Ponce-Diaz 2019!

Because patke is useless. We def need to get rid of Searles, but he aint getting replaced by an OC. And let’s get real, Jon aint getting no where!
I think the best thing CMR can do for his son, is bring in a really good OC, demote his son to an analyst position, where he can contunue to learn. As it seems many of your good OC's are also knowledgeable about QB reads, footwork, mechanics, and rhythm, John could very well learn to be a much better QB coach, as well as great insight to the OC world.
If he HAS to stay.......

Advertisement
I think the best thing CMR can do for his son, is bring in a really good OC, demote his son to an analyst position, where he can contunue to learn. As it seems many of your good OC's are also knowledgeable about QB reads, footwork, mechanics, and rhythm, John could very well learn to be a much better QB coach, as well as great insight to the OC world.
If he HAS to stay.......
Exactly. Plus, he's never gonna succeed on his own with Daddy's 1988 playbook. Hiring a competent modern OC would be great for his son.

I think by not being tied to 1 position, it would also give him opportunity (if he truly wants to hone his craft) to sit in on RB meetings occasionally, the receiver meetings here and there. Begin to develop a better understanding of how the puzLe peices all fit.
I think this also pays dividends down the road for recruiting purposes, as he learns more, and develops a better understanding of the big picture, I think he will have a better product (himself) to sell to these recruits.

PhotoFunia-1540407276.jpg

Advertisement
If he went to the High I like him already. Small tidbit he was Baez coach at Gables.

Less than zero chance Brown or Dugans are fired by Richt. Both are inner circle guys for him with loyalty and trust in all directions, and oh by the way, both are doing great jobs. Dugans wouldn't have turned down FSU if there was a chance Richt was gonna fire him a year later. C'mon man.
Desperate people do desperate things that don't seem logical.if he has to let someone go it won't be Jr.and who is let go if an offensive coordinator is hired.We've already got the max coaches allowed by the ncaa.

Hes not hiring an OC. His son, his FSU son dugans, and his uga son Brown, arent getting fired.

It will be Golden 2.0 but the slurpers will claim that next year is the year bc of Williams. Rinse and repeat.

Yooooo. That’s my old H.S. coach. Y’all boys want to see what the play is with him??? Frankie P don’t play that ****. We might lose some softies on the team that’s for sure.

Best story from him. We came out lazy for practice one day and he was like, “Man y’all out here jolly like a sissy with a bag full of ****s. **** this **** we going up downs until someone quit.” This man pulled out a snickers bar and leaned on the goal post and said, “Not going anywhere for a while” and took a bite.

250 up downs later some scrub finally caved in then we went to practice. Turned us into men. 6 Div 1 players from a terrible team. Called his *** the Venezuelan Venom. Love that guy.
He would call Rosier everything but a child of god lol

Advertisement
Best thing Rick can do is find a “promotion” somewhere for one of our current assistants and replace that spot with Kendal. Rick has connections. He can find a good “promotion” for a guy like Brown or his son.

The biggest problem Rick created was naming Dugans and Brown coordinators. Practically speaking, it’ll be tough to keep either of those guys on staff (I’d hate to lose Dugans) if he brings in an outsider and hands him the offense. He’s almost made it where he has to give play calling duties to one or both of them if he decides to relinquish play calling.

Best thing Rick can do is find a “promotion” somewhere for one of our current assistants and replace that spot with Kendal. Rick has connections. He can find a good “promotion” for a guy like Brown or his son.

The biggest problem Rick created was naming Dugans and Brown coordinators. Practically speaking, it’ll be tough to keep either of those guys on staff (I’d hate to lose Dugans) if he brings in an outsider and hands him the offense. He’s almost made it where he has to give play calling duties to one or both of them if he decides to relinquish play calling.

"Promote" Brown. Not that I'm unimpressed with the RBs, but on par I think the performance of the WRs (especially blocking) demonstrated good coaching.

"Promote" Brown. Not that I'm unimpressed with the RBs, but on par I think the performance of the WRs (especially blocking) demonstrated good coaching.
Normally I agree, promote within, but I'm not sure thats the way to go...As far as RBs go...Our OL is horrendous in run blocking....soooo, unless we fix that problem with some road graders, it'll be status quo....Good to Great RB coaches aren't a dime a dozen...And if you happen to be following in the footsteps of the exploits of Don Soldinger, then it stands out even more so....

Advertisement
Here's who we should hire as OC! He and Diaz would destroy the ACC! Ponce-Diaz 2019!! GO CANES!!

