Plays that you want to see Miami run.

Bender

Premium
This is a thread about some of your favourite plays that you want to see in Miamis offense. Figured, since we have some former players, coaches and current coaches on this platform, it would be nice to see what kind of plays you have either seen or coached throughout the years that were some of your favourite plays.

My take would be the Oklahoma Counter Trey. Lincoln Riley runs that play up and down everyones throat for some time now and teams still havent figured it out because he keeps adding little things to the counter concept and runs a ****load of RPOs off of it. I am sure that some in here have watched the 2020 Cotton Bowl, Florida had no chance of stopping it at any point. https://spreadoffensefootball.com/oklahomas-counter-trey-variations/

Advertisement
Flanker screen a U classic play with Santana Moss type receiver when checked off to at LOS reading a BLITZ .

QB will take a hit , he must hold pass till last second till receiver cuts his route off and glides approaching middle off field LB area .

Receiver hit afterburner the exact time ball arrives usually it will be a floater type pass due to QB holding till he’s about to get hit waiting for flanker to clear between LB and secondary.

When this sucker is checked off to perfect read BOOM HOME RUN HIGHLIGHT for top 10 play on ESPN.

A Cane EPIC classic play

GOCANES

bowl GIF

Advertisement
This is a thread about some of your favourite plays that you want to see in Miamis offense. Figured, since we have some former players, coaches and current coaches on this platform, it would be nice to see what kind of plays you have either seen or coached throughout the years that were some of your favourite plays.

My take would be the Oklahoma Counter Trey. Lincoln Riley runs that play up and down everyones throat for some time now and teams still havent figured it out because he keeps adding little things to the counter concept and runs a ****load of RPOs off of it. I am sure that some in here have watched the 2020 Cotton Bowl, Florida had no chance of stopping it at any point. https://spreadoffensefootball.com/oklahomas-counter-trey-variations/
That play would be tougher to work with the OL we have, do just install a play like this, you need personelle that you've recruited to be able to establish that play, i.e., more athletic OTs and OGs.
Furthermore the counter-trey RPO is part of a series of plays, not solely one that you run.

What I'm saying is, installing the exact same play would change Lashlee offense entirely.

With what we have, I'd just like to see a little bit more Under plays with a bootleg plays. As frustratingly painful it was to watch Mark Richt call a very vanilla offense, he called this play at perfect times and its extremely simple and rolls into what Lashlee has.

Advertisement
Better execution on the zone read. That would make the entire offense open up.

Oh, wait this is CIS. Ummm....fullback in the flats, bro. Always works bro

Incorporate some triple option. Cam/Chaney on the inside give and Rooster as the pitchman. Can utilize a WR in motion as the pitchman also.

I also like the RPO version of the triple option where the WR is set against the out of bounds line. Run a normal read option/zone read and if the QB keeps and CB commits to the QB he floats a pass to the wide open WR.

Saw the heading and was going to say the Counter Trey (Old Redskins Versions), but you already covered it.
Then my suggestion is:
1. Short motion with a hook to occupy the LB. X Post Y Belly(swing)
2. Back offset (left or right). Runs go up the seam. Slot runs a 10 yd break to sideline and WR runs a 7 yd crossing route under all that. first read is back up seam. Second read is the slot out. Third is the WR crossing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Of all the plays in football , your in the huddle and your QB sees the O-line bloody noses scratched up bleeding dripping sweat puffing like a freight train breathing grunting RUN IT RUN IT DAMIT RUN IT.

Mad Dog Jim Mandich something like that pumps the whole team up.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back