Portal QB Wishlist

I didn't say he was an unreseemable bust.

But it cannot be denied he struggled immensely against P5 schools. So, if Miami were to bring him in we'd have 3 unproven QB's who are complete & total question marks.

Maybe Miami isn't in a win now situation next year, maybe another 6-6/7-5 season is perfectly okay. But if not, bringing in a kid who struggled with accuracy & didn't handle pressure very well doesn't sound like the best idea for Miami moving forward.

And HS rankings are absolutely meaningless once they're in College. There's a Mountain Hill of 5-star QB's who never panned out, so regardless of what his rankings were that certainly didn't help him against Oregon ST, Utah & Wash ST.
God help me if we only have 3 QBs next year. Heck, we need 5!

Advertisement
Can Ward, Michael Pratt, or Kaidon Salter. By any means necessary. Next years schedule sets up for a huge year. We need to make it happen.
Cam Ward and Seth Henigan are my Top 2 hypothetical QB additions. Salter already transferred I think?

Pratt is outside the Top 7 for me, but to each his own.

My bigger worry right now is who’s going to be QB in spring ball?

Other than Jeremiah Smith, that is a nightmare.
How so? Moore has a very high ceiling and all the physical tools you look for. He’s unproven sure, but are we really in a place to deny a talent like that?

I don’t think Bailey is a Miami caliber QB either but if it brings in Smith he’s definitely a take…

Cam Ward and Seth Henigan are my Top 2 hypothetical QB additions. Salter already transferred I think?

Pratt is outside the Top 7 for me, but to each his own.

My bigger worry right now is who’s going to be QB in spring ball?
Assuming Milroe is gunna start for Bama next year, they have some guys that may be looking to leave for a starting job somewhere. Certainly risky going for a guy that doesn't have any starting snaps to go off of. That's gunna be true for Bama, UGA, Ole Miss, etc.

But really the key is NIL. If you can get one of these highly rated recruits that have 2+ years for relatively cheap, I think you try to bring him in if they're willing to compete for the job. But I don't think you can ONLY get a guy like that. You either need to bring in 2 guys like that (like say a Ty Simpson AND Gunner Stockton), or you gotta try to get a 1 yr portal rental AND a young guy like Dante Moore, Marcel Reed, or Austin Simmons.

Regarding Salter, he redshirted after transfering from UTenn to Liberty. So not sure that counts as his 1 time transfer with immediate eligibility or not? Idk if you have to use that on your first transfer. But he transfered from UT in the spring like right a way I believe...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Said it in another thread:

Other than Oregon, Washington, ND and Auburn. What other big players will be in the market for a QB??? Seems like there will be an abundance of good supply with not much high quality demand. We should be able to get a good QB

Look at the possible Options: Maalik Murphy, Cam Ward, Riley Leonard, Brock Vandegriff, Van Dyke, Pratt, Will Rogers, Ty Simpson, Devin Brown, Dante Moore etc.

This is a good season to have QB issues since the portal wont be as bad as last year thanks to Milroe and Ewers, coming back along with Tenn, USC and OU having 5* QB's waiting in the wings.

GO Canes. and go and grab me 2 Studs from the Portal

Last three seasons Miami has had a healthy unquestioned starter at QB:

2016: Kaaya 9 wins
2017: Rosier 10 wins
2020: King 8 wins

One of the things this program needs most is getting a consistent 2-3 year starter who can stay healthy instead of doing the QB roulette every 2 years

Said it in another thread:

Other than Oregon, Washington, ND and Auburn. What other big players will be in the market for a QB??? Seems like there will be an abundance of good supply with not much high quality demand. We should be able to get a good QB

Look at the possible Options: Maalik Murphy, Cam Ward, Riley Leonard, Brock Vandegriff, Van Dyke, Pratt, Will Rogers, Ty Simpson, Devin Brown, Dante Moore etc.

This is a good season to have QB issues since the portal wont be as bad as last year thanks to Milroe and Ewers, coming back along with Tenn, USC and OU having 5* QB's waiting in the wings.

GO Canes. and go and grab me 2 Studs from the Portal
Pratt accepted his senior bowl invite I believe

Advertisement
Advertisement
People on here are quick to crown and even quicker to throw under the bus. Kid was 18 year old true freshman and had an okay season before injury and it’s “**** it he’s an unredeemable bust”

He would have been our highest ranked QB recruit ever.
That’s not true. We have had more than one #1 QB recruits and Kyle Wright was the #1 player in some rankings.

Just a reminder as we enter the transfer QB search. Don’t get caught up in the stats. Look at Nix, Penix, and Daniels prior to the their transfer their current destination
18CB962A-8CE8-4510-88B4-FA19B07E223A.jpeg
BF1BD89B-CEE0-40E8-87AF-38A44186DA21.jpeg
E7A5EBB0-613F-40B2-AF69-8D24CC1E726B.jpeg

Advertisement
Back