Votes: 22 20.4%
  • 12th Man

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Using "12th man" is a good way to get yourself sued for copyright infringement.

Using "12th man" is a good way to get yourself sued for copyright infringement.

Crazy that somebody would use that term openly...especially knowing that Whopper has handled A LOT of these cases in the past.

RIP, OP.

Advertisement
Awareness of his condition. Fanconi Anemia. **** sure ain't money. There is nothing to be gained money wise, at least not enough worth my time. We're thinking about t-shirts to raise money Fanconi research, for Make a Wish, and possibly BeAMatch.

We had no idea he would have this much effect on people. If it's moving people and bringing awareness, why not?

Any other questions?

Awareness of his condition. Fanconi Anemia. **** sure ain't money. There is nothing to be gained money wise, at least not enough worth my time. We're thinking about t-shirts to raise money Fanconi research, for Make a Wish, and possibly BeAMatch.

Any other questions?

I got a question....why so many threads when you already have one tacked to the top? We all sympathize for your son and your family, but you've taken over an entire football message board.

A LOT of people on this site have problems whether it be health related/financial/personal and dont make 20 threads to talk about it. Your son got to experience already what 1,000,000,000 other kids wish they could when he did the Make-A-Wish foundation thing.

Seems to me like you like the attention more than anybody...or maybe you like the inside information you think you're getting?

....stay tuned

Last edited:

Any other questions?

I got a question....why so many threads when you already have one tacked to the top? We all sympathize for your son and your family, but you've taken over an entire football message board.

A LOT of people on this site have problems whether it be health related/financial/personal and dont make 20 threads to talk about it. Your son got to experience already what 1,000,000,000 other kids wish they could when he did the Make-A-Wish foundation thing.

Seems to me like you like the attention more than anybody.

I think the Canes made a sick kid feel better.

I think Carter and his family have enjoyed the distraction provided by our Canes.

And I think the father of a sick child might perhaps enjoy the idea that his kid's pain might be able to inspire or help others. That the pain has some sort of purpose outside of derailing their lives.

You will have to forgive the man for embracing the sole positive in a supremely negative situation.

Y'all who want to give the man a hard time for a total of, what?, three threads can kindly take a long walk off a short cliff. Unnecessary. **** yourselves.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Any other questions?

Gross exaggeration. There are 80 total threads, and 2 Carter threads, on the first two pages of the forum, not including tacked threads. One of those Carter threads is a poll, and the other one asked a specific question. A far cry from "you've taken over an entire football message board".

We had no idea he would have this much effect on people. If it's moving people and bringing awareness, why not?

Any other questions?

Yeah. How does somebody, who you do not know, flying an obvious pro-Golden/anti-WEZ banner,and signing your sons name to it without your knowledge or consent, raise awareness for his disease?

I can understand being cool with it after the fact, thinking it was a cool thing to do with your sons name up in the sky, but what I can't understand is you being unwilling to say, as cool as it was after-the-fact, it was a freaking creepy thing to do. Whoever did it took ownership of your sons name for their own agenda, because they never consulted you, never asked for your consent and it's mind-boggling that you can't see that.

I wish you and your son nothing but the best.

Any other questions?

I think Carter and his family have enjoyed the distraction provided by our Canes.

And I think the father of a sick child might perhaps enjoy the idea that his kid's pain might be able to inspire or help others. That the pain has some sort of purpose outside of derailing their lives.

You will have to forgive the man for embracing the sole positive in a supremely negative situation.

Y'all who want to give the man a hard time for a total of, what?, three threads can kindly take a long walk off a short cliff. Unnecessary. **** yourselves.

slogans, banners, inside information, constant threads = attention whoring

Sorry if you dont look at it like that, but to be honest it comes off in a very poor manner. Sure I'm going to catch a lot of heat for expressing my opinion, but it is what it is. Many others feel like this too. Just doesnt look good IMO

Any other questions?

LOL. Nevermind the 8 trillion fire Golden threads, that you haven't complained about, or Flying Banners threads that you haven't complained about. This is the only place I post. I'm not all over the internet. I don't social network either.

There are folks interested in Carter and his story. I didn't sticky the "Our Son" thread either. That was the mods decision. Cassandra Mitchell (Mama Duke/ Duke's Mother) keeps in contact with us for Pete's sake.

