Pool Party thread!!!

Advertisement
I actually don't know if we were all that keen on Sed. He was a plodder. Averaged >5 ypc in college but was a good pass catcher and run blocker. He was very good at Southridge as part of an amazing backfield with the Davis brothers but he never blew me away.
He’s was pretty good at Miami High as well. Rushed for 32 TDs his senior year.

Isn’t Darius Thomas the guy we liked for striker and we looked good for and then he committed to Georgia ?

Advertisement
Hey a fat a** is a fat a** at the end of the day, amirite

View attachment 150996

0EF08030-3EDF-427E-9F5D-BBA178834403.gif

Same memory. Sed Irvin, Sr. was a very good running back and proved as much at Michigan State, but like RVA wrote, UM was stacked at that time and for as good as Sed Sr. was, who was he playing over in that running back room? Remember that we had a continuous run of backs from: Edge, Jackson, Portis, McGahee and Gore. We were so stacked that after his injury Najeh had to love to fullback to get on the field.
If Sed Irvin came around a few years later when we had a run of Baby James and Greg Cooper and a bunch of other guys no one remembers, Sed would have been the man in that room.
0% Chance his son comes to Miami

Advertisement
Miami capped off its summer recruiting efforts with a pool party for top targets on Saturday. The event attracted a number of blue-chip recruits as Manny Diaz and his staff entertained multiple five and four-star prospects from the class of 2022 and 2023. 247Sports has more below.

'Canes make moves with DBs

Orlando (Fla.) Evans Top247 safety Markeith Williams was in Coral Gables for the second time this summer. He hasn't set a date to make a commitment, but there's reason to believe that a decision could come at some point over the next few weeks. If Williams, who also has Ohio State and Nebraska on his short list of favorites, does indeed decide to shut things down at some point in the near future, then it sounds like that could spell goods news for Miami. Williams was accompanied on the visit by both of his parents and got plenty of attention from UM assistant Ishmal Aristide, who graduated from Evans. I don't currently have a 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast logged for Williams, but I'm close to firing one in for the Hurricanes.

Williams wasn't the only defensive back that got the VIP treatment from Miami as the staff also rolled out the red carpet for Jacksonville (Fla.) Robert E. Lee five-star cornerback Jaheim Singletary, who spent most of Friday hanging out inside UM's facilities. The lengthy defender has been committed to Ohio State since early January, but has been considered a top priority for the Hurricanes ever since Manny Diaz hired Travaris Robinson to coach his secondary. It's hard to get much of a feel as to where things stand in Singletary's recruitment, but those close to Singletary keep bringing up the relationship he has with Robinson. Some think that could be the difference in the end.

DL targets show up

Miami wants Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard Top247 defensive lineman Nyjalik Kelly as much as any other recruit on the board, so the staff was fired up to get him back on campus for his third visit since June 1. Kelly brought mom with him and she apparently had a good time and was even in the pool for a little bit. The All-American Bowl selection isn't expected to make a decision until the Early Signing Period, but Miami has positioned themselves to secure on of Kelly's two remaining official visits. Jess Simpson continues to try and sell Kelly on the fact that he could thrive in UM's 4-3 front.

Homestead (Fla.) three-star defensive tackle Daniel Lyons was a surprise visitor of sorts. He gave a verbal commitment to FSU last weekend, but has kept in contact with the Hurricanes and remains near the top of Miami's wishlist, especially with four-star defensive tackle Zane Durant currently committed to Penn State. Lyons wasn't the only Homestead pass rusher on hand as four-star edge rusher Dante Anderson also got some face time with the staff. It's a bit unclear who all is pushing the hardest for Anderson, but Georgia Tech is believed to be in a good spot heading into the dead period.

More news & notes

– Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes four-star quarterback Jacurri Brown wasn't able to make it down to Miami's annual Paradise Camp due to the Elite 11 Finals. That's why it was a big deal that he showed up Saturday as the coaches wanted to get him around some of the Hurricanes' top 2023 offensive targets. That group of visitors included soon-to-be juniors like Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage five-star wide receiver Brandon Inniss, Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep five-star wide receiver Jalen Brown and Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage Top247 running back Mark Fletcher.

– Iniss and Brown are two 2023 wide receivers that Miami plans to fight for until the end. The Hurricanes area also very high on Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin 2023 wide receiver Jeremiah Shack, who basically told InsideTheU's David Lake that UM leads. Miami could very well end up taking three or four pass catchers next cycle and Shack could be one of them as the staff thinks he's just scratching the surface of his potential.

