Podcast: Adrian Colbert reflects on Miami career

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Colbert.jpg
(TK Photography)

Fresh off Miami's first bowl win in ten years, Canes cornerback Adrian Colbert joined the podcast to reflect on is Miami career. Although it was short-lived, Colbert was extremely grateful for his time in the program and is very optimistic for the future.

Colbert said that a year ago at this time, he was considering quitting football altogether -- now he will prepare for the NFL draft.

[SOUNDCLOUD]300126636[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
A solid addition to the team this year.

He'll find a spot on an NFL roster - he has size and speed and had some nice open field tackles during the time he was in there....

Wish he weren't injured. He showed he has some real talent and we needed him this year. That tackle near the end of the bowl game on the WR screen was a great exclamation point. Congrats to him.

We need a couple more colberts next year . If we pick up a 1-2 grad transfers at CB it could be a very special defense

Advertisement
My only regret with him is that he didnt originally come to the U and we didn't get to see more of him in orange and green

He has all the physical tools to play at the next level

That'd be awesome for him if he signs a FA contract, he deserves it.

Peter and I were talking earlier and were thinking that if a guy like Ladarius Gunter can make a team and start( for Green Bay) why not Colbert, who actually has superior physical tools?

Advertisement
He sure thinks highly of cager, which is weird . All the " gurus" around here say he's a " jag".

Thanks, Pete!

That interview got me hyped up. I'm ready to run through a wall.

Too bad that Colbert can't get 1 more year. Kid flashed big-time when he was healthy. He's more of a Cane than a lot of the turncoats that are from the 305. Only 7 months at the U and he bleeds Orange & Green.

I predict that if he gets an NFL Combine invite, he will turn heads and will get drafted.

Kid has all of the athletic traits that scouts look for, plus this year with our staff really showed what he can do when given a chance to play fast.

Best wishes to him and will follow his career closely.

He sure thinks highly of cager, which is weird . All the " gurus" around here say he's a " jag".

I was more hyped with what he said about Mullins. The excitement level in his voice changed when asked about Dionte. Said that his speed is great and his ability to get open against one-on-one coverage. If Mullins gets a chance next season, watch out. I think that he and AR15 along with Berries in the slot could be dynamite.

Advertisement
Have you gUYsm seen Cager lately? Dude is jacked. Been getting skrong while out on injury.

Have you gUYsm seen Cager lately? Dude is jacked. Been getting skrong while out on injury.

Advertisement
I'm glad he came to the U for a year. He had a pretty good year and has a chance to be a good pro!

Great interview. He was one of my favorite players. Loved seeing him finish with de-cleating the guy in the flat, and running the length of the sideline throwing the U up to the crowd. Hope fins get him and keep in his new HOME!!

Throughly impressed with this kid off the field even more than I was pleasantly surprised with him on it. Hope he continues to exceed expectations.

I can't wait to see Cager healthy. He needs some weight but I think he can be very productive especially with the world getting to know AR15.

Advertisement
Back