XNKJHAFNSFYVXOD.20150717213858.jpg

FRANK PONCE

Co-Offensive Coordinator (Passing Game)/Quarterbacks
Frank Ponce
is entering his sixth season as Appalachian State's co-offensive coordinator for the passing game and quarterbacks coach.
Ponce helped groom 2017 senior Taylor Lamb, who finished his career as the school and Sun Belt leader in touchdown passes with 90. The only FBS quarterbacks in 2017 with career totals of at least 9,000 passing yards and 2,000 rushing yards were Lamb, Ohio State's J.T. Barrett and Louisville's Lamar Jackson.

With 27 touchdown passes and six interceptions as a senior, Lamb had the second-best season for an App State quarterback in terms of touchdown-to-interception ratio. He was 15th nationally in passing efficiency (152.2), 17th in passing touchdowns (27) and 20th in point responsibility (192).

Lamb led the conference in passing efficiency two years straight and was fourth as a junior, last season, despite a group of young wide receivers. In 2015, Lamb ranked third among all freshman in the NCAA Division I FBS, he ranked No. 10 nationally with a 160.7 pass-efficiency rating and was the highest-rated sophomore. Working with Ponce, Lamb has set several Appalachian State records, including freshman passing yards (2,381) and touchdown passes (17) by a freshman during his Sun Belt Freshman of the Year campaign and, in 2015, most touchdown passes in a season (31).

In 2015, Ponce's aerial attack ranked No. 1 in the Sun Belt in passing efficiency (163.2), good for seventh-best nationally, en route to the No. 2 best red zone offense in the conference.In his first season at Appalachian State (2-13), Ponce directed the Southern Conference's No. 2-ranked passing game (271.8 ypg). He also oversaw the development of quarterback Kameron Bryant, who came into the season with just 13 snaps under his belt yet set school records for single-season completion percentage (.712) and passing yards by a sophomore (2,713) despite not making his debut as a starter until the fifth game of the season.

Ponce came to Appalachian State after spending six seasons (2007-12) as the wide receivers coach at Florida International, where he worked under App State head coach Scott Satterfield for the two seasons that Satterfield served as FIU's offensive coordinator (2010-11).

Ponce coached six of the top 10 receivers in FIU history during his six seasons with the Golden Panthers. His most notable pupil at FIU was three-time all-American T.Y. Hilton, who went on to be a third-round NFL Draft pick and has caught 214 passes for 3,289 yards and 19 touchdowns in his first two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts.

Ponce was also renowned for his recruiting ability during his time at FIU and was honored by ESPN.com as the Sun Belt's top recruiter in 2010. During his six seasons at FIU, the Golden Panthers' recruiting classes ranked among the top three in the Sun Belt five times, according to Rivals.com.

Prior to FIU, Ponce was one of the top high-school coaches in football-rich south Florida, serving as the head coach and offensive coordinator at tradition-laden Miami Senior H.S. from 2004-06 and head coach at Coral Reef H.S. from 2002-03. He began his coaching career with stints as an assistant at La Progresiva Presbyterian School (offensive coordinator - 1992), Coral Gables H.S. (quarterbacks/wide receivers - 1993-96), Miami Northwestern H.S. (quarterbacks - 1998), Miami Central H.S. (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks - 1999-2000) and Miami Killian H.S. (offensive coordinator - 2001). As a high-school coach, he mentored Willis McGahee (Miami Central), who went on to be an all-America running back at the University of Miami and two-time NFL Pro Bowler.

A native of Miami, Ponce had a decorated playing career as a quarterback at Miami Senior, where he was team MVP, honorable-mention all-county and a finalist for the 1988 Miami Herald Hispanic Athlete of the Year award. He went on to be starting quarterback at Arizona Western College in 1989 and ‘90, where he earned an associate's degree in arts in 1990. He received a bachelor's degree in physical education from Florida International in 1997.

Ponce has two children: Frankie Jr. and Isabel.

PONCE AT A GLANCE
Coaching Experience
1992:
La Progresiva Presbyterian School (offensive coordinator)
1993-96: Coral Gables H.S. (quarterbacks/wide receivers)
1998: Miami Northwestern H.S. (quarterbacks)
1999-2000: Miami Central H.S. (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks)
2002-03: Miami Coral Reef H.S. (head coach)
2004-06: Miami Senior H.S. (head coach/offensive coordinator)
2007-12: Florida International (wide receivers)
2013-pres.: Appalachian State (co-offensive coordinator (passing game)/QBs)
Playing Experience
1989-90:
Arizona Western (QB)
Alma Mater: Florida International, 1997
Hometown: Miami, Fla.
Birthdate: April 3, 1971
Son: Frankie Jr.
Daughter: Isabel
Twitter: @CoachFrankPonce
With all the other top OC being snatched up, I would give this guy a call yesterday! His cred looks 10 x better than what we got now! And at least the guy can coach a QB and have him ready in a year! Our guy coach the QBs and the next year they are worse!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back