Please relax.

Advertisement
I judge the season as a whole not two weeks. the defense is the same mess. The offense is improving by the week. But as a whole it’s not a good team.
we barely survived the last two weeks. it took a dropped pass last week and a bad call on a safety for Pitt for us to be saved.
Offense is putting up numbers and defense is still getting picked apart.

4-4 while playing in a terrible conference is how. Also let’s see what these teams are ranked by years end .

Two straight wins doesn’t cover up how badly we’ve been coached , how badly the roster has been managed and being arguably the worst disciplined team in cfb. Sorry I don’t forget all that after two weeks.
the freshman are looking good because they are freshman. almost everyone on this team regresses. Gil was our best player last year and can't touch the field?
Bolden at times looks like an all American and at other times looked like an FCS player.

the freshman are looking good because they are freshman. almost everyone on this team regresses. Gil was our best player last year and can't touch the field?
Bolden at times looks like an all American and at other times looked like an FCS player.
Another example is Couch. He looked real good last year. Probably our best man corner. What happened to him? And he has DB guru Trob now. The same Trob that had Ivey being the next Horn.

Another example is Couch. He looked real good last year. Probably our best man corner. What happened to him?
its everyone for the most part. Also, why can't certain kids get on the field? Roberts, Cave, Huff, etc were well regarded recruits. Are our evals that bad?
No one wanted Jennings and Flagg yet they are hidden gems? its a mess.

Advertisement
its everyone for the most part. Also, why can't certain kids get on the field? Roberts, Cave, Huff, etc were well regarded recruits. Are our evals that bad?
No one wanted Jennings and Flagg yet they are hidden gems? its a mess.
They receive better coaching in high school. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Ragone out there. I guess no one else in the LB room knows the playbook. Seems to be the excuse for everything.

I judge the season as a whole not two weeks. the defense is the same mess. The offense is improving by the week. But as a whole it’s not a good team.
Yeah the offense is definitely carrying the team. Do we have the talent to have a good defense though? Lots of young guys and the LB Core is laughable. If Manny does come back he needs to hire a DC to run a new defense. Pretty sad we have to do that because our defensive minded HC couldn't get the job done

They receive better coaching in high school. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Ragone out there. I guess no one else in the LB room knows the playbook. Seems to be the excuse for everything.
Brooks is confusing to me too. like they hate speed.

Yeah the offense is definitely carrying the team. Do we have the talent to have a good defense though? Lots of young guys and the LB Core is laughable. If Manny does come back he needs to hire a DC to run a new defense. Pretty sad we have to do that because our defensive minded HC couldn't get the job done
The defense lacks talent because the dc sucks at recruiting. His side of the ball is where the biggest holes exist on the roster. Lb , cb and DL recruiting is what’s put him in this position. Ironically he did himself in.

Advertisement
we barely survived the last two weeks. it took a dropped pass last week and a bad call on a safety for Pitt for us to be saved.
Offense is putting up numbers and defense is still getting picked apart.
Our defense has made timely game winning stops in both of the last 2 weeks allowing us to win by running out the clock. This team was averaging 45ppg! Should we have shut them out at home?

Brooks is confusing to me too. like they hate speed.
I’ve tried to be fair to Flagg, I always try to give a guy a chance to show me if he belongs, and that guy is not a Miami caliber started.

You don’t have to be the most twitchy or explosive guy if you’re a smart , but this dude is lumbering and slow as f. He’s a better 44. I was told he’s changed his body and his speed would improve. Well that’s a big no.

How many teams in the country this season would beat both Alabama and Michigan State? Probably zero. Maybe one.

At the start of the season, most reasonable fans here (which is probably only about 5% of the total) were expecting improvement. In other words, expecting 9 or 10 wins. That was completely reasonable based on the information we had at that time. We didn't know Michigan State was this good so we counted that as a win. But go back to August, and tell the reasonable fans then that Michigan State would be a top five team, and that King, Harris, Chaney and Bolden would be out for the season, and that expectation of 10 wins obviously goes down to 7 or 8. If you don't see that, as knowledgeable as you are, then you aren't part of the 5%.
TAM beat Bama and would easily beat MSU. Georgia can beat Bama and easily beats MSU. MSU is having a great run but let’s not pretend they’re some powerhouse to boost up our loss.

OK - count MSU as a loss in the off-season. That puts you at 2 losses as our expectation. We’re at 4 now.

