PODCAST: State of the Program ft. D$ and Tolbert Bain II

it doesnt take 3 years to see whether or not a guy has the skills to build a program and produce championships. mandy does not have the skills.

the reason people cannot see that is because they don't want to see it and they are too busy making excuses.

Miami fans have been seeing the same bull**** year after year and make the same excuses for ****-poor coaching and playing.

how blind and stupid do some people have to be ?

I don't know. This time around feels very different than with Richt or Golden. I think at this point most everybody wants Manny gone.

Advertisement
Pray Oregon doesn’t make playoffs.

If he isn't available, then it will be time to climb aboard the Lane Train.

Even Finebum (not a relative) thinks Kiffin is a much better coach than he used to be.

“He has matured and he has grown up. He’s not the same coach (as he was in first stint with USC),” Finebaum said. “From a selfish standpoint, I hope he does get the job so Lane will quit blaming me on television every time he’s on our show for me getting him fired in 2013, for a comment I made on College GameDay.

“Lane hasn’t really been asked about it yet. He was on our Saturday morning show yesterday and I was tempted to ask him and I just thought, ‘No, it’s not quite that time.’ It’s hard for me to believe he would be a serious candidate, based on what’s happened, but he should be a serious candidate. As good as James Franklin is — and I think James Franklin would be an excellent person to look at — I think Kiffin, in some ways, would be better.”

Here's Oregon's remaining schedule- can anyone see a loss there? I sure dont.

ARIZ
@ STNFRD
BYE WEEK
CAL
@ UCLA
COLO
@ WASH
WASHST
@ UTAH
OREGST

Pac 12 title game.

Advertisement
During fall camp I said if Manny cant win ten with this roster he’ll never do it. It’s time to move on.
Haven't listened to the pod yet but I remember you and @DMoney saying Manny was going all in on this season. Putting all of his chips in the middle of the table and betting on us having a successful season. Time to move on indeed.

We need Alonzo and Mario here ASAP. Tolbert was spot on about the coaching and conditioning.
I dont know what the **** happened this offseason or what the **** we were doing but last years defense was EXTREMELY well conditioned. 3rd and 4th quarter on our D was lights out, we would not tire out. I dont know what the **** that was I saw on Saturday. It wasnt even that Hot!! Was it hot? Yes. But not scorching! Unbelievable. And I sat here and said the heat and humidity would be an advantage for us and MSU would wave the white flag by the 4th quarter and the white flag ended up being on our d*mn side. Smh.

If he isn't available, then it will be time to climb aboard the Lane Train.

Even Finebum (not a relative) thinks Kiffin is a much better coach than he used to be.

“He has matured and he has grown up. He’s not the same coach (as he was in first stint with USC),” Finebaum said. “From a selfish standpoint, I hope he does get the job so Lane will quit blaming me on television every time he’s on our show for me getting him fired in 2013, for a comment I made on College GameDay.

“Lane hasn’t really been asked about it yet. He was on our Saturday morning show yesterday and I was tempted to ask him and I just thought, ‘No, it’s not quite that time.’ It’s hard for me to believe he would be a serious candidate, based on what’s happened, but he should be a serious candidate. As good as James Franklin is — and I think James Franklin would be an excellent person to look at — I think Kiffin, in some ways, would be better.”
Lane isn’t coming here because the University wouldn’t entertain that thought.

Lane isn’t coming here because the University wouldn’t entertain that thought.

Would Blake James hire him? No. But if Miami has an AD like Highsmith and he actually goes through a list of candidates who would be a good fit for the program, it may be possible.

What exactly did Kiffin do that was so awful that he should be off limits? Did he date a co-ed and crash a scooter? Punch a player? Lock one in the closet? He never committed a major recruiting violation. The worst thing he did in terms of breaking NCAA rules got him publicly reprimanded for saying out loud something that everyone already knew - Urban Meyer is a cheater (as you know, he said that he had a recruit on campus, and Urban Meyer kept calling the recruit in violation of the rules which I absolutely believe). He apologized afterward and acknowledged he made a mistake. So he left Tennessee after one year. That's his huge sin? All the talk about his "bad behavior" involves fairly mundane stuff and happened more than 7 years ago. The absolute worse thing that he supposedly did is that there was an allegation he said something mean to Alshon Jeffrey, which Kiffin vehemently denies. After he went to work for Saban in 2013, he's been a model citizen. Someone will have to explain to me what Kiffin did that was so awful that hiring him would taint UM.

