PODCAST: Latest recruiting news, NFL scout buzz on Canes, and interview with commit S Isaiah Thoamas

View as article
Advertisement
Really enjoyed the draft potential discussion.

Pete, congrats on Howard’s deal!

I think Kam will run well come combine time and I know covering the slot hasnt been something he has done as much but from what I heard coming out of spring the new defense was much more aggressive and he would have to cover more one on one and less playing centerfield. Might lower chances to play for picks but I guess will show more versatility.

I think Kam will run well come combine time and I know covering the slot hasnt been something he has done as much but from what I heard coming out of spring the new defense was much more aggressive and he would have to cover more one on one and less playing centerfield. Might lower chances to play for picks but I guess will show more versatility.
KK got to be 4.5 range he covers alot if ground. I was more excited about him than Jaquon Johnson cause he was JJ but that can get there faster.

Advertisement
KK got to be 4.5 range he covers alot if ground. I was more excited about him than Jaquon Johnson cause he was JJ but that can get there faster.
I think it was about midway through his junior season, IIRC, that JJ really started to shine. I remember this board bashing him a lot his first couple seasons and then the light came on

I know he was an All American last year but he’s still got room to improve and Guidry has gotta be excited to work with him

This page blows so hard
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Advertisement
Advertisement
That difference alone should account for 2+ wins.

I'm trying not to drink the Kool Aid but it's hard, lol.

On O, if TVD is back to 2021 form and has time, with Harrell the motion receiver coming out of the snap at full speed ... ? A healthy Chaney and Arroyo ... ? Hard not to think we have the "potential" to see a UTN type of turnaround on offense.

And on D, I really like what Mario and Guidry have done to patch the holes. We've got a great first team DL and are deep with pass rushers. LB won't be great but should be good enough. As Pete notes, Devante Brown and James Williams need to step up, had bad years last year. They make that move, and we could be very good on defense, too. But the secondary is a question mark still outside of Kam. Keep teams consistently under 30, and with our O, I think we're positioned to win a lot of games.

I'm trying not to drink the Kool Aid but it's hard, lol.

On O, if TVD is back to 2021 form and has time, with Harrell the motion receiver coming out of the snap at full speed ... ? A healthy Chaney and Arroyo ... ? Hard not to think we have the "potential" to see a UTN type of turnaround on offense.

And on D, I really like what Mario and Guidry have done to patch the holes. We've got a great first team DL and are deep with pass rushers. LB won't be great but should be good enough. As Pete notes, Devante Brown and James Williams need to step up, had bad years last year. They make that move, and we could be very good on defense, too. But the secondary is a question mark still outside of Kam. Keep teams consistently under 30, and with our O, I think we're positioned to win a lot of games.

200.gif

Advertisement
I think it’s pretty obvious the starting 22 for this team is top 20 - but I fear the drop from the starters to the depth is what makes this is a top 40 team.

I think it was about midway through his junior season, IIRC, that JJ really started to shine. I remember this board bashing him a lot his first couple seasons and then the light came on

I know he was an All American last year but he’s still got room to improve and Guidry has gotta be excited to work with him
JJ still a good college player. Loved his game

I think it’s pretty obvious the starting 22 for this team is top 20 - but I fear the drop from the starters to the depth is what makes this is a top 40 team.
It really shouldn't be. Maybe in comparison to Top 10 teams. If we're comparing to other middling-ish programs, our depth should be overall better - with some real question marks at a couple position groups. And, the resources invested in the coaching staff should make up for any difference. Theoretically.

I've long since accepted that there are things in this world that I simply do not get. I often use Bruce Springsteen as an example. Dude has millions of fans and a massive catalog of popular songs, yet I think his music sucks ***. His band is made up of a bunch of very mediocre musicians. Again, I dont say Springsteen Sucks, I say that I dont get it.

Today I see another one. Zion Nelson. I do not get it. Ive watched every game this kid has played in and Ive never been blown away or overly impressed in any way. People talking about him as a high round draft pick simply seem off-base to me. Again, I dont say ZN sucks, I simply say, I do not get it. I have no idea what drives the Zion Nelson hype.

Advertisement
Back