Pool Party thread!!!

My understanding has been that the father wasn’t a fan of ours because of that. His father was a heckuva player and I think his uncle as well - South Miami or South Dade IIRC - but I think that was back in the Najeh Davenport /Portis/McGahee era so that’s who we were signing at the time fwiw. Anyhow, it would be something if Sed Sr ends up sending him here or supporting that choice while Choad Wilson and Earl Sr are alums and don’t do the same.
Same memory. Sed Irvin, Sr. was a very good running back and proved as much at Michigan State, but like RVA wrote, UM was stacked at that time and for as good as Sed Sr. was, who was he playing over in that running back room? Remember that we had a continuous run of backs from: Edge, Jackson, Portis, McGahee and Gore. We were so stacked that after his injury Najeh had to love to fullback to get on the field.
If Sed Irvin came around a few years later when we had a run of Baby James and Greg Cooper and a bunch of other guys no one remembers, Sed would have been the man in that room.

Advertisement
I work from home. It's t-shirt and basketball shorts for me. Dressed up to go out means I add flip flops to my ensemble.
I legit wear this when it's cold. It's probably not a good sign that I can't find a pic with a guy wearing it though.
original_gray_yoga_720x.jpg

This has been discussed ad naseum. He was pressured by a coach to do a silly thing in the heat of the moment. He says he meant no disrespect, and the next morning he blew off his planned day at FSU to hightail it down to UM to make things right. I'm more interested in the fact that he denied FSU a full day of visit to rush down to Miami than the gesture itself. We got another valuable day on campus with him off it. Kids don't take this stuff as seriously as the out of control fans. A lot of the HS players aren't even college football fans, don't watch football all day on TV because they have better things to do, and don't understand why people would get caught up in their feelings over that or why/if it's significant. He probably would have done an anti-FSU gesture if he had been at UM and some ******* coach pressured him to do the same thing.

The emotional fanboy brigade up in here really needs to let it go. We are recruiting the **** out of him, he's been to UM a ton, and we want him. Don't be part of the problem. Let the staff do their thing. LFG.
To me - if we get him it’s even sweeter knowing that FSU thought that they had him signed and sealed

Advertisement
Advertisement
In a word....YES! I suspect the poor talent is why we play 15 yards back from los, because we can't press with our current rOOster.
Yep. Only question in my mind is if all 4 (if we land JS) stay at CB. I think one of fegans or graves can probably play another position (safety) but we’ll need 4 bodies bc besides 2/7/8 probably gone after this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if 1-2 of the other backups leave as well making the need for CB this cycle yuuuge.

Advertisement
Same memory. Sed Irvin, Sr. was a very good running back and proved as much at Michigan State, but like RVA wrote, UM was stacked at that time and for as good as Sed Sr. was, who was he playing over in that running back room? Remember that we had a continuous run of backs from: Edge, Jackson, Portis, McGahee and Gore. We were so stacked that after his injury Najeh had to love to fullback to get on the field.
If Sed Irvin came around a few years later when we had a run of Baby James and Greg Cooper and a bunch of other guys no one remembers, Sed would have been the man in that room.
I actually don't know if we were all that keen on Sed. He was a plodder. Averaged >5 ypc in college but was a good pass catcher and run blocker. He was very good at Southridge as part of an amazing backfield with the Davis brothers but he never blew me away.

Advertisement
This has been discussed ad naseum. He was pressured by a coach to do a silly thing in the heat of the moment. He says he meant no disrespect, and the next morning he blew off his planned day at FSU to hightail it down to UM to make things right. I'm more interested in the fact that he denied FSU a full day of visit to rush down to Miami than the gesture itself. We got another valuable day on campus with him off it. Kids don't take this stuff as seriously as the out of control fans. A lot of the HS players aren't even college football fans, don't watch football all day on TV because they have better things to do, and don't understand why people would get caught up in their feelings over that or why/if it's significant. He probably would have done an anti-FSU gesture if he had been at UM and some ******* coach pressured him to do the same thing.

The emotional fanboy brigade up in here really needs to let it go. We are recruiting the **** out of him, he's been to UM a ton, and we want him. Don't be part of the problem. Let the staff do their thing. LFG.
Close Look GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

So buddy aint got no backbone?

Whats next, bringing in transfers from UNC who threw it down for 3 years? Sorry I dont vibe with the upside down U.

Some of you would let these kids spend the weekend with your ole lady in hopes they would sign. Kid aint gonna make nor break the class.

I actually don't know if we were all that keen on Sed. He was a plodder. Averaged >5 ypc in college but was a good pass catcher and run blocker. He was very good at Southridge as part of an amazing backfield with the Davis brothers but he never blew me away.
Do you think we would have pushed hard for Sed had he played in the post-Gore era? He was productive in college.

Advertisement
Back