Poll: Should Mike Rumph be fired?

Should Rumph be fired

• Yes

Votes: 141 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 172 55.0%

• Total voters
Elite kids go to elite schools. We aren't there yet. Take a step back from the ledge people. I guess Blades, Ivey and the boys we already signed are garbage right? Can anyone show me a 10-3 school that recruited as well as we did this class? You guys need to chill with your expectations. First y'all expected Richt to turn a 6-6 team into the 01 Canes his first season. Then get ****ed off when we miss on Surtain, Campbell, and Chatfield? 1 kid doesn't make a class folks

Blades didn't even start in high school. But hey he talks a lot of **** and has a great name. So he will be a star. I have never even seen a highlight reel of Ivey, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he could end up ok for us. It is absolutely unacceptable to not land one of Jobe, Surtain, Campbell.

Ivey is slow but he's long. He's a low 4-star type kid. Way overhyped on this board, of course.

Advertisement
He’s a good coach, recruiting isn’t everything.

If he was a good coach then the kids who have seen his coaching first hand would want to play for him. Surtain said I can get better coaching at Bama peace.

Sure.

Let's fire Surtain and hire Saban for $10 million per year to be our DB coach.

Problem solved.

And just to be clear, do we think that Jobe and Surtain chose to play for Saban, or this guy:

Karl Scott
played at McMurry State (and to state the obvious, no, he was not a first round NFL draft choice)
2016-2018 – Texas Tech Assistant Coach (Secondary)
2015 – Louisiana Tech Assistant Coach (Safeties)
2014 – Southeastern Louisiana (Defensive Coordinator)
2012-13 – Southeastern Louisiana (Linebackers, Travel Coordinator)
2008-11 – Tusculum (Recruiting Coordinator, Defensive Backs, Linebackers)
2007 – Delta State (Graduate Assistant)

Obviously, certain DBs think that they will be taught by Nick Saban, not Karl Scott.

Elite kids go to elite schools. We aren't there yet. Take a step back from the ledge people. I guess Blades, Ivey and the boys we already signed are garbage right? Can anyone show me a 10-3 school that recruited as well as we did this class? You guys need to chill with your expectations. First y'all expected Richt to turn a 6-6 team into the 01 Canes his first season. Then get ****ed off when we miss on Surtain, Campbell, and Chatfield? 1 kid doesn't make a class folks

Yes I can. Texas.

Yes but who needs Tom Herman when you can have UGAs old garbage, Texas' old garbage DC, and a bunch of inexperienced dudes coaching you!

No. Absolutely not. Ivey, Blades, Hall are all studs. It's going to take a couple years to pry all the 5 stars we want from Bama. They just won a natty for Christ's sake. And I known Georgia isn't Bama but they were a playoff team this year. I think if we didn't blow our load those last 2 regular season games and made the playoffs we would have landed at least 1 of Surtain, Campbell, or Samuel. Rumph has made Michael Jackson into a pro prospect. Do you all remember the meltdown when he committed? People hated taking him. He's a good coach. Let's see how he recruits the next couple years.

MICHAEL JACKSON WAS A 4* RECRUIT.

mj.jpg

Advertisement

If he was a good coach then the kids who have seen his coaching first hand would want to play for him. Surtain said I can get better coaching at Bama peace.

Sure.

Let's fire Surtain and hire Saban for $10 million per year to be our DB coach.

Problem solved.

And just to be clear, do we think that Jobe and Surtain chose to play for Saban, or this guy:

Karl Scott
played at McMurry State (and to state the obvious, no, he was not a first round NFL draft choice)
2016-2018 – Texas Tech Assistant Coach (Secondary)
2015 – Louisiana Tech Assistant Coach (Safeties)
2014 – Southeastern Louisiana (Defensive Coordinator)
2012-13 – Southeastern Louisiana (Linebackers, Travel Coordinator)
2008-11 – Tusculum (Recruiting Coordinator, Defensive Backs, Linebackers)
2007 – Delta State (Graduate Assistant)

Obviously, certain DBs think that they will be taught by Nick Saban, not Karl Scott.

So do you disagree with my statement or no? Surtain felt he would get taught better at Bama so he went there. Simple and plain.

What about Dee Delaney? dude came to Miami hyped to develop under Rumph and now he possibly goes undrafted after being told he would have gone in the mid rounds last year.

Advertisement

Same with Kul. If he really was such a great coach, DL recruits would be begging to play for him. Time to rethink the entire defensive staff after all the embarrassing whiffs and the Wisconsin game.

1540F4B4-7362-4C23-BFCF-A1177F615BFF.png

Same with Kul. If he really was such a great coach, DL recruits would be begging to play for him. Time to rethink the entire defensive staff after all the embarrassing whiffs and the Wisconsin game.

View attachment 58206

I agree with you. The thing is that Campbell, Surtian, and Wilson actually saw his coaching first hand. The DL guys only hear about his recruiting. IF those 3 actually where coached by him and realized he's not that great then he needs to go.

Prediction: 3/4 of Coach Kool, Rumph, Banda and Diaz are gone within 2 years.

No... Follow up... Should Mark Richt be fired cause he is not going to fire Rumph? or should we all denounce being UM fans cause Richt was not fired for not firing Rumph... I would think not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yes

Advertisement
Curious to gauge where the fan base is at after today's inexcusable embarrassment at Heritage.

Do we want to have any chance of signing five-star CBs from our backyard like Tyrique Stevenson or Akeem Dent?

TS and AD will both sign in the SEC. No doubt. We signed our last 5 star from South Florida when Chad Thomas walked through the door. Thanks for the memories Chad, but no freaking body will ever hear a 5 star recruit from South Florida say, "I'm staying home to put on for my city" ever again. Thanks for the memories Chad.

We finished 3rd for Campbell and Surtain.

Get Rumph a raise, extension, and a new title.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back