– Miami apparently came close to getting Jaleel Skinner on campus Saturday, but the nation's No. 1 ranked tight end per the 247Sports Composite wasn't able to leave IMG Academy after transferring into the national powerhouse last week. One person involved with direct knowledge of the situation views Skinner's recruitment as a three-team battle between Alabama, FSU and Miami.

Wesley Bissainthe was in Coral Gables for the fifth time over the past two months on Saturday. The Top247 linebacker out of nearby Miami Central continues to tell Miami that a decision won't come until late November or early December. There's a growing theory that he wants to see how the Hurricanes – and others – look on the field this season and that's why he's not rushing into a commitment.

– Winter Garden (Fla.) West Orange Top247 wide receiver Jayden Gibson didn't make it down to Miami this week. When asked Saturday at a local media day in Orlando if that meant anything, Gibson was quick to point out that he already knows everything he needs to know about the Hurricanes as his official visit the weekend of June 11 answered pretty much every question he had about the program. "I know everything I know about Miami," Gibson said. "I love Coach [Rob] Likens. I love Coach Manny. There's nothing I don't know about them already. Now it's finding out about these other schools."

I just listened to that Floooo Mo guy's video from yesterday. He said that Agbo was talking to a bunch of the guys via face time all through the pool party....
Did he say anything else useful or just ramble?

Advertisement
Did he say anything else useful or just ramble?
Let me preface this by saying the first time I watched his video was two weeks ago. I was so distracted by watching him drive and talk that I couldn't really concentrate on what he was saying. And the video was not great quality.

I had time so I listened to the one he put out last Thursday. That was better. All the way around.

And last night was a regular, in a studio of some sort video podcast. I started listening after he started and skipped most of the first 30 minutes. I paid attention when he started talking about recruiting. He definitely had some interesting takes on some recruits. Singletary was a big topic of discussion. FWIW, he thinks Singletary is a silent after the weekend. He also talked about Skinner - said the kid did everything in his power to get down to campus. Initially he had transportation issues but then IMG got involved and that was the end of the trip. His feeling is Miami is in the drivers seat right now for him. He also teased that there were some other visitors that were not mentioned and would remain off the radar. No clue as to who they could be.

He mentioned a few of the other guys who received Official Offers yesterday - Mathews, Khurtiss Perry and the kid from Cali. REally the message on there was there is alot of stuff going on very quietly behind the scenes on a number of recruits. Everyone should know that he staff is really doing work behind the scenes.

He is also going to sponsor Brashard Smith and Lawrence Taylor with an NIL opportunity through the podcast More info to come on that.

Let me preface this by saying the first time I watched his video was two weeks ago. I was so distracted by watching him drive and talk that I couldn't really concentrate on what he was saying. And the video was not great quality.

I had time so I listened to the one he put out last Thursday. That was better. All the way around.

And last night was a regular, in a studio of some sort video podcast. I started listening after he started and skipped most of the first 30 minutes. I paid attention when he started talking about recruiting. He definitely had some interesting takes on some recruits. Singletary was a big topic of discussion. FWIW, he thinks Singletary is a silent after the weekend. He also talked about Skinner - said the kid did everything in his power to get down to campus. Initially he had transportation issues but then IMG got involved and that was the end of the trip. His feeling is Miami is in the drivers seat right now for him. He also teased that there were some other visitors that were not mentioned and would remain off the radar. No clue as to who they could be.

He mentioned a few of the other guys who received Official Offers yesterday - Mathews, Khurtiss Perry and the kid from Cali. REally the message on there was there is alot of stuff going on very quietly behind the scenes on a number of recruits. Everyone should know that he staff is really doing work behind the scenes.

He is also going to sponsor Brashard Smith and Lawrence Taylor with an NIL opportunity through the podcast More info to come on that.
Thanks for the recap!

Advertisement

Sounds like Manny finally plugged all the leaks that were coming out. I like the fact theyre moving silently

JS aint a yesterday thing

Miami capped off its summer recruiting efforts with a pool party for top targets on Saturday. The event attracted a number of blue-chip recruits as Manny Diaz and his staff entertained multiple five and four-star prospects from the class of 2022 and 2023. 247Sports has more below.