This thread in particular, was put here for folks that follow UM, to weigh in on what was catchy and what wasn't. The "Carter Says" was put up here, because I thought someone from these boards flew a banner for him. I think EliteProxy said he'd put up half, so I assumed it came from here. Mama Duke told me she knows who flew the banner, and he asked to remain unknown, so I'm guessing it didn't come from here. But we wanted to say thanks to whomever flew it. The "Carter Renewed" was something the wife and I discussed about sharing based off of the folks concerned about him, and showing love and care for him. Most folks had NO clue what Carter was going to go through so we decided to share.

We haven't asked for anything from anybody either. If you wish to donate there is a vessel for that, but I posted it once. It only has reached just over $2000.

So I'll say sorry for inundating the boards with Carter. If it bugs you, seriously, I'm sorry. At the same time, you don't have to click on any of threads.

Advertisement
Lulz at some people in this 'fanbase'. Really pathetic. If it isn't something negative about the program, it doesn't belong here. There's been an avalanche of negativity for over a decade around UM football. Something good finally happens, and the ******* trolls can't handle it.

Any other questions?
i never said anything about money.

what do you believe awarness will lead to? do you think it could change something regarding the issue that the doctors aren't already aware of?

Any other questions?

Yeah. How does somebody, who you do not know, flying an obvious pro-Golden/anti-WEZ banner,and signing your sons name to it without your knowledge or consent, raise awareness for his disease?

I can understand being cool with it after the fact, thinking it was a cool thing to do with your sons name up in the sky, but what I can't understand is you being unwilling to say, as cool as it was after-the-fact, it was a freaking creepy thing to do. Whoever did it took ownership of your sons name for their own agenda, because they never consulted you, never asked for your consent and it's mind-boggling that you can't see that.

I wish you and your son nothing but the best.

What am I going to do about it after the fact? I'm on record for saying that I want Al Golden to get it right, I only want him fired if the team doesn't tighten by seasons end. So I'm not really Anti Golden. I am anti banner calling for the head of a coach. Any coach not just Al Golden and Coach D. So even though it was after the fact, and nobody asked, I agreed with the banner. Would I have liked consent? Sure. Was it an option at the time? Nope. Should I cry incessantly over something that made my son smile, and an agenda that I kind of agreed with? Nope, cause I won't.

And as far as awareness from the banner, if someone wasn't familiar with Carter at the time, they would probably ask, who is Carter? I would imagine they would eventually find out who he was, and why someone would possibly fly a banner for him.

Anything else Ozar? Seriously I don't mind the questions.

Advertisement

Any other questions?

slogans, banners, inside information, constant threads = attention whoring

Sorry if you dont look at it like that, but to be honest it comes off in a very poor manner. Sure I'm going to catch a lot of heat for expressing my opinion, but it is what it is. Many others feel like this too. Just doesnt look good IMO

There guys like PimpTight that spew the craziest/funniest stuff on these boards, even saying Fly the F'n Banner in almost every post he would post, about the same things all the time, but I don't see you blasting him or any other guys that troll these boards.

Again sorry it bothers you.

What else you got?

Any other questions?

what do you believe awarness will lead to? do you think it could change something regarding the issue that the doctors aren't already aware of?

You honestly see an issue with anyone, including my family, raising awareness for an illness? Seriously?

You never know who the story may touch, and who may take enough notice to do something that may help possible solutions to the illness.

Do you know anything about Fanconi Anemia? If you did, you'd know that it is a relatively new diagnosis out there, and that any resources that could go to it, could help my son and others with Fanconi Anemia live a longer, healthier life.

What else Duval?

This Board needs more DHucks and less Ozar/Big Brow's. Keep the information coming, I love seeing the effect the support from the team and fan base is having on your son.

What is the point of this (with "this" being a couple message board threads)? How about helping a child survive a deadly disease and a family cope through the experience.

Any other questions?

You honestly see an issue with anyone, including my family, raising awareness for an illness? Seriously?

You never know who the story may touch, and who may take enough notice to do something that may help possible solutions to the illness.

Do you know anything about Fanconi Anemia? If you did, you'd know that it is a relatively new diagnosis out there, and that any resources that could go to it, could help my son and others with Fanconi Anemia live a longer, healthier life.

What else Duval?

i never said i had an issue about raising awarness, bro. i only asked why you were going so hard about raising awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back