PODCAST: Manny Diaz is Miami's new Head Coach - Instant Reaction ft. D$

View as article
With all due respect, by the time you turned negative on Richt, it was clear as day to anyone with working eyeballs that he was a washed up bum.

Manny might turn out to be Saban, but that doesn't change the fact that he has no track record as a skilled recruiter or talent developer, got chased out of Texas as DC with pitchforks because he was horrible, would not be hired at ANY other P5 as head coach, and was hired here without any search to see if a better candidate was available. Not to mention that he was overrated as a DC for the past 3 years due to our horrid schedule. His primary career accomplishment is the turnover chain gimmick, which was fun for 10 minutes and now is a joke.

It's Just a matter of time before they start banning posters who speak ill of this hire. Nobody should be excited about this move.

It is void of any logic when you are attempting to bring your program back to the elite level. Fck the wait and see BS that will be spewed across the board. It is more than likely headed for failure.

If these guys want to be taken seriously as sports journalist then they should be poking holes all over this lazy hire. Miami is a joke when it comes to hiring football coaches.

Advertisement
I don’t always agree with @DMoney, and I’m not thrilled with the Manny hire, but I find your “call it like it is” command hilarious.

What you mean is “call it by having the same exact opinion I do”

Don’t be an assclown. He’s calling it like HE sees it...and I’m glad he is.

I not a hysterical menstruating female like most of the posters here, so I hope @DMoney is right and I’m wrong about Manny.

Nothing to do but go to the games and hope Manny works out.
OCCC, aren't you tired of just going along for a ride this admin puts us on? I'm not trying to beef with you, I just don't like the "hope for the best" attitude when they didn't do their due diligence. Let the ppl rant. I wouldn't be so bothered by the hire if they went through 4-5 interviews before making a decision.
As it is, Manny's the guy but canes fans will not be patient to see results. He was part of the last staff so waiting for him to get 2-3 crootin cycles in won't cut it. He will most likely get a 1yr pass before the pressure comes on. Anything beats another year with Richt. Let's ride i guess.

His accomplishment was turning around our defense, immediately.

Over the Shannon/Golden era, we finished an average of 47th in defensive efficiency. Under Diaz, we finished an average of 9th. That's changing a culture that had been rotten for a decade.

Obviously, the challenge now is to do that for our whole program. I think his mentality and approach are what we've been looking for. Let's see if he can get it done.
How dare you mention defensive rankings when our schedules have been butter soft and horribly weak. Diaz's defense was pathetic against the better competition. I can't believe ppl bring up rankings when we faced 1-2 decent teams a year and showing isn't good in those games or even against some of the inferior teams.

Advertisement
Back