You’re using injuries to King, Harris, Bolden as an excuse to drop expectations to 7-8 wins. Congratulations, Manny has successfully fooled you. While everyone has been calling for the much more talented freshmen to see the field, you’re out here pretending those injuries were some big loss. You think King even comes close to trading shots with Pickett? You think Cam is the same playmaker as Knighton? You think Bolden makes the same tackle that Kam did? It’s the same as back in the offseason. People hoped Cam would have transferred so we could see the young backs. People knew about King’s throwing limitations but were just too afraid to say it. And there were some that hoped Bubba declared since he’s been very average.

Last edited:
I have been critical as **** of Diaz and even more so on the admin, but **** y'all insufferable lol. The team played their **** off two weeks in a row, give the man some credit for two pretty good wins in a row with a lot of noise after some tough losses.
Tell me more about the defense playing their **** off….. 587 yards of ****?

Advertisement
**** nah Im just miserable Manny still the coach and got the rah rah crew fooled again with 4 losses
LOL wtf is the rah rah crew? The fans that enjoy it when their team wins?

Alright man, you do you. Life is short. You can take sports too seriously and be miserable. You do you. I could care less.

I've had a great day. Sucks to be miserable you!

LOL wtf is the rah rah crew? The fans that enjoy it when their team wins?

Alright man, you do you. Life is short. You can take sports too seriously and be miserable. You do you. I could care less.

I've had a great day. Sucks to be miserable you!
I'm happy we won I still want Manny gone. Thing is I know how this goes that's the problem. Y'all know in your heart of hearts we going to trip up. Good thing is the next HC got a little something to work with but has work to do as soon as he hits ground

TAM beat Bama and would easily beat MSU. Georgia can beat Bama and easily beats MSU. MSU is having a great run but let’s not pretend they’re some powerhouse to boost up our loss.

OK - count MSU as a loss in the off-season. That puts you at 2 losses as our expectation. We’re at 4 now.

You’re using injuries to King, Harris, Bolden as an excuse to drop expectations to 7-8 wins. Congratulations, Manny has successfully fooled you. While everyone has been calling for the much more talented freshmen to see the field, you’re out here pretending those injuries were some big loss. You think King even comes close to trading shots with Pickett? You think Cam is the same playmaker as Knighton? You think Bolden makes the same tackle that Kam did? It’s the same as back in the offseason. People hoped Cam would have transferred so we could see the young backs. People knew about Kings throwing limitations but were just too afraid to say it. And there were some that hoped Bubba declared.
Yeah, King was good last year and he's been good for his career, and if he was healthy, I would still have expected 10 wins (counting the bowl). Throwing a freshman quarterback in there is going to result in growing pains and additional losses. That's how football works.

King getting hurt again and being out for the season resulted in the team losing games they would not have lost if he was healthy and playing at his peak. TVD has had a ridiculous fast learning curve so going forward I'm confident.

And to answer Cribby, The defense sucks. It's embarrassing. Hopefully it'll improve as the caliber of opposition goes down in the next 4 weeks. They just beat two top 20's teams back to back with the best defenses in the conference. Based on how they are playing now, I would guess they are around the back end of the top 20 in the country. So that's not bad. That's pretty good actually. Not what we expected, but good. I'm not making my mind up on Manny until the season is over. Even with the injuries and the youth, they should be able to beat Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Duke. FSU is a rivalry game on the road so who knows. All I am saying is that the injuries played a huge part in the early season disappointment and the schedule didn't do us any favors either. But if TVD is legit and the young players are legit and they somehow finish the conference at 6-2, If that means they win the coastal or not, then if it's my decision I'm bringing Manny back. And as a Canes fan I'm hoping like **** that they can salvage this season. It would be a great story.

Advertisement
Tell me more about the defense playing their **** off….. 587 yards of ****?
They did, I didn't say they were put in the best position to win by the staff, but they have been fighting hard to win, especially the offense and defensive youngins.

Shows how far this fan base has come. We are 4-4 after 8 games. And people wanna celebrate 🤣. Go root for the teams that we just beat like NC state and Pitt where 4-4 after 8 games is acceptable.

I understand but we have been playing better the last 4 Weeks, are we the Miami we saw against Michigan State or the one we saw the last two weeks? We're a play or two away from being 6-2. Next 4 games will tell a lot
We are also a play away from losing to App State and another play away from losing to NC State and maybe 2 or 3 plays away from losing to Pitt. As far as I'm concerned we've even out on those 50-50 type games to go 2-2.

Advertisement
Back