Podcast Q and A

Advertisement
Also, what players on this team can actually be key cornerstone pieces moving forward? Or are all of Manny's guys completely useless?

D:
TS2- prefer at FS
JW0- prefer at Star
Kam- prefer at SS
CB1&2 needed: Graves, Rodgers
Wes- we need made help at LB!
Mesidor, Kelly, LT56, Jackson, Moss (if he adds 30-40)... we need to load up on more talent

O:
all three QBs are good enough. Jake and Jaccuri need a lot more development
Clarke, Nelson, Campbell, Rivers, Cooper, McCoy- not saving all are 100% starters but we are missing out on 1-2 elite guys to lift the level of play
Chaney, Citizen, Parrish (not every down)
Arroyo, Skinner, Brantley
X, George, Young

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO at slow afff players running plays that finz run with Tyreek.. The finz coach specifically said he can do things that he does ONLY because of the unique speeeed that these guys possess that MOST do not have..

Cracking Up Lol GIF
:ibis-roflmao-sm3:
And you think GT, Duke, MTSU have elite speed at CB/S while B Smith, George, X all run plenty fast to execute similar concepts. George is a 10.7 kid, B Smith is a 10.7 kid and X runs great routes. There aren't a ton of college kids running 10.2s like Hill. Further more, the Fins also motion their "slow" TE as well.

-How did Manny have this team performing better with a far cheaper staff and far fewer analysts?

-Do you think that Mario wants this to work so bad that he's actually trying TOO hard? For example: he tried to hire an all star staff to blow this thing out of the water, but it did not work out due to the coaching staff having little to no compatibility, and the hires being out of order ,etc.. I mean people rumor that it was his dying mother's wish that he restore the U to greatness. Maybe the burden and desire is actually so great that it clouds his thought process?

Advertisement
Most teams end up taking on the personality of their head coach with the passion they play with, effort, attitude, etc. Mario has more passion and fire for this program than anyone in the last 20 years. Why hasn't this team taken on Mario's personality?

We've heard about the blue chip ratio when it comes to this team. A few posters have done a deep dive into some of the past classes and how our recruited players have faired compared to the acquisitions from the portal the past couple of years. Do you believe that while our blue chip ratio told a certain story on paper, in fact our prospect identification and development has actually caused our blue chip ratio to be a mirage? Seems like these recruiting services are throwing out 4 stars like candy these days too and its not a clear indicator on true talent level. This isn't to excuse the coaching issue going on, but I think it actually tells us how we aren't as deep or talented as we are led to believe, which isn't going to be overcome by average coaching either.

Advertisement
These coaches seem to really dislike a large group of players. They're about as brazen as you could possible be while remaining professional.

Do you have any inside information as to whether these kids are truly problems or if the coaches are causing the issues?

Is Charlie Strong sticking around? Will he be promoted if Steele is given the boot?

I’m curious what Alonzo Highsmith’s opinion of this roster is and the course the program has taken with a tear down/rebuild.

Advertisement
A lot of people outside the program say that NIL could cause frustration within a lockeroom, is there any evidence of NIL has caused lockeroom turmoil here?

Advertisement
Are there any surprise transfers outa here? Or is it mostly the upper class men
Would there really be any surprises at this point? Any kid who can’t handle it and wants to leave can walk out the door. The things I’ve seen from many of the players this season has been downright embarrassing. Giving up against Duke. Continuous selfish defensive plays leading to big plays from the offense. I’m done with many of them at this point.

Should it be seen as Mario beginning the distancing with Gattis when he ultimately fires him with the Bruce Feldman story coming out?

Seems way to timely that now dirt is starting to come out
Talk to me about this Feldman story…..

Would there really be any surprises at this point? Any kid who can’t handle it and wants to leave can walk out the door. The things I’ve seen from many of the players this season has been downright embarrassing. Giving up against Duke. Continuous selfish defensive plays leading to big plays from the offense. I’m done with many of them at this point.
Idk like any of the freshmen CBs or 24 0 or LT that’s kinda what I mean

Advertisement
Back