Pope & Jobe 247 Updates

Another top target giving Texas a look. I thought that would end with Charlie gone. Who do they have recruiting south Florida on staff? Anyone to worry about?

Advertisement
Agree, Jobe moving to Connecticut is not a bad thing.

I don't think Mario Cristobal is magical like some, but in reading Jobe's comments, as a recruiter the guy is good. His presence at Alabaga wasn't trivial.

Very early but I love the news. Pope being locked in to visit early like this means he's trying to end this early and not be about recruiting drama which is great for us. Jobe going to Connecticut is ggreat because it is miserable up there just from reading what ESPN people say they hate it there so I can imagine a young Miami kid going there he'll get homesick

I don't think Mario Cristobal is magical like some, but in reading Jobe's comments, as a recruiter the guy is good. His presence at Alabaga wasn't trivial.

Those weren't Jobe's comments calling Cristobag an otherworldly recruiter. That was from the Alabaga slurping facquit who wrote the article.

Advertisement

Those weren't Jobe's comments calling Cristobag an otherworldly recruiter. That was from the Alabaga slurping facquit who wrote the article.

Jobe said cristobal leaving bama did change things with him.

"He said the move of Crimson Tide mega recruiter Mario Cristobal to Oregon changed things."

Not a quote, granted, but I am not upset about MC Turncoat being in the Pacific NW.

If we show progress (like winning the Coastal) then elite kids like this will come. No coincidence that Jobe started wavering during our 4 game losing streak. That is when the wheels fell off the whole thing. All of a sudden we couldnt get Leatherwood on the phone...Henderson and Edwards started looking at us side eyed...Jeudy flirted with us but didnt bite...Winning cures all. Our schedule is very favorable. Lets get it done this year.

The only issue I can see with him attending Chesire, is that the school has a relationship with Michigan. They have sent kids there in the past and it could be worrysome if teammates get in his ear about that place

Advertisement
The results on the field this year will be a big factor in where these guys end up.

this class needs to understand what HUGE impact they could make together "actually" bringing the U back to dominance and attention.... instead of 1-2 ambassadors that we usually have... could you imagine Pope, Lingard, Jobe, Fierson, Blades, Hall getting together and saying "we are the ones that are gonna knock bama off their tower".... all of them stating they are 100% locks and all recruit all the top kids for us.... imo THIS class has that type of pull and talent to elevate us to the top... not knocking the previous two classes, both of them are moving us to the top, but this class could be elite special, and change the mentality of SoFla kids being loyal to the U.

Advertisement
I am born and raised in CT. If i had to go back to live there I would shoot myself first. Let Jobe go there and any cold weather school is out! Probably Bama is out too being a small town.

Advertisement
Jobe moving to Connecticut for a year might not be a bad thing. Might give him an even a bigger appreciation for where he's from.
Some South Florida kids have gone to those Northern prep schools over the years and lasted a few weeks before coming back home.

idpR5uG.jpg

Advertisement
Back