PODCAST: Watch the Cycle

View as article
Age matters when you're evaluating a player in a specific context. A 20 year old dominating HS ball is less impressive than a 16 year old doing the same.

But age isn't necessarily an indicator of upside. Carson Wentz was an old rookie and he improved dramatically in year 2 (growth during the season even) while plenty of young QB prospects never pan out. The best indicators of upside are physical tools, potential areas for improvement and intangibles.

From what I can tell Jobe has great physical tools, lots of room to improve with technique and positional awareness, and subpar intangibles. He has high upside but a lower floor and his age doesn't really factor into that projection much. If he was old, small, slow and polished then you could say he has low upside.

He’s not 20 years old for the last time ****.....
Mark Pope, Mike Harley is/were both 19 in highschool, Demetrius Jackson(think he was 20 in highschool) yet y’all don’t say sh*t about their age. That sh*t weak as **** period

Broke, he turns 20 in April. So before he steps foot on a college campus he will be 20, where most college kids start at 18.

So people saying he is 20 isn't some big leap. Stop white knighting for this dude.
So what, harley is 20 years old In his freshman season. Pope will be too just like jobe.I don’t care what age he is. They won’t be here more than 3-4 years anyway.

You are running another thread with your ****. You are the biggest betch in this site. Just disappear for a few hours.

Advertisement
Age matters when you're evaluating a player in a specific context. A 20 year old dominating HS ball is less impressive than a 16 year old doing the same.

But age isn't necessarily an indicator of upside. Carson Wentz was an old rookie and he improved dramatically in year 2 (growth during the season even) while plenty of young QB prospects never pan out. The best indicators of upside are physical tools, potential areas for improvement and intangibles.

From what I can tell Jobe has great physical tools, lots of room to improve with technique and positional awareness, and subpar intangibles. He has high upside but a lower floor and his age doesn't really factor into that projection much. If he was old, small, slow and polished then you could say he has low upside.

Mark Pope, Mike Harley is/were both 19 in highschool, Demetrius Jackson(think he was 20 in highschool) yet y’all don’t say sh*t about their age. That sh*t weak as **** period

Broke, he turns 20 in April. So before he steps foot on a college campus he will be 20, where most college kids start at 18.

So people saying he is 20 isn't some big leap. Stop white knighting for this dude.
So what, harley is 20 years old In his freshman season. Pope will be too just like jobe.I don’t care what age he is. They won’t be here more than 3-4 years anyway.

You are running another thread with your ****. You are the biggest betch in this site. Just disappear for a few hours.
Ruining another thread by saying posters shouldn’t be calling our recruits dumb who have a learning disability? There are some sick mfs on this board

Ruining another thread by saying posters shouldn’t be calling our recruits dumb who have a learning disability? There are some sick mfs on this board

Brock you get rejected by the rim almost every time but you stay in the paint. You’re relentless my man.

Friend just sent me a pic off Deejay’s Snapchat... them boys broke out that henny for the OV weekend

Dude you keep bringing up this disability thing like it was holding him back in high school, having a learning disability isn't neglected by the schools. They provide pull out programs, extra time on test, etc. Jobe was good at sports and he just was lazy in school. I know this because I taught kids like him. All he wants to do is ball and nobody told him that school mattered so he didn't try.

Advertisement

Brock you get rejected by the rim almost every time but you stay in the paint. You’re relentless my man.
Shooters gone shoot bruh lol

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] Is there any chance Miami moves on from purely from a character standpoint? We're not really at the point where we can afford to take too many "me first" guys and the rest of this class seems to be made up of high character kids.

Please advise.

Pete already discussed this.... doesn’t seem like they will

Just a thought....
Depending on the nature of his conditions...he may be very impressionable, indecisive,.. IF,.. He makes it into the locker room,... He may take on the personality of the team,.. It may be good for him.

Keep the heat on the heritage group!!

Advertisement
giphy.gif

The day goes to you my friend. Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Still makes me giggle. Eagerly watching the cycle.

Last edited:

Harley just turned 20 on the 13th of Dec. So in his freshman year he was 19-20. Jobe will be 20-21 his freshman year.

A full year behind people like Harley which are still old for their age. Again stop being a **** and white knighting for Jobe.

He will be 21 year old at the end of his True freshman year

Joey Boss was 20 when he entered the league.

Seriously. JuJu Smith Schuster is another one too. Kid just had his first legal beer like 3 weeks ago. Jobe could be 25 years old before he leaves college.

Dude you keep bringing up this disability thing like it was holding him back in high school, having a learning disability isn't neglected by the schools. They provide pull out programs, extra time on test, etc. Jobe was good at sports and he just was lazy in school. I know this because I taught kids like him. All he wants to do is ball and nobody told him that school mattered so he didn't try.

Is it on record that he failed in highschool.. or was he held back in middle or elementary school? there's a major difference in those two cases

Is it on record that he failed in highschool.. or was he held back in middle or elementary school? there's a major difference in those two cases

I think It was when he was a kid or he started school late because he was on Gilbert Frierson same little league team

Advertisement
Simple Jobe got everyone bamboozled. A 5’11 and 178 pound Safety without any great highlight package. Where’s all the football plays this small 23 year old cuck has made?

Gurv has an hour of oooo’s and ahhhhh’s on film. Where’s Simple Jobe’s?

Simple Jobe? Man,that is some funny ****. Tropic Thunder is the best!

I think It was when he was a kid or he started school late because he was on Gilbert Frierson same little league team

Well if that's the case.. people really need to stfu about his learning disability because he probably got held back first and then diagnosed with a learning disability afterwards.. my lilttle brother has a learning disability and was held back before we knew and is now 22 and still doesn't understand priorites of a young adult

Advertisement

Well if that's the case.. people really need to stfu about his learning disability because he probably got held back first and then diagnosed with a learning disability afterwards.. my lilttle brother has a learning disability and was held back before we knew and is now 22 and still doesn't understand priorites of a young adult

Im so glad we have moved on from this ******. Kid deserves all the hate that he gets. Nothing worse than a retarded *******. Compare a kid like Walton reclassifying and coming in at 17 with no games and an absolute **** staff to simple Jobe at 20 with all his ridiculous **** show bull**** to a staff that has the program rocking and rolling. He doesn’t deserve any respect or to be handled with kid gloves. Even up to two days ago he had our coaches thinking we were still in the game and would be taking his official. I really hope our staff didn’t really believe that.

Advertisement
Back