Please tell me Lashlee was holding back

Advertisement
So the ACC teams we play that are scouting us won't see the entire playbook. Everyone does it. I did it when I coached.
And how many times were you caught out by Operation Barbarossa?

There's nothing new under the sun. Lashlee's playbook is out there already - he's not going to unleash three brand new plays next week.

If we weren’t holding back, it’s a **** shame, cause we saw glimpses of greatness IMO on the drives we passed on first down.

C'mon on man. Stop with the "holding back" shiggity. We play 10-12 games a year, why would we hold anything back. Just stop it already.
Let's hope its a you gotts to crawl before you walk type scenario. If we see the same **** next Saturday from that side of the ball. We're in for another long season.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
We ran a variation of 1 run play almost 40 times. IMO I think we held back. King has to hit in those deep balls though to blow the game open.
Problem with that is you NEVER rely on low percentage plays to blow a game open. Where were the plays that lead to yards after catch? Where were the passes over the middle? Why were the TEs targeted a whopping 4 times?

I was hoping to see some signs of life in the passing game, and it just wasn't there. Maybe next week.

What are you talking about? They had 31 points after three quarters.
It was also 17-14 in the 3rd quarter. It was an ugly game, and it's alright to admit that. It wasn't a 2018 D'Eriq King game. It wasn't a 2019 SMU style game. It was a "Thank God we had some long runs to pad the stats in an otherwise underwhelming game" kind of game.

I will say this. I had more faith in King running in a Hail Mary situation than I did Jarren Williams.

Advertisement
One of the main objectives was to run the ball and give the o line opportunities to work together. There were plenty of opportunities where King could have pulled the ball and ran himself. Do you think he didn't see that? LOL. CIS has some real mouthbreathers.

CIS POTENTIAL.jpg

Advertisement
Holding back is dumb. Football is about execution, not X's and O's gimmicks.

Steve Spurrier never held a closed practice. For exactly that reason. Who gives a **** if the other team knows your playbook. Football is about executing your role and beating the man in front of you, period.

IF we were holding back, it had nothing to do with ACC teams scouting us. Maybe we didn't have time to install the whole playbook with limited practice.

Just wondering how C.Arkansas scored 35 against them. Didn’t get a chance to watch that game.

Advertisement
because the O looked limited. With Perry at the helm, we might have lost that game.

Bro, when you can basically run at will, there isn't a need to pass. Yes as a fan it's more interesting to see them flinging it around. But incomplete passes give the defenders a chance to catch their breath. Point was to make them wilt. If you can do that running the ball for 300 yards, you don't need to open the playbook. It's silly to tip your hand and show next week's opponents some new wrinkles when it's completely unnecessary.

Advertisement
Back