PLEASE STOP WITH THIS FABRICATED "TOUGH SCHEDULE" NARRATIVE

Listen... I don't be on every thread but... I honestly believe y'all be creating narratives to argue about. I haven't seen a soul say anything about our strength of schedule.
There were people claiming the toughest schedule in the country before last week from somebody’s metrics. Im still saying what I did then, it’s a lie. Stop using metrics and start using your eyes.

Advertisement
Well if true, that's crazy lol.
Enjoy

Not a big fan of these types of rankings. SEC teams are always overinflated and ACC teams are always undervalued.

What I do know is, regardless of the strength of schedule, we should be 8-1 and ranked in the top 5 (Probably be 9 or 10 knowing the Committee).

We did not lose any game because the other team was just so much better (BAMA). We lost because of our own ineptitude. But, as we know, the team has to play like it…they have to win games.

Still think we win out and based on today, a huge shoot out with Wake and probably win the ACC.

Advertisement
Twitter accounts? Bear has access to the best stats and info available. If you want to **** on ESPN, that’s another story…

I think the bigger point/takeaway is that all these lists are subjective at best, garbage at worst, unless and until you know their formulas and variables used to arrive at the conclusions.

I agree, the list are subjective. The site I provided is actually a paid site & it breaks down various rankings particularly for the NCAA. They provide their formulas & solely focus on NCAA stats, betting lines, trends, “good wins/losses vs bad wins/losses” since 2003. It’s a pretty credible source & consistent.

The only thing I don’t like about PFF is that it’s inconsistent w/ all their ratings from The NFL/NCAA teams & players.

I think our schedule, thus far is conducive to be ranked top 15. The fact is, MSU is top 10, Pitt & NCSt r top 25, despite what we may feel about those teams.

Regardless, at the end of the day, our talent dwarfed everyone on our schedule. That’s indisputable.

People still posting in this thread after this?
Your point? Of course the SOS will go down as we play weaker teams, hello. the point is still that to date we have played a top 13 schedule and should have a better record. You get that right?

And they're not even Top 20 here.....

Statistics mean nothing here. The ACC is hot garbage in 2021. Alabama and Michigan State are the only two good football teams Miami played. The rest is an utter joke—and this team is still 5-4.
Apples and oranges. Yardbarker is looking at predictive total schedules, the RPI etc SOS rankings are based on teams played to date. Yep, Miami SOS will fall with Vtech, FSU and Duke remaining, pretty basic stuff.

Advertisement
There are a few posters that have positive takes on the state of the program.

The vast majority of posters are unhappy with the state of the program but also see some positive and back the players efforts.

There are also some posters that find absolutely nothing positive with the program and post extremely negative comments about anything and everything associated with the program.

OP falls into the last category. Your obviously ****ed off about something. My question is are you that ****ed off about the state of the Miami football program or is there some underlying issue that adds to your disdain for everything about the U?

imagine being so angry about entertainment. at the end of the day, our lives will move on whether or not Manny makes it through. I had thought he'd been canned by now but clearly the players haven't given up so were gonna wait till November to make the change. either way, im not worried. its not in our hands or the medias.

Some of y'all case building with that "toughest schedule in the nation" driven to try and buy excuses or Manolo. Stop it. Auburn's schedule blows Miami's out of the water regarding toughness:

@ Penn State (#10)
@ LSU
Georgia (#2)
@ Arkansas (#17)
Ole Miss (#10)
@ Texas A&M
Mississippi State (#17)
Alabama (#2)

The ACC is as collectively bad and wide open as it's been since the Canes joined the conference—and Miami is STILL praying for upsets to capture a second sorry-*** Coastal title.

This team is mediocre and Heisman-like efforts by Van Dyke the past three games have saved Diaz's sad gig and masked a brutally bad collective defensive effort.

Some of you citing wins over "7-2" teams like NC State and Pittsburgh—comparing to 7-2 Mississippi State or Texas A&M, as if it's apples to apples—SEC teams with SEC losses while, two average ACC teams lost two average football games. (Pittsburgh lost to Western Michigan and Miami—aTm lost to Arkansas and Mississippi State, while upsetting Alabama.) This really needs to be explained as different?

Miami is 3-6 right now without MVP-like efforts at quarterback—and Diaz is out of a job—which is why so many refuse to feast on sad, empty calorie wins and were "rooting" for the future these past few weeks, not short-sighted, meaningless and forgettable wins against sub-par ACC "talent".

Dead Manny Walking.
Preach!!!!!!

It’s possible to say “Miami has had one of the toughest schedules” which is a fact, without using it to defend the coaches. Tough schedule or not, you can’t lose to UNC and Virginia

that's exactly why I think Manny will get fired. realistically, even w the issues in the beginning, we should only have 2 losses right now. we don't. we shouldn't take another loss short of the bowl going forward but I said were gonna be in 50-50 games all year bc of the staff shortcomings (recruiting and coaching). the best thing about this year is TVD got reps in the spring and looks like an absolute future star in the making. those QBs don't come around often. im excited to see what the new staff will do w him.

If our strength of schedule drops, it's mostly due to conference opponents. You really can't do anything about that. I will say that Miami played one of if not the toughest non conference schedules in the country.

Advertisement
The schedule can be difficult and Manny can still suck at the same time.

Never mind. Logic like that isn't supposed to exist here.

This is absolutely false. Lol.

Can we stop using twitter accounts as sources?

Again, I’ll post this for viewing

This metric is better.

It doesn't go by record, but teams perceived strength, which takes opponents and opponent opponents into account.
It changes each week based on results.

If our strength of schedule drops, it's mostly due to conference opponents. You really can't do anything about that. I will say that Miami played one of if not the toughest non conference schedules in the country.
No question.

There's nothing we can do about the divisional teams and FSU that we're married to.
We've done a decent job of scheduling OOC P5 opponents.

Texas A&M next year works for me.
I'd like to see more of two P5 opponents though.
We'll have to wait for '24/'25 when we get 2 OOC p5 teams that we're quite fond of....
ND and uF.
In '25 they're both home.

Advertisement
Not a big fan of these types of rankings. SEC teams are always overinflated and ACC teams are always undervalued.

What I do know is, regardless of the strength of schedule, we should be 8-1 and ranked in the top 5 (Probably be 9 or 10 knowing the Committee).

We did not lose any game because the other team was just so much better (BAMA). We lost because of our own ineptitude. But, as we know, the team has to play like it…they have to win games.

Still think we win out and based on today, a huge shoot out with Wake and probably win the ACC.
Agree.

Very good teams beat MSU at home. Especially if that very good home team is from So Fla and it's 100 degrees on the field.
UNC and UVA would be non-issues.

The winner of NC St./Wake this weekend will win the Atlantic.

Advertisement
Back