Please no Coley, Richt

Coley in a recruiting capacity perhaps, but nowhere near the offense.

People suddenly want to sang some tune as if it was someone else fault he sucked at calling plays. Calling off the dogs and being a predictable wr screen calling PoS are 2 different things. People who know nothing about football can see how obvious he was at what was coming next.

Agreed. He should have nothing to do with running an offense.

Advertisement
Richt is calling plays. Coley is bringing in great QB talent. What's the problem?

Is Coley the only guy in the country that can recruit QB's?

If Mark wants to call plays great. Yet Coley has no need to be around a QB our an offense. I don't see him bringing anything to the table. Dorsey would be an major improvement in that area. Richt will bring in talent so Coley isn't going to make or break that area.

Richt got plenty of QBs to UGA so that isn't an issue.

If Mark wants to call plays great. Yet Coley has no need to be around a QB our an offense. I don't see him bringing anything to the table. Dorsey would be an major improvement in that area. Richt will bring in talent so Coley isn't going to make or break that area.

Dorsey would be dumb to come to Miami and not call plays. It's a downgrade for him.

Coley has a true eye for QBs and he can sign them. That's a major asset given the importance of the QB position. If Richt is running the show offensively, how does Coley hurt you?

He has never even called a play yet. I understand people on this forum seem to think he is going to be the next great OC, but he isn't yet and hasn't been an OC for it to be a downgrade. Dorsey the QB coach that has never called a play is snubbing his nose, but Coley who has and would have to lose that responsibility is cool with it?

Richt would calling plays from a playbook that consists of 6 plays. Coley is no QB whisperer and is not the only guy that can recruit QB's. I like you D, but you live in a fairy tale land believing Coley is the only guy that can spot QB's. Richt has had his far share of QB's to come through Athens and i am positive that Coley had nothing to do with it.

He took your beloved greatest QB in the past 20 years and made him look like complete ****?

As the QB coach of a successful offense, he's in line for an NFL OC gig. He will only go back to college to call plays.

Coley isn't the only guy who can spot QBs but he has proven he can do it. How does he hurt us with Richt controlling the offense? That's my thing. What's the downside? The upside is a steady stream of QB talent.

I understand you are out in the **** but you are too close and cannot be objective when it is clear that Coley has no sense when it comes to being an OC/QB coach. The response is what could it hurt? Will what could it hurt if Nix is named OC, Richt is calling the plays?

Richt can get the QB's and that is a fact. So what is the point of having a sub par play designer and QB coach?

Seems to be a pattern with D lately. I don't get it either. We can do better at OC and get someone proven.

Richt is calling plays. Coley is bringing in great QB talent. What's the problem?

Dorsey would be dumb to come to Miami and not call plays. It's a downgrade for him.

Coley has a true eye for QBs and he can sign them. That's a major asset given the importance of the QB position. If Richt is running the show offensively, how does Coley hurt you?

Richt hasn't called plays since 2006, does that worry anyone else?

IMO, he has to put together a monster staff.

No. He was the offensive coordinator at FSU and had the #1 offense in the nation 5 times during his tenure. I'm pretty sure Richt understands offensive football.

Reread his post.

He has never even called a play yet. I understand people on this forum seem to think he is going to be the next great OC, but he isn't yet and hasn't been an OC for it to be a downgrade. Dorsey the QB coach that has never called a play is snubbing his nose, but Coley who has and would have to lose that responsibility is cool with it?

Richt would calling plays from a playbook that consists of 6 plays. Coley is no QB whisperer and is not the only guy that can recruit QB's. I like you D, but you live in a fairy tale land believing Coley is the only guy that can spot QB's. Richt has had his far share of QB's to come through Athens and i am positive that Coley had nothing to do with it.

He took your beloved greatest QB in the past 20 years and made him look like complete ****?

As the QB coach of a successful offense, he's in line for an NFL OC gig. He will only go back to college to call plays.

Coley isn't the only guy who can spot QBs but he has proven he can do it. How does he hurt us with Richt controlling the offense? That's my thing. What's the downside? The upside is a steady stream of QB talent.

I understand you are out in the **** but you are too close and cannot be objective when it is clear that Coley has no sense when it comes to being an OC/QB coach. The response is what could it hurt? Will what could it hurt if Nix is named OC, Richt is calling the plays?

