're settling for someone like Miller Moss, Garrett Nussmeier, one of the Bama or Georgia backups, or something similar.
Pratt has had injury issues. Daniels also. Taulia is interesting. He looks like a world beater sometimes. Others not so much

I feel confident this list is pretty close to the one CMC has in his desk drawer in the "off-season attack plan" folder

No one is going to like this, but I think Pratt is mid as heck.

He’s obviously an upgrade and can get us to 8 wins, maybe 9 with good luck. There’s 7+ QBs I’d rather have, but we won’t target because there’s no SFL connection / no guarantee they hit the portal.

He hardly throws, which is perfect for MariBro and the gazillion inside zone/RPO plays we want to run. Not exactly lighting up some absolutely atrocious defenses.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pratt feels like Bo Nix. That’s not a compliment. I’ll take him because he has the moxy you crave at the position but I don’t think he has game changing ability. Now, Weigman is my top guy. That kid stood in there and took blow after blow and kept fighting. Looked decent while doing so.

Pratt has had injury issues. Daniels also. Taulia is interesting. He looks like a world beater sometimes. Others not so much
Is Taulia actually good?? I figured him for a bust since I haven't heard his name since he left Bama..... would think it's an easy sell with his bro here in Miami and the whole poly close FAMILY stuff...

Advertisement
Is Taulia actually good?? I figured him for a bust since I haven't heard his name since he left Bama..... would think it's an easy sell with his bro here in Miami and the whole poly close FAMILY stuff...
I don't think he's bad. But he doesn't provide a rushing threat. I want a true dual threat weapon. Yes we'll need to pay up for that but it'll be 100% worth it.

No one is going to like this, but I think Pratt is mid as heck.

He’s obviously an upgrade and can get us to 8 wins, maybe 9 with good luck. There’s 7+ QBs I’d rather have, but we won’t target because there’s no SFL connection / no guarantee they hit the portal.

He hardly throws, which is perfect for MariBro and the gazillion inside zone/RPO plays we want to run. Not exactly lighting up some absolutely atrocious defenses.
This 100% guarantees we are getting Pratt.

Advertisement
Back