Bama:..again it’s Bama
App st: 6-2
Michigan state: 8-0
UVA: 6-3
Unc: 5-4
Pitt: 7-2
Nc state: 7-2
Tech 3-5

Very similar strength of schedule. Definitely in the discussion with all the other too strength of schedules nationwide
We definitely have one of the toughest schedules in the country. Some posters will just continue to be negative without any credible evidence to support their stance.

We definitely have one of the toughest schedules in the country. Some posters will just continue to be negative without any credible evidence to support their stance.
I Don’t get how op typed this with a straight face. I think he’s going off weeks old hype and name value..but yeahh that premise we haven’t played a tough schedule is a lie…in the preseason it looked like a easy schedule tho.

According to these guys (Im guessing they have no dog in the fight regarding whether Diaz stays or goes) , UM has played the #4 toughest schedule.

OPs post would be more relevant if UM was 7-2 and posters were arguing whether that we shouldn't be impressed with 7-2. I'm not worried about the losses to Bama or even MSU. What bothers me is that UM lost to average teams due to poor coaching. UVA because Diaz was gutless and chose to run out the clock. Turns out TVD is really good. Give him a chance to get into the end zone and then kick the FG if it he's unsuccessful. With UNC, Brown is clearly in Diaz's head. And if I recall correctly, we had some drops by the WRs and TEs that killed us and terrible defense (again). Games against the weaker opponents are closer than they should be due to lack of attention to detail and little things.

The idea that we have a "tough" schedule is a joke. I do think its ok to admit that our schedule was/is a little more difficult than originally anticipated at the beginning of the season, but its still pretty easy.

1. Bama - Yes, they are tough. Difficult to start the season with them. Our toughest team on the schedule by far
2. App St - Solid for a non P5 school, but still same as an average ACC team
3. MSU - Better than expected. They are a good team, but not great. Got exposed as expected and will lose again
4. CCSU - No comment
5. UVA - Not straight garbage as I like to call them, but they are not very good and are lucky to have their record
6. UNC - Worse than expected. Terrible defense and inconsistent offense
7. NC ST - Above average for the ACC. Lost to a mid-tier SEC team 2nd game of season and have played nobody.
8. Pitt - Better than expected. Not an easy game for sure. This was a good win
9. GT - Worse than expected. They are pretty bad again. Terrible qb play
10. FSU - Garbage
11. VT - Worse than expected. Not a good team
12. Duke - Garbage

So Bama is elite (although not as good as recent years), MSU is good, and Pitt is good. Every other team on our schedule is average, below average, or garbage
You could use that same description for a majority of teams tho . If you’re not in the SEC and playing Bama and Georgia in the same year, your schedule is very similar to this

I see teams like Pitt and NC State hanging with teams like Auburn and Texas A&M. There’s just not much difference to me between an average ACC team and an average SEC team . There’s a lot more parity in the game now . With that being said I think we have an average schedule , I’m not seeing any teams out here playing juggernaut schedules like that

I just wish there were more out of conference games

Advertisement
Some of y'all case building with that "toughest schedule in the nation" driven to try and buy excuses or Manolo. Stop it. Auburn's schedule blows Miami's out of the water regarding toughness:

@ Penn State (#10)
@ LSU
Georgia (#2)
@ Arkansas (#17)
Ole Miss (#10)
@ Texas A&M
Mississippi State (#17)
Alabama (#2)

The ACC is as collectively bad and wide open as it's been since the Canes joined the conference—and Miami is STILL praying for upsets to capture a second sorry-*** Coastal title.

This team is mediocre and Heisman-like efforts by Van Dyke the past three games have saved Diaz's sad gig and masked a brutally bad collective defensive effort.

Miami is 3-6 right now without MVP-like efforts at quarterback—and Diaz is out of a job—which is why so many refuse to feast on sad, empty calorie wins and were "rooting" for the future these past few weeks, not short-sighted, meaningless and forgettable wins against sub-par ACC "talent".

