Podcast Q and A

Most anything you talk about is appreciated and insightful for us non-insiders. However, it would be appreciated if you could touch on anything related to the following topics:
- state of recruiting- keeping in tact this recruiting class, any concerns about potential Decommitments, and hopefully guys that we’re hoping and have a high probability of landing.
- coaches- your thoughts on who will be let go versus who will stay, and your thoughts on whether or not Mario feels there was some Misses on his hires
- your general thoughts on why this season was such a disaster. I know we have some gaps in talent but the cupboard wasn’t totally bare and we had a halfway decent offense last year. For the offense to be this horrific is mind boggling. With all of the defensive coaches on paper, I would’ve thought we would’ve had a pretty good defense.
- any word on Conference expansion that would include Miami moving to the SEC or Big Ten. I know Boarcane had mentioned this before the season started but things have gotten quiet now that the season started.
Thank you

Advertisement
What’s the deal with all the injuries? Is it a result of the physical nature of the type of program wants to run or just bad luck?

Not to be repetitive, but the biggest issue facing the program is the lack of elite offensive leadership at the top, so is there genuinely smoke that Gattis and UM will part ways? Elite coordinators are as vital as elite talent. A second question is regarding Feld. I have read some comments from Oregon guys stating that they felt he OVER TRAINED guys and that the over training lead to injuries. Guys who left and got into a different S&C program, where they trained hard but also rested to develop and heal, fared better from an injury standpoint. The killer this season was horrible offensive scheme, play calling, OC disconnect with the roster, and injuries.

If Brown is starting QB rest of year, what can they do on offense to put him in best situations to succeed?

Right now teams are just going to load box for the run game. Need safe throws. He turned ball over twice in 2 quarters vs. FSU.

Roll outs, RB dump-offs in the flats, Brantley doing kick-out blocks with a fake every 5-7 times those would be a few of the easy answers.
Clearly #1 would be getting Chaney on the field followed up by getting Nelson on the field allowing Scaife to move to G.

Advertisement
What’s the deal with all the injuries? Is it a result of the physical nature of the type of program wants to run or just bad luck?
Compounding

Lots of undersized kids: Chase Smith, George, some OL are smaller including Rivers
Some bad luck: X broke his foot again, Citizen's ACL, Chaney's hip after ACL
Self-inflected: TVD isn't injured if we can pick up the blitz which may happen with a healthy Nelson, Clarke, Citizen/Chaney

Advertisement
Why does Garcia throw it to the other team?
VS FSU- CB did a good job faking man then dropped into zone. I didn't like the call as it asked a ton of Garcia and the WRs. Add to it we had Redding and Ladson running those routes which isn't a good combination IMO.

Why does Garcia throw it to the other team?
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Advertisement
Roll outs, RB dump-offs in the flats, Brantley doing kick-out blocks with a fake every 5-7 times those would be a few of the easy answers.
Clearly #1 would be getting Chaney on the field followed up by getting Nelson on the field allowing Scaife to move to G.
If you watch Coastal Carolina offense, Jacurri could thrive in it. The run sets the pass up, and the pass are easy throws and easy read based off the action in backfield.

Also, what players on this team can actually be key cornerstone pieces moving forward? Or are all of Manny's guys completely useless?

Advertisement
If you watch Coastal Carolina offense, Jacurri could thrive in it. The run sets the pass up, and the pass are easy throws and easy read based off the action in backfield.

I'd rather watch the Dolphins offense as they use speed motion even in tight formations to cause issues. Sure we don't have a Hill on the team but B Smith and X in motion giving them a head start of speed will force the D to sit back in zone a ton. We can also have Brantley in motion almost every play to either kickout the DE or fake the kickout and go to the flats for 10 yards. We don't use motion to help our WRs and we don't use the TE motion for pass plays very often. The progression of calls is lacking at best.

I'd rather watch the Dolphins offense as they use speed motion even in tight formations to cause issues. Sure we don't have a Hill on the team but B Smith and X in motion giving them a head start of speed will force the D to sit back in zone a ton. We can also have Brantley in motion almost every play to either kickout the DE or fake the kickout and go to the flats for 10 yards. We don't use motion to help our WRs and we don't use the TE motion for pass plays very often. The progression of calls is lacking at best.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at slow afff players running plays that finz run with Tyreek.. The finz coach specifically said he can do things that he does ONLY because of the unique speeeed that these guys possess that MOST do not have..

Cracking Up Lol GIF
:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

What number do you have. I have us needing 2 transfer linemen to go with the freshmen we have now.? Two Wr transfer and we need two more stud WR.

On defense a portal DE DT and LB again.

Do get Ruiz to through some money at Mesidor to stay. If we he leaves we are screwed. He may be our most important recruit.

Advertisement
Back