Please provide update on TVD immediately

If I'm TVD, i transfer to SMU for 1 year to put him big numbers with Lash before making the jump to NFL

That said, as a Miami fan, hope he comes back and we have a new OC. LOL at anyone who thinks Garcia or Brown is better than TVD. And i doubt Rashada is ready as true freshman next year

Advertisement
If I'm TVD, i transfer to SMU for 1 year to put him big numbers with Lash before making the jump to NFL

That said, as a Miami fan, hope he comes back and we have a new OC. LOL at anyone who thinks Garcia or Brown is better than TVD. And i doubt Rashada is ready as true freshman next year
TVD will have better options than SMU. SEC teams will call him. Letting Gattis go is the first step of recruiting TVD.

He did let 2 guys come off his blind side. Our starting center is out, so guess what,. TVD should be making the protection calls, not the guy who is starting his second game. The line protection slid right, he is supposed to know where the free pass rushers are coming from. He also held the ball on a play that was meant to be quick.

Yeah I was curious what he saw (besides someone who consistently fumbles) that made him hesitate and not get the ball out there. That screen actually looked setup properly on first watch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I would still take Garcia. **** he has the same receivers that can't get separation and took some smashes from that vaunted Duke line. Garcia has had two games in mop up and not working with ones and you expect more than you got. It is obvious this guy is the real deal and would succeed in any sort of competent offense.

I will give this to Garcia he spreads it around and gets more than 1 or 2 guys involved. TVD tends to lock into 1 guy, whether Restrepo before getting hurt, then Mallory, and then Young.

He also is not shy throwing. Has a very quick release too.

I will give this to Garcia he spreads it around and gets more than 1 or 2 guys involved. TVD tends to lock into 1 guy, whether Restrepo before getting hurt, then Mallory, and then Young.

He also is not shy throwing. Has a very quick release too.
I guess he was just spreading it around to the Duke players too?

Well people turned on TVD after a couple games even though he was unreal last season. 26 td’s in a tad over half a season. All that credit he built up was gone. 90% of the board was calling for Jake. Even though TVD was always decisively better. Then we have a poster on here putting out bs that Garcia was better and should be the guy. People bought that mess even though nobody that watches them daily would agree. From two different staffs.

Against the same opponents (same game), our O under Jake has scored more this yr than it did under TVD. Against MTSU, TVD contributed to 10 pts of scoring with Jake bringing us roaring back with 21 pts. We mostly ran out of time for him to complete the turnaround (and gave up some more bombs on D). The offense unquestionably sprang to life when Jake came in to relieve TVD.

Against Duke, TVD contributed to 7 pts of scoring and Jake contributed to 14 points of scoring. We were on the path to losing fairly badly under TVD. Jake turned it around quickly & gave us a lead. He did not cause the fumbles by Rooster or Keyshawn Smith which cost us the game. That was when the momentum shifted dramatically & the wheels started falling off in virtually every phase. He also didn't allow that time sapping drive to happen in the 3rd qtr. Jake was getting pummeled relentlessly by Duke due to really poor OL play. It's hardly surprising that his performance dipped with Duke's pass rushers coming unimpeded on virtually every play. Jake was the primary reason we got the momentum back and a lead in the Duke game (not TVD). Same opponent, same players, same weather, same day.

I'm not sure it really matters at this point who is better between TVD & Jake as TVD is injured.

I think Jake is a gamer who will do whatever he can to will us to victory. Jacurri can be used for certain packages but I don't think his passing game is sufficiently polished yet. He still needs time to develop as a passer. Jake's teammates seem to rally around him so let's all give him our support. If he can focus on scanning the field for the open man & making good decisions (not force things), he can be a very good QB for us. He needs much better protection though & needs more game reps to get timing down. It will also help him significantly, if he doesn't come in down by a wide margin already.

Advertisement
Back