Ponce’s hire is incredibly problematic because he’s likely our 2023 OC

Advertisement
Don't understand what the massive hard-on here is for Ponce. I get some were worried he wouldn't be the best choice for OC, which he wasn't, but now based on that he shouldn't be anywhere near the program? He's a quality coach and not a bad OC already.

Advertisement
Why this thread is still going?
Buster Keaton End Rant GIF

Last edited:
As usual Cristobal makes an experienced hire with great south florida background & ties.

A solid QB coach to work with Gattis and the Qbs. Time with Satterfield should help with offensive planning. Want to repeat, Ponce is great addition to the coaching staff.
I was saying outstanding to the veiled shot at Manny

Advertisement
Gattis is probably here only one year, which puts Ponce as the likely OC for the Canes in 2023 and that’s a major issue.

That is problematic because it means a below average “Ponce” will likely be the 2023 OC with first year starting QB “Garcia”. That’s a problem, because guys like Garcia, and Brown, for that matter, needs a dynamic OC.

Mario needed to hire younger, more dynamic TRUE QB coach with a fertile OC mind that just needed more seasoning.

Ponce is Mario’s only problematic hire.
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Ponce is an A+ hire as a QB coach

Hopefully we get Gattis to stay at least 2 years and then if Ponce is ready to be OC then he’s ready

I trust Mario to know if he is or not

Advertisement
Gattis is probably here only one year, which puts Ponce as the likely OC for the Canes in 2023 and that’s a major issue.

That is problematic because it means a below average “Ponce” will likely be the 2023 OC with first year starting QB “Garcia”. That’s a problem, because guys like Garcia, and Brown, for that matter, needs a dynamic OC.

Mario needed to hire younger, more dynamic TRUE QB coach with a fertile OC mind that just needed more seasoning.

Man I’m so tired of hearing from U sideline coaches and college football analysts, lmao…Ponce was a very good hire and he’s a pretty good coach and recruiter, otherwise Mario wouldn’t have hired him…Mario got one of the best OC in G5 to become his QB coach…now he can learn from some of the best in P5…if Mario decides to make him OC in a year or two or three, I’m confident it’s bcs Mario believes he’s proven himself to be ready

Advertisement
Man I’m so tired of hearing from U sideline coaches and college football analysts, lmao…Ponce was a very good hire and he’s a pretty good coach and recruiter, otherwise Mario wouldn’t have hired him…Mario got one of the best OC in G5 to become his QB coach…now he can learn from some of the best in P5…if Mario decides to make him OC in a year or two or three, I’m confident it’s bcs Mario believes he’s proven himself to be ready
Tell me why you think Ponce is good? What are you basing this on?

Dudes always got something to complain about smh. You Butch disciples are something else.

Tell me why you think Ponce is good? What are you basing this on?

Ponce posted a top 30 offense THIS YEAR in his first year as OC - whereas Jason Candle who was considered a grand slam for OC had an offense ranked #38.

Even if he is our OC in 2023, which we should be skeptical of - he's far from being a bum.

Advertisement
Back