Please provide update on TVD immediately

If he's very sore today, how can he heal enough to practice and start at UVA?

Start Jake and bring in Jaccuri for his plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Against the same opponents (same game), our O under Jake has scored more this yr than it did under TVD. Against MTSU, TVD contributed to 10 pts of scoring with Jake bringing us roaring back with 21 pts. We mostly ran out of time for him to complete the turnaround (and gave up some more bombs on D). The offense unquestionably sprang to life when Jake came in to relieve TVD.

Against Duke, TVD contributed to 7 pts of scoring and Jake contributed to 14 points of scoring. We were on the path to losing fairly badly under TVD. Jake turned it around quickly & gave us a lead. He did not cause the fumbles by Rooster or Keyshawn Smith which cost us the game. That was when the momentum shifted dramatically & the wheels started falling off in virtually every phase. He also didn't allow that time sapping drive to happen in the 3rd qtr. Jake was getting pummeled relentlessly by Duke due to really poor OL play. It's hardly surprising that his performance dipped with Duke's pass rushers coming unimpeded on virtually every play. Jake was the primary reason we got the momentum back and a lead in the Duke game (not TVD). Same opponent, same players, same weather, same day.

I'm not sure it really matters at this point who is better between TVD & Jake as TVD is injured.

I think Jake is a gamer who will do whatever he can to will us to victory. Jacurri can be used for certain packages but I don't think his passing game is sufficiently polished yet. He still needs time to develop as a passer. Jake's teammates seem to rally around him so let's all give him our support. If he can focus on scanning the field for the open man & making good decisions (not force things), he can be a very good QB for us. He needs much better protection though & needs more game reps to get timing down. It will also help him significantly, if he doesn't come in down by a wide margin already.
We don‘t know what Jake is capable of, the examples are too small. Gamer? Not sure how you come to that conclusion since he has yet to ‘will us to victory’. His momentum against Duke was one nice deep pass TD to Young and a quick second TD after a Duke turnover. He fell apart afterwards. Duke pass rush got to him, okay. He’ll need to learn to play under pressure, like all QBs.

We also need to remember TVD was far from great his first few starts.

CaneSport confirmed that Garcia will start at Virginia this weekend, with Tyler Van Dyke dealing with a shoulder injury. Per a source it’s expected Van Dyke will also miss the Florida State and Georgia Tech games before being re-evaluated to see if he can return to face a top Clemson defense.

We don‘t know what Jake is capable of, the examples are too small. Gamer? Not sure how you come to that conclusion since he has yet to ‘will us to victory’. His momentum against Duke was one nice deep pass TD to Young and a quick second TD after a Duke turnover. He fell apart afterwards. Duke pass rush got to him, okay. He’ll need to learn to play under pressure, like all QBs.

We also need to remember TVD was far from great his first few starts.
tvd had a better qb coach.

CaneSport confirmed that Garcia will start at Virginia this weekend, with Tyler Van Dyke dealing with a shoulder injury. Per a source it’s expected Van Dyke will also miss the Florida State and Georgia Tech games before being re-evaluated to see if he can return to face a top Clemson defense.

Was pretty clear watching the game Saturday that this was the case. For sure at least a couple week injury. Probably a sprained AC joint, should be 100% in 3-4 weeks but this is Jake’s team for now. Giddy up. I’m interested to see what he can do with first team reps in practice and knowing it’s his show. He’s clearly talented enough. Maybe preparing all week as the starter and getting essentially a warm up game bodes well for FSU. We’ll see. I doubt we see TVD before Clemson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was pretty clear watching the game Saturday that this was the case. For sure at least a couple week injury. Probably a sprained AC joint, should be 100% in 3-4 weeks but this is Jake’s team for now. Giddy up. I’m interested to see what he can do with first team reps in practice and knowing it’s his show. He’s clearly talented enough. Maybe preparing all week as the starter and getting essentially a warm up game bodes well for FSU. We’ll see. I doubt we see TVD before Clemson.
Agree, let’s see what Jake can do. There will certainly be difficulties. Maybe by halftime at UVA Jake will be anointed at Savior, or struggle and make Jaccuri the next Favorite Backup.

I think it was hilarious watching CIS hold its collective breath after the first 2 TDs Garcia threw. You had the Garcia hopefuls ready to proclaim him the next 1st round pick. Then you had the TVD apologists praying it went downhill. Says a lot about this fanbase.
****, I just want to win. **** the rest of dat ****! I wouldn’t gaf if a 3 legged squirrel was put in the game… as long as his *** could get that ball in the endzone!

Advertisement
Back