Please tell me Lashlee was holding back

He did not hold back. Time after time in his interviews, he said that his offense will be a power spread featuring the running game. All the insiders and youtubers either ignored it, made it into what they wanted to hear or fail to understand that manny wants a offense that controls the ball and clock. Everyone was looking into what he did at SMU with an air-raid coach on the sidelines and saw the numbers& highlights thinking that's what we're getting. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Lashlee is bringing the power spread from Auburn led by qb Marshall. He didn't have that mobile qb at SMU, so they threw it around more. But now he has his ideal qb he can run the same uptempo power spread that took Auburn to the Natty

If our OC decided not to take the offense that got him the job in return for a different ****tier one again we’re ****ed. That offense didn’t look like the Auburn power run though. It looked like the running game he used last year just wayyy more often. Almost to make a point

Advertisement
Looked like Lashlee just kept it simple, and it makes sense to me, even though it was frustrating to watch at times, He threw it into another gear when UAB got close, and chose to shut it down and play backups when UAB was gassed in the 4th.

LMAO we ran six plays. Seriously SIX PLAYS!!!! What’s wrong with are fanbase 😔🙌 yes they held back and had 500 yards of offense
I can only surmise, our fan based is comprised of at least 50% mongoloid buffoons. I was at the game and listening to the *** clowns in 2 or 3 separate clusters behind me, all but confirms it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s interesting, did he mention anything else?
The rest of the conversation was Collier and Marshall saying Clemson the only good team in the ACC and there going to kill us. Taylor and Smith was just taking up for the team 🥴🥴🥴

Advertisement
To my eye we used zero or very little RPO. Pretty sure thats been a part of Lashlees offense in previous stops. Also, once UAB scored to make it 17-14 I thought Lashlee used noticeable more variety in his play calling. If he wasn’t holding back a little or being blatantly vanilla then we should probably all be pretty worried about the offense

edit: on the rewatch we did show more than a little rpo. King was just handing off to the rb the majority of the time.
Exactly. I assume King was told to limit his carries as we can't do well without him. If he had pulled ball back from the RB there was easy pickins around the end.

Advertisement
The most obvious reason they didn't open the whole playbook is that it hasn't been installed. New OC, new QB, and an incomplete preseason.
Bingo . Also if you those 6 plays you run work why call more ? We pounded them into submission and won easily. The 2 things players love about our O at least in camp was the simplicity but the plethora of opportunities for big plays. Simple and fun? **** yes.

Some of you guys are not thinking straight. It was Game 1 after a limited practice schedule, a rusty QB coming off 2019 hiatus, against a very tough team that was already in Game 2 form. That plus the fact that it almost always takes the offense longer to gel and hit their stride.

Did we run a scaled-down offense? Probably. I know if I were Lashlee or Manny I wouldn't have gone into Game 1 after COVID restrictions planning to throw my full playbook at a G5 opponent. Thats just common sense. Throw too much at our guys to try to execute right out of the gate and you'd have a sloppy game full of turnovers.

Now with that said, did we execute well? No. But that's a different matter altogether. We should have been able to use a limited playbook and beat UAB soundly. So my issues are not with the variation of plays but with the lack of execution.

Let's wait until next week at UL to decide whether Lashlee is still 'holding back' because we need to throw the kitchen sink and more at those guys. Definitely no excuses by then.
You hit it right on the head!!

I hope he does. Ball control will be key.
Any time you can get 6.2 yards per carry and 337 yards rushing in a game, I say run the ball until they stop you. The greatest thing a team can do to show its dominance over an opponent is to run the same rushing plays over and over, and the other team can’t stop you. During preseason, Lashlee said a strength of this team was the RBs, and that is proving to be true.

We have a brand new OC, a new QB, new RBs, a new OL and new WRs, and the Canes still had almost 500 yards of total offense. The passing game will get a lot better, and believe it or not, so will the running game.

Advertisement
Back