Portal QB Wishlist

Asked who was starter for them? Seals in Portal too
Swann was the starter at the beginning and looks like he’ll got hurt/benched. I’ll admit I watched zero Vanderbilt games lol it’s pretty hard to look good on that team I’d imagine.

Advertisement
Swann was the starter at the beginning and looks like he’ll got hurt/benched. I’ll admit I watched zero Vanderbilt games lol it’s pretty hard to look good on that team I’d imagine.
Hurt off and on the entire year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good option. Mobile enough to get out and make plays with his feet too.

From Texas and there will be a few schools in the state searching for QBs - Houston, Baylor, TTU most likely. Not overly stiff competition

So an interesting guy hit the portal in Brendan Sorsby.

That kid is probably my top guy. Freshman with prototype size. 15 to 5 ratio. Great games vs. PSU, Wisky, and Illinois plus he can move.

This is our guy right here.

Big fan of the kid (I coached him). Got room to grow for sure.
But he’s headed back to Texas, or someplace close, like OSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Respectfully disagree..

He's making some big-time NFL throws.
This guy is making accurate throws, but the ball dies on him. I’m not saying that’s a problem, and you can win a whole lot of games with a guy like that, but I wouldn’t call anything on that tape a “big-time” NFL throw. Reminds me of Marc Bulger back in the day. Good anticipation, great accuracy, not the strongest arm.

Will Howard: 61% Comp%, 2,643 Yds, 7.5 adjusted Y/A, 24 TD, 6.7% TD%, 10 INT, 2.8% INT%, 140.1 QBRate, 351 RYds, 9 RTds.

Howard Has a career 3.21 INT% and <2:1 TD:INT ratio. Only in 17 our of his 31 games Howard threw for more TDs than INTs (54%).

TVD has a career INT% of 2.5% and >2:1 TD:INT ratio. TVD had 17 out of 29 games he threw for more TDs than INTs (58.6%).

For perspective Bo Nix has had 43 out of 59 games where he threw for more TDs than INTs - 72.8% ... and a 4.2 TD:INT ratio. And thats why Oregon has 11 wins.

So saying Howard is better than TVD... idk. Of course maybe you'd argue Howard doesn't have as low lows as TVD and brings something to the table due to his mobility. But he definitely doesn't have nearly as high highs statistically. Maybe you could say TVD has had better weapons and offensive system? Lol...

This guy is making accurate throws, but the ball dies on him. I’m not saying that’s a problem, and you can win a whole lot of games with a guy like that, but I wouldn’t call anything on that tape a “big-time” NFL throw. Reminds me of Marc Bulger back in the day. Good anticipation, great accuracy, not the strongest arm.

Very fair analysis and nice comp.

Advertisement
Back