PODCAST: Football is Back ft. D$ and Lance Roffers

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Football is back in Coral Gables, and D$ and I give you our impressions of how the first week of fall camp has gone on Greentree. Later, Lance Roffers joins the show to discuss the athletic testing profiles of some of UM's more recent commitments, and what it could mean in projecting their futures at the next level.

Advertisement
Love the analysis. Lance and D$ do it again. Great to see where the program is moving with the 2020 class and the athletes we're recruiting. I totally agree with Lance that we have to get back to "stomping" teams. The future is bright!!!! GO CANES!!!

Goalpost6.png

Very informative about the qb battle so far, hmmm. I like What I’m hearing/seeing in some of the videos about Herbert at right tackle.

Listening now. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. The more I read about this QB battle, the more I am convinced these kids aren’t ceding anything, and the decision won't be final on August 24th.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great report . . . Liked the comment that defensive domination of offenses by having stacked positions was the key to return to prominence (particularly in the ACC) . . . This season's success is really going to be important to holding on to those recruits . . .

"One on one does not show anything. It is not a passing contest, it is so much more."

Performance in scrimmage is the key for team trust.
The coaches have not endorsed any of the three.

"Opportunity for all 3."
If posters can't see that it is way too early to pick a QB , then it is a popularity contest, based on thin air.

Advertisement
i just cringed at the thought D saying "he may not be the best guy, but if hes just even, **** win." idc which QB hes speaking of, the winner should just be more than even. theyre all talented and its time for all of them to live up to their lofty rankings

Somebody needs to start. If they are even in practice, Tate’s running ability and work ethic give him the edge.

The scrimmages are going to be huge for all three guys.

Advertisement
Somebody needs to start. If they are even in practice, Tate’s running ability and work ethic give him the edge.

The scrimmages are going to be huge for all three guys.

i get it, i just expect more out of these guys than jsut being even esp in a big first game like we have against UF. i hope one of the three stand out in the scrimmages to at least know, well have above average QB play. .

I appreciate the comments about "no lemons" in this 2019 class. Lost in the hysteria over star ratings and class rankings is the fact that every signee brings something to the table. The few guys who I see as having iffy projections are either athletic freaks or high-character guys that can provide long-term depth. This is a template that can repeat itself in future years but the key will be landing more of the Neal, Stevenson and Solomon foundation types.

I’d like to think I follow the Canes fairly obsessively.

I don’t recall Manny being disappointed in either Jarren or N’kosi all summer? Were these public comments?

Advertisement
I appreciate the comments about "no lemons" in this 2019 class. Lost in the hysteria over star ratings and class rankings is the fact that every signee brings something to the table. The few guys who I see as having iffy projections are either athletic freaks or high-character guys that can provide long-term depth. This is a template that can repeat itself in future years but the key will be landing more of the Neal, Stevenson and Solomon foundation types.
Imo Solomon shouldn’t be brought up as being anywhere near a Neal or Stevenson “type” honestly

Enjoyed the podcast fellas. Very informative and feeling much better about our safety after listening. You guys confirming my thoughts about Hodges has me very excited about his future. I appreciate the work..D$,Lance and Stefan.

i just cringed at the thought D saying "he may not be the best guy, but if hes just even, **** win." idc which QB hes speaking of, the winner should just be more than even. theyre all talented and its time for all of them to live up to their lofty rankings
Unfortunately, if they’re all even we can’t line up 3 guys under center in a ghey choo choo train formation. They have to eventually pick a guy, and if they’re all close, it’ll likely go off a feeling.

Some dudes can’t get that this isn’t a math equation with a definite answer. It’s a lot of art and feel and opinion.

There have been some great coaches over the years who have picked the wrong QB. How many teams passed on the greatest QB in the history of the game—Tom Brady? Those dudes are paid millions, and they all missed and got that dead wrong. There are countless other examples.

All we can do is hope they pick the right guy, and if they don’t, then that they’re willing to make the change and haven’t lost the other 2 guys to the portal.

All we can do is hope they pick the right guy, and if they don’t, then that they’re willing to make the change and haven’t lost the other 2 guys to the portal.

This

Unfortunately, we’ve got some clown show porsters on this site that are just itching for the other two guys to transfer. I just don’t get it. I guess they’ve never heard of injuries or QBs just not performing.

Advertisement
Back