Portal QB Wishlist

Advertisement
Not to derail this thread but the obvious question is why would a top portal QB want to come play in this offense? What’s the appeal?
Because the offense was the first 4 games before our QB issues. Rewatch the GT game and at least through the first 2.5 quarters the offense was the same. It’s not our offense that has led to the qb throwing 11 or 12 picks in the last 4+ games. Plug in an average QB and we’re 8-2 or 9-1. That’s the sell. Whatever happened to TVD happened and it was not the OC or HC imo.

Advertisement
Because the offense was the first 4 games before our QB issues. Rewatch the GT game and at least through the first 2.5 quarters the offense was the same. It’s not our offense that has led to the qb throwing 11 or 12 picks in the last 4+ games. Plug in an average QB and we’re 8-2 or 9-1. That’s the sell. Whatever happened to TVD happened and it was not the OC or HC imo.
I think this will be Mario's toughest sell. The problem is yes there is a 4 game sample but there is also the other 16 or so games (last year and this year) that other coaches are going to use against Mario (different OCs/similar results). If the rumors are true we may have a third OC in three years. Now that could be an advantage or disadvantage when trying to get portal QB. IF he gets a proven OC he could spin it as he's going to be hands off and let the new guy run his full offense etc.

I would think we have a lot of $ to throw at a top QB but so will others. Hopefully, Mario can pull a rabbit out of his hat and land one bc it will make his job a lot easier.

I think this will be Mario's toughest sell. The problem is yes there is a 4 game sample but there is also the other 16 or so games (last year and this year) that other coaches are going to use against Mario (different OCs/similar results). If the rumors are true we may have a third OC in three years. Now that could be an advantage or disadvantage when trying to get portal QB. IF he gets a proven OC he could spin it as he's going to be hands off and let the new guy run his full offense etc.

I would think we have a lot of $ to throw at a top QB but so will others. Hopefully, Mario can pull a rabbit out of his hat and land one bc it will make his job a lot easier.
I think Mario needs to come clean and admit to the bad eval of Van Dyke. 6 games in 21 and then the 4 games this year, only 1 against a P5 team this year where he performed well. The rest has been bad. Though the meltdown this year is unlike anything I’ve ever seen.

B28CBE5A-6DC3-4193-AB8F-78C5D19568BB.jpeg

Offer him a Nissan Maxima and a Wendy’s $5 biggie bag and he is ours!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Same here. I think it will come down to MSU vs Arkansas for him.
Smith from Oregon St will be Arkansas’ first call if they move on from Pittman. MSU would be smart to call him as well. He’s not staying at OSU if they can’t get into a conference.

Salter, Rogers and Drones would have to graduate. They’ve all already used their transfers.

Pay Fifita from Arizona anything he wants. He can start for the next 2-3 years and solves the lack of talent in that room for the foreseeable future immediately.

Advertisement
Back