Advertisement
Would Blake James hire him? No. But if Miami has an AD like Highsmith and he actually goes through a list of candidates who would be a good fit for the program, it may be possible.

What exactly did Kiffin do that was so awful that he should be off limits? Did he date a co-ed and crash a scooter? Punch a player? Lock one in the closet? He never committed a major recruiting violation. The worst thing he did in terms of breaking NCAA rules got him publicly reprimanded for saying out loud something that everyone already knew - Urban Meyer is a cheater (as you know, he said that he had a recruit on campus, and Urban Meyer kept calling the recruit in violation of the rules which I absolutely believe). He apologized afterward and acknowledged he made a mistake. So he left Tennessee after one year. That's his huge sin? All the talk about his "bad behavior" involves fairly mundane stuff and happened more than 7 years ago. The absolute worse thing that he supposedly did is that there was an allegation he said something mean to Alshon Jeffrey, which Kiffin vehemently denies. After he went to work for Saban in 2013, he's been a model citizen. Someone will have to explain to me what Kiffin did that was so awful that hiring him would taint UM.
I think Highsmith wouldn’t consider him a serious candidate but that’s pure speculation. Lane would fail here. Possibly lead us into sanctions.

Here's Oregon's remaining schedule- can anyone see a loss there? I sure dont.

ARIZ
@ STNFRD
BYE WEEK
CAL
@ UCLA
COLO
@ WASH
WASHST
@ UTAH
OREGST

Pac 12 title game.
Lost to Cal and Oregon State last season. Who knows

it doesnt take 3 years to see whether or not a guy has the skills to build a program and produce championships. mandy does not have the skills.

the reason people cannot see that is because they don't want to see it and they are too busy making excuses.

Miami fans have been seeing the same bull**** year after year and make the same excuses for ****-poor coaching and playing.

how blind and stupid do some people have to be ?
I could be wrong but besides perhaps our AD and some clueless BOTs, I don’t think many people think Manny has what it takes to fix anything. 99% fans and even the media see Manny for what he is, a very poor head coach and dead man walking.

Advertisement
I’ve come to the conclusion that this season is fcked and we will be fcked for years to come. Unlike cmr who chose to save face and do the honorable thing, Manny is going to be the scorpion that stings the frog and drowns with it. He says he loves this program but the reality is he loves himself and found a sucker of an AD that was lazy an a BOT that knows less about football than my daughters pet fish.
It’s a wrap gentleman. Prepare thy **** for another rebuild. But the rebuild will be with 3 stars and left overs.
The school and the BOT have shown us their true colors for decades. All this talk about “the real people are finally ****ed” is more salad dressing and tenderizer to keep people at ease. Any program worth its weight would at the very least have placed someone as interim head coach and fired the AD to see who comes calling and who picks up the phone.
pac great points..............the question is what will our Canes have to offer ANY new Coach that comes in?.
We hear the buzzwords......talent, SoFla, new IPF, campus, etc., but really what are the positives that would sell our team at this time?

pac great points..............the question is what will our Canes have to offer ANY new Coach that comes in?.
We hear the buzzwords......talent, SoFla, new IPF, campus, etc., but really what are the positives that would sell our team at this time?
If they hurry up and axe the ad and coach it shows a commitment. It’s one thing to fire one. But both at the same time is something I’ve never seen. Maybe someone can give me an example. Also, it’s not like our team sucks or is devoid of talent and doesn’t have a strong class with good recruits commuted and likely wanting to commit.
Many former players in recent interviews have said that they’ve gone to practice and watched the games. The talent is definitely there. The experience is there. This wouldn’t be a 3 year rebuild to salvage an al Golden team.
You make a move like that and get rid of Blake and manny and put a top notch ad or if you promise a football only ad that he can make decisions without the Alpo model and simp watching and dictating what you do, what your spend, and who you hire, then things change in a hurry imo.

Advertisement
FIRE MANNY NOW.

Do not wait. USC got it right. Frenk needs to send a clear signal that Miami will not settle and is looking to hire a national championship coaching staff. Get his search experts talking to and vetting potential head coaches now. There are no rules against that. That way, when the season ends, we'll have our #1 through #5 targets all lined up and able to close the deal before any other programs looking for HCs make it an auction.

Tolbert always is a straight shooter, and we all know he spot on. Coaching hasn't been good the last 20 years. We've seen only parts that were good. Jedd Fisch had a great offense, but no D on that team. Manny had a good D and Richt's offense couldn't keep up. After going 4-4 in hires, we're 0-5 since. It shouldn't be this hard to win here

Advertisement
Back