Pope & Jobe 247 Updates

Advertisement
Agree, Jobe moving to Connecticut is not a bad thing.

I don't think Mario Cristobal is magical like some, but in reading Jobe's comments, as a recruiter the guy is good. His presence at Alabaga wasn't trivial.

Those weren't Jobe's comments calling Cristobag an otherworldly recruiter. That was from the Alabaga slurping facquit who wrote the article.

Jobe said cristobal leaving bama did change things with him.

Show me the direct quote from Jobe where he's waxing poetic about Cristobag.

I would be very cautious about Jobe going to Cheshire. I played in that league for two years. Cheshire has a new head coach that has turned their program around. He has strong ties to Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama and Florida. Harbaugh held a camp their. The Cheshire head coach also use to send players to Saban at Michstate. I would be very careful putting him there. Two of my close friends coach in that league.

If Cristobag is such a mega recruiter and such a big factor with Jobe, then we should expect Oregon to make a big move and become a favorite to sign him. Right?

Advertisement
A lot harder to sell South FL kids to go to Oregon than Bama, especially with all the nice cars they hand out in Tuscaloosa...

But I get what you are saying.

****, lots of Ct hate here. I look forward to seeing Jobe live this year, even if I have to go to Chesire.

Go Canes!

I'm here by coining the phrase "The Pastor and his Pope"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
it is early and in the past few years a few of the early commits end up decommiting but a bunch don't its to early for me to get to worked up over any of it though,

if we can keep the kids we have and add guys like pope this could be a heck of a class, the more this team wins though the better for future classes also, if we beat fsu this year watch out , kids from south florida might start flocking to miami

Nah I don't worry about the coach of a kid doing a one year of pg or prep. Not going to have much influence. I did year of pg football at fork union and kids all went where they were committed to.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would be very cautious about Jobe going to Cheshire. I played in that league for two years. Cheshire has a new head coach that has turned their program around. He has strong ties to Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama and Florida. Harbaugh held a camp their. The Cheshire head coach also use to send players to Saban at Michstate. I would be very careful putting him there. Two of my close friends coach in that league.

Bump. Have you talked to anyone in that area about the Jobe decommit talk?

Yes this is not any insiders fault I see people blaming pete and what have you. This is about the shady staff at that school and BAMA. I do not want to out my friends but this has been coming for a while. Our staff did not know but coaches in that league new about it. This sort of thing happened alot with this coaching staff at a different prepschool and now that coaching staff is at this prepschool and its happening again. I would not expect this kid in this class

Advertisement
Back