'Canes make moves with DBs

Orlando (Fla.) Evans Top247 safety Markeith Williams was in Coral Gables for the second time this summer. He hasn't set a date to make a commitment, but there's reason to believe that a decision could come at some point over the next few weeks. If Williams, who also has Ohio State and Nebraska on his short list of favorites, does indeed decide to shut things down at some point in the near future, then it sounds like that could spell goods news for Miami. Williams was accompanied on the visit by both of his parents and got plenty of attention from UM assistant Ishmal Aristide, who graduated from Evans. I don't currently have a 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast logged for Williams, but I'm close to firing one in for the Hurricanes.

Williams wasn't the only defensive back that got the VIP treatment from Miami as the staff also rolled out the red carpet for Jacksonville (Fla.) Robert E. Lee five-star cornerback Jaheim Singletary, who spent most of Friday hanging out inside UM's facilities. The lengthy defender has been committed to Ohio State since early January, but has been considered a top priority for the Hurricanes ever since Manny Diaz hired Travaris Robinson to coach his secondary. It's hard to get much of a feel as to where things stand in Singletary's recruitment, but those close to Singletary keep bringing up the relationship he has with Robinson. Some think that could be the difference in the end.

DL targets show up

Miami wants Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Dillard Top247 defensive lineman Nyjalik Kelly as much as any other recruit on the board, so the staff was fired up to get him back on campus for his third visit since June 1. Kelly brought mom with him and she apparently had a good time and was even in the pool for a little bit. The All-American Bowl selection isn't expected to make a decision until the Early Signing Period, but Miami has positioned themselves to secure on of Kelly's two remaining official visits. Jess Simpson continues to try and sell Kelly on the fact that he could thrive in UM's 4-3 front.

Homestead (Fla.) three-star defensive tackle Daniel Lyons was a surprise visitor of sorts. He gave a verbal commitment to FSU last weekend, but has kept in contact with the Hurricanes and remains near the top of Miami's wishlist, especially with four-star defensive tackle Zane Durant currently committed to Penn State. Lyons wasn't the only Homestead pass rusher on hand as four-star edge rusher Dante Anderson also got some face time with the staff. It's a bit unclear who all is pushing the hardest for Anderson, but Georgia Tech is believed to be in a good spot heading into the dead period.

More news & notes

– Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes four-star quarterback Jacurri Brown wasn't able to make it down to Miami's annual Paradise Camp due to the Elite 11 Finals. That's why it was a big deal that he showed up Saturday as the coaches wanted to get him around some of the Hurricanes' top 2023 offensive targets. That group of visitors included soon-to-be juniors like Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage five-star wide receiver Brandon Inniss, Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep five-star wide receiver Jalen Brown and Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage Top247 running back Mark Fletcher.

– Iniss and Brown are two 2023 wide receivers that Miami plans to fight for until the end. The Hurricanes area also very high on Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin 2023 wide receiver Jeremiah Shack, who basically told InsideTheU's David Lake that UM leads. Miami could very well end up taking three or four pass catchers next cycle and Shack could be one of them as the staff thinks he's just scratching the surface of his potential.

– Miami apparently came close to getting Jaleel Skinner on campus Saturday, but the nation's No. 1 ranked tight end per the 247Sports Composite wasn't able to leave IMG Academy after transferring into the national powerhouse last week. One person involved with direct knowledge of the situation views Skinner's recruitment as a three-team battle between Alabama, FSU and Miami.

Wesley Bissainthe was in Coral Gables for the fifth time over the past two months on Saturday. The Top247 linebacker out of nearby Miami Central continues to tell Miami that a decision won't come until late November or early December. There's a growing theory that he wants to see how the Hurricanes – and others – look on the field this season and that's why he's not rushing into a commitment.

– Winter Garden (Fla.) West Orange Top247 wide receiver Jayden Gibson didn't make it down to Miami this week. When asked Saturday at a local media day in Orlando if that meant anything, Gibson was quick to point out that he already knows everything he needs to know about the Hurricanes as his official visit the weekend of June 11 answered pretty much every question he had about the program. "I know everything I know about Miami," Gibson said. "I love Coach [Rob] Likens. I love Coach Manny. There's nothing I don't know about them already. Now it's finding out about these other schools."

Interesting Lyons was back on campus. A lot of people had him as a "miss"

Advertisement
Back