Portal QB Wishlist

Jalon Daniels would be 1a for me. Pratt 1b

Both will have every program in the country on them regardless of who their QB is. That includes Oregon, Washington, USC, LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, etc.

We might have a loophole for Pratt since he's a home town kid and possibly grew up a Canes fan. If that doesn't land him and he goes elsewhere I'd say we're settling for someone like Miller Moss, Garrett Nussmeier, one of the Bama or Georgia backups, or something similar.

You thinK Daniels leaves? The back injury kind of worries me, plus he won't be splitting reps with Bean next year. so i'm not sure if he leaves Kansas. The system is a great fit for him.

Advertisement
You thinK Daniels leaves? The back injury kind of worries me, plus he won't be splitting reps with Bean next year. so i'm not sure if he leaves Kansas. The system is a great fit for him.
I would stick at Kansas. Great coaches and a great system. But there’s no NIL. He likely weighs leaving for it

If we're looking at former Houston QB offers that have gone out over the past handful of years and could portal (not including any '23 kids):

Walker Howard (LSU) - Maybe as a second transfer QB but wouldn't want this guy to be my starter given lack of experience
Cardell Williams (Tulsa) - Fairly mid QB. Again, maybe as a backup.
Connor Weigman (Texas A&M) - Has an injury history but talented when he's right. Could be interesting to follow if Jimbo isn't back but I'm sure he'll have suitors.
Preston Stone (SMU) - Would gladly take a Stone for TVD trade but that isn't happening.
Seth Henigan (Memphis) - Having another good year at Memphis. Probably the most enticing option on this list.

If we're looking at former Houston QB offers that have gone out over the past handful of years and could portal (not including any '23 kids):

Walker Howard (LSU) - Maybe as a second transfer QB but wouldn't want this guy to be my starter given lack of experience
Cardell Williams (Tulsa) - Fairly mid QB. Again, maybe as a backup.
Connor Weigman (Texas A&M) - Has an injury history but talented when he's right. Could be interesting to follow if Jimbo isn't back but I'm sure he'll have suitors.
Preston Stone (SMU) - Would gladly take a Stone for TVD trade but that isn't happening.
Seth Henigan (Memphis) - Having another good year at Memphis. Probably the most enticing option on this list.

Would kill for Henigan. High on him.

Advertisement
Pratt would be such an upgrade here that we haven’t had in 20 years. I don’t see why that’s up for debate given his body of work. Injuries sure he needs to protect himself more running but what is it that you guys are seeing that isn’t a major upgrade with a veteran presence.
What makes him that much of an upgrade? He’s clearly better than TVD, don’t get me wrong…and we should win 8+ pretty easily with him given how cake the schedule is in 2024. I mean it’s weak as heck on paper.

Just trying to understand the rationale / what makes him in the eyes of many on CIS, an elite QB…other than he’s the QB of a well-coached team that beat USC in a bowl game + he’s a SFL kid.

I don’t see the ceiling, i see the floor raised. It’s a safe acquisition which fits in perfectly with Mario’s identity on offense. I do like how he’s improved in each year (obviously hurt this season), so that’s definitely a solid start.

What makes him that much of an upgrade? He’s clearly better than TVD, don’t get me wrong…and we should win 8+ pretty easily with him given how cake the schedule is in 2024. I mean it’s weak as heck on paper.

Just trying to understand the rationale / what makes him in the eyes of many on CIS, an elite QB…other than he’s the QB of a well-coached team that beat USC in a bowl game + he’s a SFL kid.

I don’t see the ceiling, i see the floor raised. It’s a safe acquisition which fits in perfectly with Mario’s identity on offense. I do like how he’s improved in each year (obviously hurt this season), so that’s definitely a solid start.
We’re an average QB away from being 8-1. Pratt puts GT away and doesn’t leave the game to Mario’s ineptitude. We certainly beat NC State.

A floor raiser wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world.

We actually should take two. One that projects as a starter in 2024 and the other who would battle Emory & Luke for 2025 with Judd being your big project. Yes, I’m assuming TVD and Brown are done at Miami.

A 5th year starter who has had great production every season doing it with both arm and legs - having an older successful QB matters in the NCAA - Travis, Nix, Penix it makes a big difference with college aged kids playing against QBs who know every coverage and how to respond.

Advertisement
My top 10 Potential Portal QB's:

1. Cameron Ward
2. Seth Henigan
3. Jaylen Raynor
4. Kadon Salter
5. CJ Montes
6. TJ Finley (Depending on the OC)
7. Cole Gonzales
8. Chandler Rogers
9. Behren Morton
10. Kyron Drones

If Austin Reed had another year of eligibility he'd be my #1 hands down.

Advertisement
What makes you say there is no NIL?

You can bet there is for KU basketball. That school has a huge following to pull from.
That's why... there is for basketball but they don't have much for football just because that school hasn't cared for football.

Not saying they don't have anything... but when we're talking an elite QB and one of the best players in the country (when healthy) that might draw interest from Washington, Oregon, USC, LSU, etc.. they have zero chance.

Pratt feels like Bo Nix. That’s not a compliment. I’ll take him because he has the moxy you crave at the position but I don’t think he has game changing ability. Now, Weigman is my top guy. That kid stood in there and took blow after blow and kept fighting. Looked decent while doing so.
I’d gladly take Bo Nix and his moxy, Guy us going to end up in New York at the Heisman ceremony. What is everyone watching…a comparison to the guy with 25 touchdowns and 2 picks isn’t a compliment??

Advertisement

He's lit it up when he's had to…They have a run based scheme, and a coach that always seems to sit on the ball in the 2h when they have a lead. He destroyed UCF last year in the AAC championship.

When he does throw…It looks like it's supposed to and looks like a clear p5 QB and NFL draft pick (albeit maybe not high round), jmo

My top 10 Potential Portal QB's:

1. Cameron Ward
2. Seth Henigan
3. Jaylen Raynor
4. Kadon Salter
5. CJ Montes
6. TJ Finley (Depending on the OC)
7. Cole Gonzales
8. Chandler Rogers
9. Behren Morton
10. Kyron Drones

If Austin Reed had another year of eligibility he'd be my #1 hands down.
Did you not include Pratt because you dislike him, or because you think he will go pro?

Advertisement
Back