Poll: Should Manny Be Given 2 More Years?

Poll: Should Manny be given 2 more years as head coach of the Miami Hurricanes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
It sounds like they’ll make a run at Mario. To get him we would get a new AD as there’s no way he works for Blake. We really need the AD change today. I wonder if Manny has another loss, if it’s the AD that goes 1st?
What’s the hold up on the AD change? Does Blake have comprising pictures of Strawley and Frenk?

What’s the hold up on the AD change? Does Blake have comprising pictures of Strawley and Frenk?
I have no idea. I literally haven’t been able to talk to anyone in my own circle who’s close to things so I can only rely on what others with a track record here say for the time being.

I’m actually more worried about the AD situation because that’s the first sign that we’re serious and we want a good one in place evaluating things and making the calls. The delay sets us back in the potential hiring of a new HC IMO

Since @NorthernVirginiaCane thinks that Manny should be given 2 more years as he’s a new Head Coach - and he has called me tiresome in this regard - as if he speaks with a majority voice - for taking the position that Blake should be gone and the new AD should deal with making a coaching change - and I believe Manny should be replaced in that process this year - I think it’s needed to show the tone of the board so we know who’s tiresome and who isn’t. If the board thinks my position is tiresome, I’ll stop. If the board thinks @NorthernVirginiaCane is a troll or a poRster, then let it be shown.

You’re vote is visible, cannot be changed and you have to vote to see the results.
U are my hero! I thought hard about starting the exact same poll for the exact same reason. But as a board peasant I knew I couldn't survive the inevitable back and forth with that dip**** without getting banned.

I just don't think he was a troll though. I think he actually believes the **** he was spewing. He was just an arrogant prick about it and acted like everybody else was too dumb to see the genius of his pov. Talking about being part of a silent majority who wants to keep manny but just doesn't admit it. Said posters with low posting history liking his posts were proof that he's right.
Even now that he's banned he still won't acknowledge the 170+ votes against him. He sees the 5% who agree as proof he's right. Its crazy... But Idk if its trolling.

You are so dumb. I've certainly never advocated to give him two more years. Please find a post where I said that and I'm happy to never post here again. All I've said is I'd like to wait until the end of the season to make a more informed decision about firing him this season or not. Nothing about next year or the year after. You're an embarrassment to Virginia.
I see you’re banned now but if you can’t make an informed decision after x, y or z thing he’s done at this point??? I’m not sure what watching the next 3 cupcake games against a historically bad FSU team, a crap vt team with a soon to be fired hc and duke that’s slightly better then UConn is going to do to inform your decision?

Advertisement
I’m not understanding. Assume that we have a BOT member willing to pay the buyout.
Joke. Was wishing the yes choice came with an even bigger buyout, we wouldn’t want bama to come along and snatch him up is Saban retires. Just seems like the Miami thing to do. ****, let’s up his salary too while were at it.

Advertisement
Shouldn’t get 2 more years. If he survives this year, a New AD should be in place to secured a bonafide new coach. I don’t even want a new AD having the excuse of “not enough time” to evaluate and find a new coach. Getting a new AD is step 1

Since @NorthernVirginiaCane thinks that Manny should be given 2 more years as he’s a new Head Coach - and he has called me tiresome in this regard - as if he speaks with a majority voice - for taking the position that Blake should be gone and the new AD should deal with making a coaching change - and I believe Manny should be replaced in that process this year - I think it’s needed to show the tone of the board so we know who’s tiresome and who isn’t. If the board thinks my position is tiresome, I’ll stop. If the board thinks @NorthernVirginiaCane is a troll or a poRster, then let it be shown.

You’re vote is visible, cannot be changed and you have to vote to see the results.
Ppl can’t be serious! J$@us Ch$&&t! He has to go this year! I’m scared to death

@RVACane your poll is broken. Where is option #3?

“Manny should’ve been fired 2 years ago.”
I know but I had to limit it to these two answers to prove the troll wrong and then dispose of him promptly for crimes against the sane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Totally restructuring the athletic department would be a monumental task I just don’t see happening. There is obviously a fractured BOT where only a select few are even aware there’s a football program. With the number of BOT members and each with their own special interest/s, it would seem virtually impossible to come to some kind of consensus or agreement.

There will be several variables between now and the end of the season. Most notably how many more wins/losses. I believe the best we can hope for is James is fired or reassigned first and Manny is fired thereafter or a new AD evaluates the situation and makes a decision on the HC position.
Good post. It’s a start, and better than nothing.

I wonder how that will work if he goes into the final year of his contract with no extension - like how often does that happen???

Another year of Manny will be like UiF giving Muschamp an extra year.

I'm all about waiting until the last minute if you aren't sure. Simply put, do x, y, and z to show me you deserve more time.

Yes, I realize it can hurt recruiting, but I also think if you handle it right, it won't. Say to a kid that yes, I'm still waiting on an extension, I've gotta get better and you're a key piece to that. Tell them your plan, be confident you can do it but also humble enough to admit you too as a coach can improve with this is how you're going to do it.

Kids aren't dumb. They play the game, see what's going on, and appreciate honesty. They like every coach out there can get and do better.

No extensions anytime soon, no way.

I don't think James can keep his job, Manny here or not. He bet on Manny failing apart and missed. He's dead man walking. He threw his own HC under the bus just to see the bus stop an inch before contact

@flagator86 posted the Mullen buyout in Gator Tears. Their 247 board is talking about Bill Heavener and others hopefully rescuing them and forcing it. They can easily do that and get Franklin.

Franklin would bring Seider back as well so they’d like that. I definitely don’t want Franklin there over Mullen but if Franklin hated the Penn State fans, he’s not going to like the gaytor fans much more.
Franklin would kill it on the trail, it would be a blood bath the next couple of seasons, they also would lost quite a few games and have a sh*t show on offense.

On your point about Manny entering the last year of his deal, if he was brought back next season we would need to give him a fake extension, announce a 2 year extension with no guarantee money; Miami is a private institution so there's no need to reveal the full details of his contract.
Anyway, our recruiting this year is fvcked no matter what, I can't see this staff pulling quality HS prospects at this point and most importantly our OL recruiting is abysmal and Simpson failed on the trail again.

Advertisement
Back