PODCAST: Steve Kim (K9cane)

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
CISlogo.png

Steve Kim, aka k9cane, joins the podcast for an hour-long discussion about some of the major topics surrounding Canes football.

You can follow Steve's work as a boxing reporter on UCNLive.com.

[SOUNDCLOUD]331105978[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pete, who would you say is in better position for freshman success as fas as offensive efficiency. Brad kaaya in 2014 or Perry?

Pete, who would you say is in better position for freshman success as fas as offensive efficiency. Brad kaaya in 2014 or Perry?

Hard to say without having seen Perry with pads on.

This offense is loaded with talent, but so was the group Kaaya had around him

Defense will have to cover the mistakes perry makes from time to time as qb...no other way around it.

Advertisement

2014 also had pretty good offensive line play

That 2014 OL was really talented. Especially on the left side.

LT-Flowers, JR.
LG-Feliciano, SR.
C-McDermott, SR.
RG-Isidora-Soph.
RT-Darling, FR.

How does our line match up this season? That'll be a huge factor in Perry's play. Can we protect him and create holes in the running game to keep him favorable down and distances?

Advertisement
**** its great to hear from some of the competent former canestime quality posters like K9. Thanks for the input guys. Yes i am late to the CIS party.

Oh man really enjoyed that. Straight football talk. Some interesting points in there.

First, K9 mentioned us no longer conceding, or playing it safe with our return game. Now that Lewis and Gus have both moved on I'm interested to see who we use at KOR. We have athletes now: Thomas, Harley, Mullins, Homer, Dean, Dallas. No reason for us to not have someone dynamic returning kicks and punts for us. No more Berrios.

Also, Pete mentioned the possibility of both Donaldson and Gaynor getting PT. I think that'd be disastrous to have two true freshmen starting on the interior. You need to be strongest up the middle. Hopefully Guathier can hold it down at center otherwise we're in trouble. I like what we have right now at OL, but I definitely don't love it. I posted the 2014 OL a couple posts up that Kaaya had his freshman season. This year's version definitely isn't as talented, but hopefully they can be more consistent. Aside, from Donaldson, this is a veteran OL with a lot of snaps played.

LT-McDermott, SR
LG-Darling, SR
C-Gauthier, JR
RG-Donaldson,FR
RT-St. Louis, JR

Finally, towards the end K9 mentioned fans accepting a 9-3 season. The ****? **** no. With this defense that would be a huge disappointment. Regardless of who starts at QB. That'd be the 2005 season all over again. Elite defense wasted by an anemic offense. Need to move the ball and put points on the board.

Oh man really enjoyed that. Straight football talk. Some interesting points in there.

First, K9 mentioned us no longer conceding, or playing it safe with our return game. Now that Lewis and Gus have both moved on I'm interested to see who we use at KOR. We have athletes now: Thomas, Harley, Mullins, Homer, Dean, Dallas. No reason for us to not have someone dynamic returning kicks and punts for us. No more Berrios.

Also, Pete mentioned the possibility of both Donaldson and Gaynor getting PT. I think that'd be disastrous to have two true freshmen starting on the interior. You need to be strongest up the middle. Hopefully Guathier can hold it down at center otherwise we're in trouble. I like what we have right now at OL, but I definitely don't love it. I posted the 2014 OL a couple posts up that Kaaya had his freshman season. This year's version definitely isn't as talented, but hopefully they can be more consistent. Aside, from Donaldson, this is a veteran OL with a lot of snaps played.

LT-McDermott, SR
LG-Darling, SR
C-Gauthier, JR
RG-Donaldson,FR
RT-St. Louis, JR

Finally, towards the end K9 mentioned fans accepting a 9-3 season. The ****? **** no. With this defense that would be a huge disappointment. Regardless of who starts at QB. That'd be the 2005 season all over again. Elite defense wasted by an anemic offense. Need to move the ball and put points on the board.

Ridler, just want to make it clear, anything less than 10 wins and winning the Coastal is totally 'no bueno' to me. As I stated, its time to re-raise expectations of Miami and Richt. The future...is now

Advertisement

Is it fair to say the skill positions depth is better but the Oline may not be as developed yet?

Advertisement
Back