PODCAST: Latest recruiting news, NFL scout buzz on Canes, and interview with commit S Isaiah Thoamas

View as article
Advertisement
It really shouldn't be. Maybe in comparison to Top 10 teams. If we're comparing to other middling-ish programs, our depth should be overall better - with some real question marks at a couple position groups. And, the resources invested in the coaching staff should make up for any difference. Theoretically.

Agree with this. Only deal breaker is a TVD injury. Safety depth stinks, too, though we have some hybrids that could theoretically cover.

I now have some concerns about the toughness and decision-making skills of this Isaiah Thomas kid. I'm not sure we should honor his commitment.

The kid says he plays Drake music to get hyped before a game.

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

I've long since accepted that there are things in this world that I simply do not get. I often use Bruce Springsteen as an example. Dude has millions of fans and a massive catalog of popular songs, yet I think his music sucks ***. His band is made up of a bunch of very mediocre musicians. Again, I dont say Springsteen Sucks, I say that I dont get it.

Today I see another one. Zion Nelson. I do not get it. Ive watched every game this kid has played in and Ive never been blown away or overly impressed in any way. People talking about him as a high round draft pick simply seem off-base to me. Again, I dont say ZN sucks, I simply say, I do not get it. I have no idea what drives the Zion Nelson hype.
Couldn’t agree more about Springsteen or Zion.

Advertisement
It really shouldn't be. Maybe in comparison to Top 10 teams. If we're comparing to other middling-ish programs, our depth should be overall better - with some real question marks at a couple position groups. And, the resources invested in the coaching staff should make up for any difference. Theoretically.

Agree. I'd say even relative to top 5 teams, we're not there. But I think one can argue that we can be competitive with depth versus many teams in the 6-15 range. But, some of that depth needs reps and are unproven. Loads of potential, especially at the OL. (Quality) Depth is slowly coming into place.

Couldn’t agree more about Springsteen or Zion.
I also laugh about Bruce because he is viewed as an All-American singer like John Mellencamp. But if you really listen to the lyrics (or read them), you will see that they are dark. Glory Days is about people who are still living in the past. Even Born in the USA is about the despair of a guy being forced to go to Vietnam and kill people.

I’m not a Bruce fan but I’m confident many of his “fans” just like the hooks and have never taken the time to understand his songs.

I also laugh about Bruce because he is viewed as an All-American singer like John Mellencamp. But if you really listen to the lyrics (or read them), you will see that they are dark. Glory Days is about people who are still living in the past. Even Born in the USA is about the despair of a guy being forced to go to Vietnam and kill people.

I’m not a Bruce fan but I’m confident many of his “fans” just like the hooks and have never taken the time to understand his songs.
Not to mention that his only number one song was performed by someone else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back