Richt can get the QB's and that is a fact. So what is the point of having a sub par play designer and QB coach?

Seems to be a pattern with D lately. I don't get it either. We can do better at OC and get someone proven.

What strikes me odd and i am not saying these are D's words but this board in general. Prior to today people were wanting to purge the entire staff. It was pretty **** close to unanimous. Now we got if Richt calls the play lets keep the guy we know sucks donkey balls.

Blake gets tore apart along with the admin for this soft thinking but new coach is hired and fans feel lets keep em around.

Advertisement

What strikes me odd and i am not saying these are D's words but this board in general. Prior to today people were wanting to purge the entire staff. It was pretty **** close to unanimous. Now we got if Richt calls the play lets keep the guy we know sucks donkey balls.

Blake gets tore apart along with the admin for this soft thinking but new coach is hired and fans feel lets keep em around.

I don't get it either. Lead paint chips are not meant to be eaten.

Seems like Coach Coley might be a secret inside informant for Pete and D$, and they want to keep that line in place...

Please no Randy Shannon.

Are you kidding me? A broyles winning coach was a top DC and you would not want him as your CO-DC and LB coach

Extremely overrated. His vanilla/conservative Defense got worse once Butch's players left. **** that! Besides, Randy was part of the problem, not the solution, in Miami. Enough is enough.

Advertisement
Mark Richt the playcaller is a savage.

Mark Richt the figure head is ho hum.

I think we are getting the playcaller.

Under Richt’s direction, Florida State had some of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses on five occasions, were top twelve in total offense five times and top twelve in passing offense five times. The 2000 Seminoles offense finished the regular season ranked first nationally in total offense (549.0 yards per game), first in passing offense (384.0 ypg) and third in scoring offense (42.4 points per game).

During his tenure as an assistant coach at Florida State, Richt coached two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke respectively and was part of two national championships (1993 and 1999).[3]

Richt got plenty of QBs to UGA so that isn't an issue.

Georgia's QB situation over the past 3 years is what got him fired. With a good QB, UGA wins the east

not to bash richt but coley in his two years has picked better quarterbacks than richt did his whole career..

If Richt thinks that Coley can provide a valuable service, then why not keep him on staff in some capacity? I don't see the downside either. AS LONG AS HE'S NOT CALLING PLAYS!!!!

Like I saw mentioned earlier in the thread...I think it was obvious that Coley can formulate a game plan and script plays well, as we always seemed to come out firing. Presumably that is due to his ability to identify tendencies and exploit weaknesses that show up on film. His downfall was always as the game went along, and defenses changed what they were doing. His playcalling did not seem to keep up with the defensive adjustments and we sputtered in the second half of games - being asked to grind clock by the dumb *** CEO at the time didn't help either.

But if Richt believes that he can provide a service as a QB coach and recruiter, I don't particularly see a downside to that.

Advertisement
Mark Richt the playcaller is a savage.

Mark Richt the figure head is ho hum.

I think we are getting the playcaller.

Under Richt’s direction, Florida State had some of college football's most explosive offenses. In his seven years as offensive coordinator the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses on five occasions, were top twelve in total offense five times and top twelve in passing offense five times. The 2000 Seminoles offense finished the regular season ranked first nationally in total offense (549.0 yards per game), first in passing offense (384.0 ypg) and third in scoring offense (42.4 points per game).

During his tenure as an assistant coach at Florida State, Richt coached two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke respectively and was part of two national championships (1993 and 1999).[3]

That is my hope as well. If he does call play, I think it will keep him more engaged and relight that fire.

Advertisement
Richt has been developing QBs for almost 20 years...at FSU and UGA. I don't see a need for Coley.

So if Richt is gonna be taking a hands on approach with the QBs then our QB coach's coaching prowess isn't as important. Why not keep a great recruiter on the staff in that position then?

You want to get rid of an asset in recruiting and replace him with a better coach that's going to be marginalized due to Richt's hands on approach, why? Because Coley is a bad play caller?

Get out of your feelings.

James Coley is a great recruiter?

Coley's problem is calling plays. Nobody ever wanted him back as a playcaller.

Advertisement
Back