Poll time

Who is your #1 choice to be the next coach at UM?

• Total voters
Voted for Patterson. Butch is going to run away with any fan poll, though, because of nostalgia.

Patterson/Chip/Gundy are the first three guys that should be contacted. Make all three say no. Then you wait one week to interview Herman (not an option in the poll) after the AAC Championship Game. If you get turned down by all of them as well as any high-profile coach not currently on our radar, then you go with Butch.

Butch will always be there if we miss on more widely coveted coaches, but due diligence should be done first.
Due diligence is just about to bite us in the butt..

Shaq flipping?

Advertisement
Are u our official pollster? It seems to me you make a few threads with polls every week lately.

Voted for Patterson. Butch is going to run away with any fan poll, though, because of nostalgia.

Patterson/Chip/Gundy are the first three guys that should be contacted. Make all three say no. Then you wait one week to interview Herman (not an option in the poll) after the AAC Championship Game. If you get turned down by all of them as well as any high-profile coach not currently on our radar, then you go with Butch.

Butch will always be there if we miss on more widely coveted coaches, but due diligence should be done first.

You keep saying this and you are still wrong.

A great HC is 10000x more important then a recruiting class. People used that excuse last year not to fire Golden.

I never really 100% know who I want until I vote in these polls and have to choose someone

Advertisement

Shaq flipping?
I seriously doubt it... He feels whom ever the next coach is will be the right coach. .. but alot of the other recruits are in panic mode...need a coach to settle them down..hold them together

A great HC is 10000x more important then a recruiting class. People used that excuse last year not to fire Golden.
Miami has had **** near a month to decide on a coach...other schools have picked up new coaches that will be good fits for their program in less than a week...by the end of next week everyone without a coach will have one... recruiting before the dead period...while Miami's hired think tank will have their list down to five oh now 4 one just got hired by some other team... is it any more than contact the desired coach or his handler...say this is UM we are going to hire a coach in the next two weeks let me know if you are interested by weeks end

Have you and other parents of commits reached out to UM to express your concerns?

Miami has had **** near a month to decide on a coach...other schools have picked up new coaches that will be good fits for their program in less than a week...by the end of next week everyone without a coach will have one... recruiting before the dead period...while Miami's hired think tank will have their list down to five oh now 4 one just got hired by some other team... is it any more than contact the desired coach or his handler...say this is UM we are going to hire a coach in the next two weeks let me know if you are interested by weeks end

The season just ended, the coaches pool has now opened up. I don't know what you don't understand about that.

The right coach is a lot more important then any recruit, any recruiting class, etc.

Is there a possibility that we will drag this on and make a bad hire. Of course, we are dealing with the Miami admin and Blake James.

Advertisement

You don't know what you don't know. You don't know when other programs will have coaches, if they've hired a group to assist in the search, or basically anything. I understand your interest for obvious reasons, but please don't act like you know how any of this is going or goes. It's obvious you have no clue how a coaching search goes during the season and for some they still have a game left before their bowl preparations.

No offense to your son or any recruit, but go somewhere else if you don't want to wait. As another said, this hire is far more important than any recruit or any class of recruits. Recruiting hasn't been the problem, development of the talent once it gets here is. That's been true for a decade and some change.

None of the bigger openings have filled beside VT. Are all those other schools running out of time as well? Do you know when things started moving behind the scenes before coach x was fired or resigned? Nah, you're just guessing.

Kelly-gif.gif

2. [VINE]OBhIMzqLrhV[/VINE]

95Keg5.gif

based on desire alone, it would be patterson or kelly.. based on who i think we'll get and who i'd be extremely satisfied with. butch davis. i want us to have a nasty defense again.. saban and his nasty defenses keep bama in the title hunt every year...

Advertisement
Anybody who picked Mario needs to be banned from all Miami Hurricane message boards,

I understand where Shaq, Sr. is coming from, but this is more than 1 or even 10 recruits. I'd gladly sacrifice a recruit, or 3 or a whole class to hire the coach that could possibly SAVE the ******* program.

You don't know what you don't know. You don't know when other programs will have coaches, if they've hired a group to assist in the search, or basically anything. I understand your interest for obvious reasons, but please don't act like you know how any of this is going or goes. It's obvious you have no clue how a coaching search goes during the season and for some they still have a game left before their bowl preparations.

No offense to your son or any recruit, but go somewhere else if you don't want to wait. As another said, this hire is far more important than any recruit or any class of recruits. Recruiting hasn't been the problem, development of the talent once it gets here is. That's been true for a decade and some change.

None of the bigger openings have filled beside VT. Are all those other schools running out of time as well? Do you know when things started moving behind the scenes before coach x was fired or resigned? Nah, you're just guessing.

I appreciate your permission for my son and I to leave... For the record my son and I are two separate entities... Him going to UM was his decision... I couldn't nor wouldn't make the decision for him... " He is committed to the University of Miami not a coach " those are his words.. My opinion... not his... Hire a coach with the utmost urgency... this is not UM first dance... they have made both good and bad hires... Get your targets send hits ... find who is interested... make the hire ... the end. If you want Chip send a feeler if he is interested then you wait for him...If you want Butch he is ready now... regardless of whom you want...you can't sit around with thumb inserted in butt... Make your choice before your choice makes you is all I'm saying.

Advertisement

I appreciate your permission for my son and I to leave... For the record my son and I are two separate entities... Him going to UM was his decision... I couldn't nor wouldn't make the decision for him... " He is committed to the University of Miami not a coach " those are his words.. My opinion... not his... Hire a coach with the utmost urgency... this is not UM first dance... they have made both good and bad hires... Get your targets send hits ... find who is interested... make the hire ... the end. If you want Chip send a feeler if he is interested then you wait for him...If you want Butch he is ready now... regardless of whom you want...you can't sit around with thumb inserted in butt... Make your choice before your choice makes you is all I'm saying.

I agree with due diligence and agree with the fact that no recruit or class matters, the coaching search matters more. But.. they are absolutely taking their sweet *** time with this hire. We just now interviewed Butch and Schiano? 2 guys that didn't have a job to start with. It took 6 weeks to do that? That could have been out of the way then you wait and see what opens up, who is fired, etc and line stuff up for Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and if one candidate is desired that has a conference championship or whatever... wait until this coming sunday/monday.

However, they waited this long to even get the first part going, therefore they are behind in all aspects. If it's Butch and the rumors are true they are letting "the season die down" they are insane. Do it tomorrow.

I understand where Shaq, Sr. is coming from, but this is more than 1 or even 10 recruits. I'd gladly sacrifice a recruit, or 3 or a whole class to hire the coach that could possibly SAVE the ****ing program.

I don't think you understand me... When the list of available coaches dwindle down in the next couple of weeks... then you will understand... Shaq is going to Miami... he has made that choice...I'm not talking about him... I'm talking for myself as a UM Fan... this is a serious and extremely important decision to be made I know... and I too believe its more important to have the right coach versus the right recruit... But the two go hand and hand... I will guarantee you one of the primary concerns of the new coach is going to be recruits.... All I'm saying is if you know who you want get him as quick as possible... afford him the opportunity to start on him primary task... recruits.

Look I like Butch; but you're delusional if you think he's a better fit than Kelly, Patterson, maybe even Mullen or Gundy. I know he's a **** good recruiter and assembled one of the most talented rosters in College Football history. Additionally, with the right staff, he could kickstart our already sputtering program - but better than CHIP KELLY or PATTERSON? Do you realize what those savages would do with S. Fla talent? We would be absolutely sickening.

I guess they will do what Butch was on his way to doing......or maybe not

Advertisement
Back