Please tell me Lashlee was holding back

First of all with no spring I am sure we are not as far along in the offensive playbook as we we will be as the season goes on. But its a no brainer we have the best offensive players at the RB and TE position and I expect those 2 positions to be involved heavily. If a wide receiver emerges as a go to guy we will see more going to him as the season goes on. UAB was a well coached experienced defense . They were usually in the right place.
Lashlee strikes me as a guy who will probe the defense and pick at their weakest areas. That will change from week to week.

Advertisement
It was 17-14, we started to throw more, scored 14 points in two minute drives and then went into clock management.

We had 31 after three quarters and running the ball REPEATEDLY IN SEVEN MAN BOXES.

Can we stop with this now?

If you find one play that works and the defense is helpless against it, you run that same play over and over and over again. UAB could do nothing to stop the run. Lashlee and Diaz had the right coaching strategy.

I don't think our offense is anywhere near ready for Lashlee to run anything... Our OL can barely block for passing downs.

Advertisement
We had 500 yards of offense...

Against a solid defensive opponent...

In the first game of a new offensive staff...

With a limited pre-season...

A transfer QB...

Two True Freshman RB's...

And 5.9% of the playbook installed.

WE'RE FINE!
This actually makes me feel much better. If a guy like Macho, who never holds anything back, is telling us that we are good, I'm finished thinking about it and just looking forward to Louisville next Saturday.

I’ve watched a lot of Lashlee from Auburn, Uconn, and SMU. If something is working, he’s going to keep running it until the defense shows it can stop it.

UAB couldn’t handle the zone read (our staple running play) so that’s what’s going to be called over and over. We saw some RPO, saw some deep shots, and some QB draws. Lashlee will continue to build the offense out and add wrinkles each week and change the play calling based on what the defense is doing.

Advertisement
Just wondering how C.Arkansas scored 35 against them. Didn’t get a chance to watch that game.
UAB set them up with three turnovers deep in their own territory. I think CAU had three touchdown drives under 15 yards. The last two touchdowns came in the final 3 minutes when UAB emptied the bench and CAU got some garbage time scores.

We had 500 yards of offense...

Against a solid defensive opponent...

In the first game of a new offensive staff...

With a limited pre-season...

A transfer QB...

Two True Freshman RB's...

And 5.9% of the playbook installed.

WE'RE FINE!
I've managed to pull myself away from the ledge.

I was just getting very angry early in the game watching our oline do the same things they were doing the year before.

We struggled to separate ourselves until the 4th quarter. Get real man. We did not hold back. I could accept "we did not execute well" but for God's sake stop with all the "holding back" BS.

When we blow teams out that are far less capable I never here anyone say "we were holding back". So once again stop it with the H-B shiggity.
How the **** did UM struggle to separate ourselves in the fourth quarter without scoring any points in the fourth quarter, makes no sense??

So you think all of our opponents will only watch the UAB game and not watch film of his previous seasons running this offense, WITH this QB?

Yep, you’re the smart one.
It’s going to be pretty **** impossible to find any game film of Rhett Lashlee running an offense with D’Eriq King besides the UAB game. Considering there isn’t any.

Advertisement
It’s going to be pretty **** impossible to find any game film of Rhett Lashlee running an offense with D’Eriq King besides the UAB game. Considering there isn’t any.

Do you think there is game film of his offense and game film of King out there? It ain’t hard to figure out.

Good OCs take their offense and design it with that QBs strengths. There is more than enough film on both. Whatever the calls are from the OC, it won’t be some secret to the opposing DC.

Do you think there is game film of his offense and game film of King out there? It ain’t hard to figure out.

Good OCs take their offense and design it with that QBs strengths. There is more than enough film on both. Whatever the calls are from the OC, it won’t be some secret to the opposing DC.
You would have to go back to his time at Auburn to get game tape of a Rhett Lashlee offense with a running quarterback. His QBs at UConn and SMU were pocket passers. So yes, you can watch game film from 5 years ago but if you believe hasn’t added anything or changed anything in 5 years, you should stay away from the coaching profession.

I’m guessing you’re one of the people who believes the offense wasn’t purposely vanilla on Thursday night. If that was the case, what would be the reason for Lashlee throwing 90% of his playbook in the garbage? You said it yourself, there’s all sorts of game film of his offense at previous stops and it shows a **** of a lot more than what we saw in game one. So either you believe he purposely threw his playbook in the garbage or he purposely kept the game plan vanilla in week one.

Advertisement
The most obvious reason they didn't open the whole playbook is that it hasn't been installed. New OC, new QB, and an incomplete preseason.
This is so obvious, I don't see why people don't get it. They must have bet on the over. You have to add the fact that he doesn't know the players yet either. He needed to ferret out which players he can trust in different situations as things heat up. There's a lot of moving parts he had to deal with.

Once he saw Cam Harris limp off the field, with a comfortable lead, he said let's get the f*ck out of dodge, we have a long season to play.

While a good team will improve every week, the biggest jump is between the first and second game. It's all in the adjustments to the kinks he's got on tape. We will be fine.

Last edited:
UAB set them up with three turnovers deep in their own territory. I think CAU had three touchdown drives under 15 yards. The last two touchdowns came in the final 3 minutes when UAB emptied the bench and CAU got some garbage time scores.
Central Arkansas had 293 yards of offense and 100 yards rushing

sneeze sneezing GIF

Advertisement
Back