Dead Manny Walking.
This statement of Sad Truth bears repeating.

“The Past, ‘tis Prologue”, as Shakespeare taught us. Anyone who thinks that this Board is going to break from habit and radically restructure the Program to compete with Bama or Georgia is inerror, to put it mildly.

Advertisement
You could use that same description for a majority of teams tho . If you’re not in the SEC and playing Bama and Georgia in the same year, your schedule is very similar to this

I see teams like Pitt and NC State hanging with teams like Auburn and Texas A&M. There’s just not much difference to me between an average ACC team and an average SEC team . There’s a lot more parity in the game now . With that being said I think we have an average schedule , I’m not seeing any teams out here playing juggernaut schedules like that

I just wish there were more out of conference games
Agree with Pitt. They are a good team and deserve their ranking. I think they can hang with good SEC teams or other good P5 teams. Disagree on NC State. I think they are vastly overrated and did not deserve their ranking.

Yes, it would be nice to see some more out of conference games. Always a handful of good ones first couple weeks of the season and then nothing rest of year. I understand the reasoning for teams not wanting to schedule a tough non-conference game during the middle of their conference play. Either way, our schedule is average at best.

We are what are record says we are. Simple as that.
You're absolutely right. It is what it is.

The strength of the schedule should not be used as an excuse for the overall record, especially this season. There is one school head and shoulders above the rest - Georgia. Even Alabama has a loss this year and didn't look especially great at home last night against LSU.

At the same time, people can't complain that TVD is making Manny look good. What coaching staff recruited him? What coaching staff has put him in position to play like a Heisman candidate over the past 4 games? If blame can be placed on the coaching staff for everything bad that happens, then you have to give them credit for the things that do work.

There are a few posters that have positive takes on the state of the program.

The vast majority of posters are unhappy with the state of the program but also see some positive and back the players efforts.

There are also some posters that find absolutely nothing positive with the program and post extremely negative comments about anything and everything associated with the program.

OP falls into the last category. Your obviously ****ed off about something. My question is are you that ****ed off about the state of the Miami football program or is there some underlying issue that adds to your disdain for everything about the U?

Advertisement
This isn't in defense of Manny. I think he needs to go at the end of the season (outside of winning the ACC). But this is an attack on bad takes. #4 SOS based on current rankings. Rankings to start the season mean nothing since games havent been played.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-161213_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-161213_Chrome.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 13
Is your rankings based on the teams rank at the time they played
Or rank now?
We’ve only played 3 teams that were ranked at the time we played them
Bama Pitt and nc state
Sos moves based on teams current performance. Please

Advertisement
Another super useful post by someone who’s managed to get through X number of years of life not realizing that two different things can be true at the same time… fun.

We have played a hard schedule to this point, and we have underperformed against that schedule.

Some of y'all case building with that "toughest schedule in the nation" driven to try and buy excuses or Manolo. Stop it. Auburn's schedule blows Miami's out of the water regarding toughness:

@ Penn State (#10)
@ LSU
Georgia (#2)
@ Arkansas (#17)
Ole Miss (#10)
@ Texas A&M
Mississippi State (#17)
Alabama (#2)

The ACC is as collectively bad and wide open as it's been since the Canes joined the conference—and Miami is STILL praying for upsets to capture a second sorry-*** Coastal title.

This team is mediocre and Heisman-like efforts by Van Dyke the past three games have saved Diaz's sad gig and masked a brutally bad collective defensive effort.

Miami is 3-6 right now without MVP-like efforts at quarterback—and Diaz is out of a job—which is why so many refuse to feast on sad, empty calorie wins and were "rooting" for the future these past few weeks, not short-sighted, meaningless and forgettable wins against sub-par ACC "talent".

Dead Manny Walking.
This is a moronic post.

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. Our first 8 games was a hard schedule based on objective fact.

Lol at the SEC being overranked and Bama the only one coming out of that conference yearly.

Jesus our fanbase smfh

Advertisement
Back