PODCAST: Spring Buzz ft. D$

Harley has caught the most balls. Payton looks OK but hasn’t separated himself.

Still very, very early.

Payton looked explosive as **** in tape against good comp. I’ll hear “possession guy with good route running” one week, and “moves different” another week based on who you’re hearing from. Exciting to see him at this level

Advertisement
I was focused on the newcomers. My expectation for the corners is 2016-2018 level play, hopefully a little better.

Don’t see the speed of LSU, Ohio State and the elites but we have enough length and ability to be good.
Just please limit DJ Ivey’s snap count and I’ll be good. Couch or Williams please. ****, even Dunson... but just not Ivey.

I think they wanted to give him an opportunity in the new offense.

My guess is there is a shift in reps whenever they resume football activities. He’s not going to make it at QB.
You do this to me every year man. I’m usually balanced in how I’m looking at things. Then you come along with a D$ “rah! rah! rah!” podcast and you get me hyped up. Then I start buying in and then we fail. I’ve got to wait it out this time. I love you man and I want to believe but I’m not going to do it to myself again.

Advertisement

My guess is there is a shift in reps whenever they resume football activities. He’s not going to make it at QB.
I think dude can be an effective slot, he has athleticism and im intersted in seeing his YAC ability.

If Lashlees offense works like it should, there will opportunities for him to play. It rarely gets talked about but this offense really test your depth on both side of the ball. If successful your running 90 plays on O, which test your depth on offense. If your unsuccessful it will really test your depth on defense bc a 3 and out may occur in 25-30 seconds of gameplay.

I think dude can be an effective slot, he has athleticism and im intersted in seeing his YAC ability.

If Lashlees offense works like it should, there will opportunities for him to play. It rarely gets talked about but this offense really test your depth on both side of the ball. If successful your running 90 plays on O, which test your depth on offense. If your unsuccessful it will really test your depth on defense bc a 3 and out may occur in 25-30 seconds of gameplay.

The dynamic he can add is that he weighs 200 pounds. There isn’t much size in the room right now.

The dynamic he can add is that he weighs 200 pounds. There isn’t much size in the room right now.
Yea and after 70 plays in the south florida humidity that 200 feels like 240. Alot of "Business Decisions" will be made.

Been saying this for months. Tate has no future as a QB, BUT, he has the potential to be a playmaker at the slot position.

Advertisement
You do this to me every year man. I’m usually balanced in how I’m looking at things. Then you come along with a D$ “rah! rah! rah!” podcast and you get me hyped up. Then I start buying in and then we fail. I’ve got to wait it out this time. I love you man and I want to believe but I’m not going to do it to myself again.
I completely agree with you man. I want to see how they respond to Temple. Temple will be jacked up to play this game. They definitely feel like they can beat us. If we come into that game with the mindset they had against FIU, Central Michigan and La Tech, we will loose that game.

I completely agree with you man. I want to see how they respond to Temple. Temple will be jacked up to play this game. They definitely feel like they can beat us. If we come into that game with the mindset they had against FIU, Central Michigan and La Tech, we will loose that game.
I think Temple is huge bc we paid them $4m for Manny and we have more talent - we even got Roche now. If we lose that game, I can’t see Manny surviving.

The team NEEDS Tyler Van Dyke to be QB#2. It's really important for recruiting. Manny needs to show them that having a good season - assuming we have a strong season- is not a "one and done" because we have D'Eriq King as QB. I just don't think putting Perry out there again will do it. That's old news. Nothing against Perry. It's just old news.

I get the feeling our QB is going to have to throw deep in this Offense. No bueno for Martell.

Advertisement
Real good podcast D and good timing with all the crap going on. Does it look like Pope and Wiggins developing...I know they haven’t had much time with the new staff.

You mentioned the Frosh WR’s not being a factor this year. Kinda have to disagree with the new offense and the amount of plays. I think all of them will see significant snaps throughout the year. Especially with not much proven in the WR room

Advertisement
Has Harvey just been totally passed up and over by both transfers? Not mad at all because both guys are stupid talented have tons of potential but as a vero man myself I do love Harvey and he also had quite a bit of buzz last season. Hopefully all guys can wreck havoc together.
Could be passed but Greg will go this year as will Roche. So he, Phillips, williams and chantz are the future

Our #1 off-season priority needs to be to find another serviceable OT transfer.

That 2019 class of OL is stunningly bad. Never had an issue with taking Clark. We all knew he had a high floor but low ceiling. A rich man's Nick Linder. No shame in that. But the other guys -- ElGammal, Nelson, Traore and Kennedy. Geez. You take one of Nelson or ElGammal as an athletic project if you want. But as a collection that's FIU level recruiting.

I do think Chris Washington is the right kind of project you take. Liked him the moment I saw his film and athletic stats. And Rivers is a total stud. But how on earth do you sign only two for a position group that grades out among the lowest 5 teams in the FBS? Barry has to be the worst OL coach we've had (and we've had some bad ones).

Advertisement
Back