PODCAST: Defense Deep Dive with LuCane

View as article
Advertisement
Very solid analysis. Always very interesting. DMoney, Rousseau the best player on the Defense by the end of the year? Definitely a hot take. Not sure I buy it that a True freshman is going to be best player on the Defense this year...

Advertisement
Very solid analysis. Always very interesting. DMoney, Rousseau the best player on the Defense by the end of the year? Definitely a hot take. Not sure I buy it that a True freshman is going to be best player on the Defense this year...

especially when you have players like Jaquan Johnson

DMoney, Rousseau the best player on the Defense by the end of the year? Definitely a hot take.

Well, the man asked for a hot take. Rousseau is unproven until he plays real games. But the truth is, if I went to Greentree without knowing anybody, #15 would stand out immediately. He is making old guys look bad.

The key will be how his body holds up. If he can withstand the physical toll, his talent is supreme.

Well, the man asked for a hot take. Rousseau is unproven until he plays real games. But the truth is, if I went to Greentree without knowing anybody, #15 would stand out immediately. He is making old guys look bad.

The key will be how his body holds up. If he can withstand the physical toll, his talent is supreme.

Kid is a specimen, but how do you think he will hold up physically? I don't think anyone on here doubts he can be a great 3rd down pass rusher early on, but how will he be able to hold up against the run/doing the dirty work from what you've seen?

Really ******* excited for this kid

This is the best podcast CIS has done in a while. Not an insult against other podcasts, I just thought the insight here was fantastic.

@LuCane gets so amped up talking linebackers, you can hear him tapping the table over and over ...

Advertisement
Those two guys have some solid chemistry--it's as if they've known each other for 20 years.

I like how mid-podcast Lu turned the tables and became the host, asking D$ questions.

Solid work. This season is indeed a rocket ship if Rousseau is the best player on defense by November. There are quite a few STUDS on defense.

Always love hearing @LuCane discuss the nuances of defense. Very nice work explaining how the different player types have different advantages and roles in the 4-2-5 and Cover 3 and Zone Blitz.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great podcast, gentleman!

I only have one critique: the intro music used to be better when Pete was running the show.

We have some absolute ballers at DE. I'm curious what DMoney thinks of how good Patchan can be if he stays healthy. All I remember when he came in was how high his ceiling was.

Advertisement
Back