Ponce’s hire is incredibly problematic because he’s likely our 2023 OC

Advertisement
I don't want to discredit Ponce in any way, but what about Mario's hires suggests that he's not trying to hit homeruns? I mean, if this is indeed the plan then why hire Gattis as a stopgap for a year? Why not just hire Ponce now then? This is nonsensical speculation.

I don't think I've ever seen so much of an overreaction to a staff hire on this board as Frank Ponce, relax Fellers.

Having Ponce as QB coach inside the building gives him a chance to audition for the OC role when it opens. If he earns it, he earns it. If not, Mario will just go steal another OC from a P5 program.

At this point, Ponce is nothing but a POTENTIAL FUTURE OPTION as a coordinator.

Advertisement
Having Ponce as QB coach inside the building gives him a chance to audition for the OC role when it opens. If he earns it, he earns it. If not, Mario will just go steal another OC from a P5 program.

At this point, Ponce is nothing but a POTENTIAL FUTURE OPTION as a coordinator.

Oh, thank goodness. Sven Jolly had me convinced that Ponce signed a binding 10-year OC-in-waiting contract.

I just don’t get the negativity. Garbage thread. IMO

I mean what else can garbage people produce... Its a shtick... This user is really a 200+ lb gator cheerleader from 2004 whose transferring her feelings of negative self worth every time she wakes up from her daily Little Debbie coma. If she didn't have compromising pictures of DMoney she would have been banned a long time ago.

Anybody remember when we were worried because Dan Enos was only a one year rental and was going to be a head coach somewhere?

This is just like that, but even dumber.

Advertisement
Hey, when Shannon leaves for the nfl, lets make Whipple the coach in waiting.

When Golden leaves, lets make sure Fisch doesn't get away. Make him the HCIW.

Man, we can't let Diaz get away. Richt won't be here much longer.

People never learn. Let these men do their jobs. Gattis is the OC, Ponce is the QB coach. This isn't Madden.

This topic of discussion is entirely unique and your stance on it is so important to all of us. Thank you so much for making your own thread for this.

Am I missing the issue with Ponce as an OC? App St averages 192 YPG on the ground and 247 passing. 34.5 PPG.. With Chase Brisoce at QB. Quite a step down from the arm TVD has.

Advertisement
Gattis is probably here only one year, which puts Ponce as the likely OC for the Canes in 2023 and that’s a major issue.

That is problematic because it means a below average “Ponce” will likely be the 2023 OC with first year starting QB “Garcia”. That’s a problem, because guys like Garcia, and Brown, for that matter, needs a dynamic OC.

Mario needed to hire younger, more dynamic TRUE QB coach with a fertile OC mind that just needed more seasoning.

Ponce is Mario’s only problematic hire.
The MOST problematic issue with Ponce,..is that even with him ONLY being a QB coach, right now,...is that somehow,..it still allows you to continue posting negative garbage!!

But other than that,..we can deal with needing a new OC,..when we actually NEED, an OC.

Meantime,..I can offer you Tampax, or Allways,..if that will help you out?

Gattis is probably here only one year, which puts Ponce as the likely OC for the Canes in 2023 and that’s a major issue.

That is problematic because it means a below average “Ponce” will likely be the 2023 OC with first year starting QB “Garcia”. That’s a problem, because guys like Garcia, and Brown, for that matter, needs a dynamic OC.

Mario needed to hire younger, more dynamic TRUE QB coach with a fertile OC mind that just needed more seasoning.

Ponce is Mario’s only problematic hire.
Really?

I will let others argue the merits of your post, but I am curious.... do you not believe that their real names are Ponce and Garcia?

Advertisement
Mario will interview Ponce for the job and if he thinks he will do a good job I would have no problem with him as OC.
This right here, I know this is a troll by op but if this happens so what? It would mean our offense was good enough that gattis gets a Hc spot, and TVD would have continued developing into an elite qb. Why would it be a problem to hire the qb coach partially responsible for that who also has OC experience? Mario doesn’t just hand out coaching spots as we’ve seen so that means he also beat out other qualified candidates in the interview process.

Advertisement
Back