PODCAST: D$ is back with exclusive camp and recruiting scoop

Advertisement
Thanks for the update DMoney and I'm going to Washington State in 5 days to visit the National Parks.
Awesome. PM me if you have any questions. All very different. The pictures in the YouTube video were from Stehekin Valley in the North Cascades and Lake Crescent in Olympic. We went to Mount Rainier also but the clouds swallowed up the mountain.

I was thinking that to but seems like the yards came from the edges. Not sure if that's from the DE not setting the edge or lack of speed from the LB. Hopefully it gets corrected either way.
You definitely answered the question. Years of poor tackling & pursuit angles + crappy unathletic linebackers. I think we’ve improved the latter but we gotta see them prove the former.

Awesome. PM me if you have any questions. All very different. The pictures in the YouTube video were from Stehekin Valley in the North Cascades and Lake Crescent in Olympic. We went to Mount Rainier also but the clouds swallowed up the mountain.
there’s some people on the recruiting board that will have a heart attack when they find out someone from Miami found another place in the country they enjoyed

Advertisement
Covington was miles better, and should have started, at minimum, from 1995-1998. One can argue that he should have started in 1994 and eschewed the redshirt.

Hard games to watch? Outside of the awful 5-6 team in 1997, Miami's teams from 1995-1999 are better than any team we've had from 2006 to the present.

If those teams were "hard to watch," how would you describe our last 17 seasons?

There's a weird myth on this board about the probation teams being bad, when that was only true in 1997.

Looking back over last decade and a half, worse record wise, I agree. Though the results were worse, the expectations were tempered. We had gotten used to losing... and Hecht f'kin up everything.

In the ninties, it was torture because we were still just a few years away from the greatest era of Canes football...

..... and grassy was truly the wild, wild west.

Last edited:
@DMoney did you put your W-L prediction in @IndayArtHauz ’s prediction thread? If so, what is it? All the reports from camp suggest we’re going to have a good maybe even great season.

Advertisement
In a nutshell above ave offense courtesy of huge OL that can open holes for a good stable of RBI’s, and ptrtect TVd who is looking liike his old self. Defense as a unit is average with good DL, ave lb, and unproven DB. Safety group needs depth. If we are going to Win we will do so bc of Ol. I think we have a shot at fsu and *** to mouth. We have to be be rabid bc recruiting will need wins to flip dudes

Advertisement
I was thinking that to but seems like the yards came from the edges. Not sure if that's from the DE not setting the edge or lack of speed from the LB. Hopefully it gets corrected either way.
It had a lot to do with scheme last year. Every defense has a force player on the edge, someone responsible for “forcing” a runner to your help. You can do that by setting an edge, which gets your outside shoulder wider than widest blocker, you can reset LOS, which gets upfield and forces a runner to bubble (go around backwards), you can spill the. Run, you can reset the gap on the line where strength of ball is.

Key is that you have to replace when you get upfield or stunt. Miami was reckless in their rush and foundation, so they often left the edge unprotected.

It’s why I call Guidry, “Manny with guardrails” because he focuses on replacing first.

Advertisement
Not totally excited to hear the Brown has limitations that Ivey didn’t even have from an athletic standpoint. Especially since he’s supposed to be the #1 CB. But I won’t look too much into it.

Not totally excited to hear the Brown has limitations that Ivey didn’t even have from an athletic standpoint. Especially since he’s supposed to be the #1 CB. But I won’t look too much into it.
Ivey's limitations on the field had nothing to do with his athleticism. It was more of a mental issue for him. The guy got drafted simply based on his size/speed combination.

I'm so close to drinking the Kool-Aid. I'm loving what I'm hearing
IMG_9053.gif

Advertisement
Back