Poll time

Who is your #1 choice to be the next coach at UM?

• Total voters
Advertisement
Can't see the poll on tapatalk, but I vote no to anything Richt

Voted for Patterson. Butch is going to run away with any fan poll, though, because of nostalgia.

Patterson/Chip/Gundy are the first three guys that should be contacted. Make all three say no. Then you wait one week to interview Herman (not an option in the poll) after the AAC Championship Game. If you get turned down by all of them as well as any high-profile coach not currently on our radar, then you go with Butch.

Butch will always be there if we miss on more widely coveted coaches, but due diligence should be done first.

Advertisement
I'm in the "hire Dan Mullen" camp ... But assuming we really had a shot at those names, Chip Kelly should be the guy. He's the most proven college coach on that list.

Anybody picking Butch over Kelly is just being stubborn.

Last edited:
Look I like Butch; but you're delusional if you think he's a better fit than Kelly, Patterson, maybe even Mullen or Gundy. I know he's a **** good recruiter and assembled one of the most talented rosters in College Football history. Additionally, with the right staff, he could kickstart our already sputtering program - but better than CHIP KELLY or PATTERSON? Do you realize what those savages would do with S. Fla talent? We would be absolutely sickening.

Patterson/Chip/Gundy are the first three guys that should be contacted. Make all three say no. Then you wait one week to interview Herman (not an option in the poll) after the AAC Championship Game. If you get turned down by all of them as well as any high-profile coach not currently on our radar, then you go with Butch.

Butch will always be there if we miss on more widely coveted coaches, but due diligence should be done first.

This all day long. Although, just out of personal preference I'd swap out Gundy for Dantonio.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look I like Butch; but you're delusional if you think he's a better fit than Kelly, Patterson, maybe even Mullen or Gundy. I know he's a **** good recruiter and assembled one of the most talented rosters in College Football history. Additionally, with the right staff, he could kickstart our already sputtering program - but better than CHIP KELLY or PATTERSON? Do you realize what those savages would do with S. Fla talent? We would be absolutely sickening.

I understand Patterson. He had great defenses and then scrapped that for great offenses, so he is flexible. Chip is not the same thing. He wants to change the nature of Cane football like Golden did. We have never been "his" type of offense. We do not need to be because of S Fla talent you mention. His crap is for a bunch of NH in-breds who cannot run or use the whole field each play. Plus he only thinks about half the team. We have more talent for old school Cane defense than anywhere in the country. Chip would ignore all of it. Then FSU would take that talent and crush his fat head every year. Mullen is about the same thing. The only reason Saban fat crap defense, or Urban, Chip, all those offenses in TX have worked is because THE U was jailed by Donna. Let us get free and be MIAMI again, and all that crap goes back in the closet.

How is "They'll **** this up somehow" different than "Mario Cristobal" or "Lane Kiffen" or "Greg Schiano?"

Advertisement
Kelly or Patterson.

But realistically Herman, Richt, or Butch

Agree on the first two, I would throw Mullen into the second group as well. Butch would be last amongst that group. If our hire is anyone outside this list that has been discussed on the board I will be disappointed. Eg. Strong, Chud, Cristobal

Last edited:
I need a second vote. I voted for Butch with my heart, but my brain tell me "They'll **** this up somehow" is the right answer.

Voted for Patterson. Butch is going to run away with any fan poll, though, because of nostalgia.

Due diligence is just about to bite us in the butt..

One Butch in hand... is better than 10 Kellys in the bush.

Advertisement
Back