Please your Post game excuses by AG after the Duke game?

We need to execute better, we missed some tackles and were out of place a few times freelancing. We have to keep moving forward and get to work preparing for our next game. No time to look back, we have to prepare for our next game.

To add to this i will watch the game film and make the proper changes, and what happens the same ole bull****

Advertisement
Golden:The guys fought there tails off but they didn't execute when we needed it most. We played a good game. We couldn't get off the Field on 3rd downs
.we were 70% on 2nd down. Average 49.5 yards a punt. Hold up guys Let me see. We were on the 35 yard average starting Field position which is improvement from last week . We seen a .9 average running the ball then last week.
Reporter: Coach, you have up 300 yards of rushing 2 weeks in a row. How do we fix that.
Golden: where did you get that stat from? I don't see it . We improved. We tackled 20% better then last week and up to 30% Better from Sat year against the toughest stretch we have played since I been here.

Something like that lol guys a joke.

Its was Coley and the offense fault for not converting that 3rd down with 10:21 left in the 2nd qtr.. it was a real game changer.

Advertisement

Golden:The guys fought there tails off but they didn't execute when we needed it most. We played a good game. We couldn't get off the Field on 3rd downs
.we were 70% on 2nd down. Average 49.5 yards a punt. Hold up guys Let me see. We were on the 35 yard average starting Field position which is improvement from last week . We seen a .9 average running the ball then last week.
Reporter: Coach, you have up 300 yards of rushing 2 weeks in a row. How do we fix that.
Golden: where did you get that stat from? I don't see it . We improved. We tackled 20% better then last week and up to 30% Better from Sat year against the toughest stretch we have played since I been here.

Something like that lol guys a joke.
That sums up this coaching staff, while the record shows you suck, folden is blurting out useless stats.

"Well it all starts with me.... We have to get better....We learned a lot.. I am proud of our guys..We just didn't tackle...We are working hard.. Duke is a great football team..We have had the toughest schedule in the land...'' WTF ever....

We stayed in the game with a great football team. We grew up, the moment wasn't big for the guys. They relished the moment. I have the utmost faith in Mark. It's hard to win when the offense turns the ball over. We still have a long way to go. Really long way to go. I told you guys that. No one is running from the moment, we're gonna fight. Look at the film and fix it. It starts with me but the players have to execute.

-That's a top 25 team
-Division champs
-We have to look at everything
-Starts with me
-Scheme isn't the problem
-Need to execute
-Offense didn't do us any favors
-We're right there
-Toughest first 5 games in the country
-Still a long way to go
-Still 0-0 in the Big Ten

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Alright, tough ending there, liked the effort, liked the fight. You can see the growth there. There's a lot positive I take from this one. Considering that they had 80 some snaps I thought our yardage given up totals were solid. If you take a look at it from a yards per play perspective and assume a more reasonable number of plays per game, then we'd prolly give up about only 320, 325 yards. And again that goes back to third down offense. There's a symbiotic relationship here guys between offense and defense. You have some third down struggles, the opponent gets more and more possessions. It's a money down deal and were working our tails off to get it corrected. Offense, especially brad, did some good things but I keep coming back to those money downs. That's the difference between winning and losing right there. You got two good teams playing hard, fighting hard, just a few things can snowball and tilt the outcome.

(In audible question by SMD)

The stage wasn't too big for us. Just as a comparison, Susan, if this was last year at their place, with this final score, we would have covered, so I think you can see the progress we are making.

(Tim Reynolds asks whether it's acceptable in Year 4 to lose to basketball schools)

Tim, I don't think its fair to say they are a basketball school. They won the Coastal last year and they took it to Texas A&M for most of the Peach Bowl, so to say they are a basketball school doesn't really capture the essence of reality here. I can promise you Coach Cutcliffe doesn't think of them that way. They're an elite team, Tim, and we need to start thinking of them in those terms. And I liked how we competed out there. Were still growing ourselves. I told you guys that even after Florida last year. We lost by 18 to these guys last year...today we lost a back and forth barn burner so I'm comfortable with our trend line, here.

Advertisement
Back