Poll: Should Manny Be Given 2 More Years?

Poll: Should Manny be given 2 more years as head coach of the Miami Hurricanes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
I don’t hate Manny like others. I think he tried but I also think he wasn’t ready for the job and while he tried to fix some things, he‘s responsible for everything on the defensive side of the ball, from LB recruiting to playing guys he should have benched to scheme to becoming the DC…

He isn’t showing any great coaching improvement. It’s a cluster every week. It’s time to move on if we’re going to improve and be respectable as a program.

I respect that.

As for me, I’ve never hated a coach as much as I do Manny. From his “offer me a contract or I’m gone to Temple” ultimatum to “I’m the smartest guy in the room” while throwing everyone under the bus and not to mention his all style no substance that has made us even more of a laughingstock including some of the worst losses in our history.

While some insiders have said he’s gone no matter what, I have a hard time believing it with our history of incompetence. The logical sense is that no one gets fired for winning out. I even think Blake survives with a win out. I do want a win at Doak but we need a loss or losses the rest of the way.

Week in and week out we are witnessing coaching malpractice. We’ll be looking at these young talent as Gurvan Halls next year if this continues.

Since @NorthernVirginiaCane thinks that Manny should be given 2 more years as he’s a new Head Coach - and he has called me tiresome in this regard - as if he speaks with a majority voice - for taking the position that Blake should be gone and the new AD should deal with making a coaching change - and I believe Manny should be replaced in that process this year - I think it’s needed to show the tone of the board so we know who’s tiresome and who isn’t. If the board thinks my position is tiresome, I’ll stop. If the board thinks @NorthernVirginiaCane is a troll or a poRster, then let it be shown.

You’re vote is visible, cannot be changed and you have to vote to see the results.
Flawed poll.

3. NorthernVirginiaCane is bat**** crazy

Has to be an option.

Advertisement
I respect that.

As for me, I’ve never hated a coach as much as I do Manny. From his “offer me a contract or I’m gone to Temple” ultimatum to “I’m the smartest guy in the room” while throwing everyone under the bus and not to mention his all style no substance that has made us even more of a laughingstock including some of the worst losses in our history.

While some insiders have said he’s gone no matter what, I have a hard time believing it with our history of incompetence. The logical sense is that no one gets fired for winning out. I even think Blake survives with a win out. I do want a win at Doak but we need a loss or losses the rest of the way.

Week in and week out we are witnessing coaching malpractice. We’ll be looking at these young talent as Gurvan Halls next year if this continues.
The logical sense is that no one gets fired for winning out.

We can win out given the level of comp the rest of the way.
Manny's day of reckoning will be in the bowl game IMO

Just to be clear, I voted no because the yes option didn’t say how much his buyout would be increased. If it’s doubled or better, switch me to yes.

Flawed poll.

3. NorthernVirginiaCane is bat**** crazy

Has to be an option.
It’s bad enough that he was trolling all over the place but if you look back at his comments for months - he calls people dumb who have different viewpoints- on multiple occasions for a long while now. It just goes beyond common troll decency.

He’s been on troll watch for a good minute now. This isn’t a new discovery. It’s just adding up and he’s gotten aggressive with it so….

Lights out

Just to be clear, I voted no because the yes option didn’t say how much his buyout would be increased. If it’s doubled or better, switch me to yes.
I’m not understanding. Assume that we have a BOT member willing to pay the buyout.

Advertisement
It’s bad enough that he was trolling all over the place but if you look back at his comments for months - he calls people dumb who have different viewpoints- on multiple occasions. It just goes beyond common troll decency. Lol

He’s been on troll watch for a good minute now. This isn’t a new discovery. It’s just adding up and he’s gotten aggressive with it so….

Lights out
I must have that dude on ignore because I haven’t noticed 😂

Every 3 -point win against Coarstal opponents.

ZomboMeme 07112021225228.jpg

I voted he’s gone but if it’s truly Mario or bust then we may be stuck with him.
It sounds like they’ll make a run at Mario. To get him we would get a new AD as there’s no way he works for Blake. We really need the AD change today. I wonder if Manny has another loss, if it’s the AD that goes 1st?

I would never vote to give someone two more years from where we currently are.

Keep this up, his seat is still hot, but he's got next year. I would also really push for real money for a big name DC with a proven and current track record.

I didn't vote in your poll for the above reasons.

Advertisement
The problem with Manny is that he runs the team the way life's treated him: handed everything based on name & status rather than merit. He has continuously refused to play more talented underclassmen in deference to seniority; until injuries finally forced him to and he literally lucked upon success.

I would never vote to give someone two more years from where we currently are.

Keep this up, his seat is still hot, but he's got next year. I would also really push for real money for a big name DC with a proven and current track record.

I didn't vote in your poll for the above reasons.
I wonder how that will work if he goes into the final year of his contract with no extension - like how often does that happen???

Another year of Manny will be like UiF giving Muschamp an extra year.

Advertisement
It sounds like they’ll make a run at Mario.
Per bull gator friend:

1a) James Franklin
1b) James Franklin
1c) James Franklin

JF- 4 mill buyout. Mullen is 6 mill upfront, then 1 mil a year for 6 after (12 total). Very doable.

JF flirted with FSU. Hard to believe but true. Word on skreet is that he loves our state. We’ll see.

I’m rooting hard for Mullen.

Per bull gator friend:

1a) James Franklin
1b) James Franklin
1c) James Franklin

JF- 4 mill buyout. Mullen is 6 mill upfront, then 1 mil a year for 6 after (12 total). Very doable.

JF flirted with FSU. Hard to believe but true. Word on skreet is that he loves our state. We’ll see.

I’m rooting hard for Mullen.
@flagator86 posted the Mullen buyout in Gator Tears. Their 247 board is talking about Bill Heavener and others hopefully rescuing them and forcing it. They can easily do that and get Franklin.

Franklin would bring Seider back as well so they’d like that. I definitely don’t want Franklin there over Mullen but if Franklin hated the Penn State fans, he’s not going to like the gaytor fans much more.

I’ll still want FSU to beat them.

Advertisement
Back