PODCAST: Weekend Quickie ft. DMoney

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
D can you comment on if the style of practices are different than the richt era. Are the ones going against each other? I know richt went 1s vs 2s a lot.

Advertisement
@DMoney does it look like we're playing slow and deliberate, or are we playing with some tempo? I remember reading that Enos didn't typically use tempo as an advantage, but that the Alabama offense might have opened his eyes. I haven't really heard any reports out of the practices or first scrimmage about this.

@DMoney does it look like we're playing slow and deliberate, or are we playing with some tempo? I remember reading that Enos didn't typically use tempo as an advantage, but that the Alabama offense might have opened his eyes. I haven't really heard any reports out of the practices or first scrimmage about this.
Not DMoney and I have no insight into our practices but I would generally doubt we'll see a Babers/Applewhite 80+ plays/game type of offense. Enos' offense can use tempo when they need to but the amount of Pre-snap movement and shifts and such tends to take away some of the quick tempo aspects of the offense, for better or worse.

Not DMoney and I have no insight into our practices but I would generally doubt we'll see a Babers/Applewhite 80+ plays/game type of offense. Enos' offense can use tempo when they need to but the amount of Pre-snap movement and shifts and such tends to take away some of the quick tempo aspects of the offense, for better or worse.

Yeah, that makes sense about the pre-snap movement/shifts. I was watching some Arkansas film, and when they didn't shift or motion it was still pretty slow. Maybe to control the clock, and keep opposing offense off the field? I'm so pumped about this season that I'm watching film from 2015...

Advertisement

What @ghost2 said. Too much motion to go too fast.

What @ghost2 said. Too much motion to go too fast.
Are you going to tonight's scrimmage and if so will you be sworn to secrecy again or can you give us a **** clue or two as to what went down? I know you like dem podcast clicks but a Scrimmage Summary thread here will go just as viral.

Advertisement
Passing out of heavy sets provides a competitive advantage for NFL offenses

During the 2018 regular season, there were 15,856 designed passing plays with three or more wide receivers on the field. Those plays averaged 6.05 yards — a figure that takes into account sacks and penalties unlike a number such as yards per pass attempt. There were 5,191 designed passing plays with two or fewer wide receivers on the field, and those plays averaged 6.95 yards. That’s nearly a full yard more per pass play with multiple tight ends and/or backs on the field.

Success rate — utilizing the expected points added on a given play — paints a similar picture. Pass plays out of formations with two or fewer wide receivers on the field yielded a success rate of 51.2% compared to 47.0% with three or more wide receivers on the field. Given all that, it should come as no surprise that the EPA per play is higher as well out of heavier formations.

Advertisement
Back