Plays that you want to see Miami run.

Advertisement
Incorporate some triple option. Cam/Chaney on the inside give and Rooster as the pitchman. Can utilize a WR in motion as the pitchman also.

I also like the RPO version of the triple option where the WR is set against the out of bounds line. Run a normal read option/zone read and if the QB keeps and CB commits to the QB he floats a pass to the wide open WR.

I just don't understand why more teams don't go into the triple option more if it's so hard to stop for teams that don't prepare for it.

I just don't understand why more teams don't go into the triple option more if it's so hard to stop for teams that don't prepare for it.

I don't know how sustainable it is over the course of a season (I'm talking like how Oregon used to run it out of the spread vs flexbone). Coaches are very concerned about getting their QBs hurt especially if it's not their normal bread and butter within the offense as well as the potential for turnovers. I think it's a good wrinkle to throw in games provided you can run a variety of plays out of the 2 back set to keep the defense guessing. One of Lashlee's strengths is being able to set up homerun plays so if we go 2 back set, he'll know when to call the triple option and even counters off of that. We have King for another year, we should be maximizing his full skill set.

Wishbone/triple option has to be your foundation if you want to run it. If you're not repping those backfield exchanges every day in practice you'll be fumbling the ball all over the place. So it's too resource-consuming to dabble in it.

To answer OP's question: G-lead on short-yardage and goal line. It's the best short-yardage running play and teams like OSU go to it time and time again. And I'd generally like to see more reduced WR splits so we can run rub routes, switch releases and deep crossers more effectively.

Advertisement
AdmiredNervousBird-size_restricted.gif

I say we give this one another try it is bound to work this time around

This is a thread about some of your favourite plays that you want to see in Miamis offense. Figured, since we have some former players, coaches and current coaches on this platform, it would be nice to see what kind of plays you have either seen or coached throughout the years that were some of your favourite plays.

My take would be the Oklahoma Counter Trey. Lincoln Riley runs that play up and down everyones throat for some time now and teams still havent figured it out because he keeps adding little things to the counter concept and runs a ****load of RPOs off of it. I am sure that some in here have watched the 2020 Cotton Bowl, Florida had no chance of stopping it at any point. https://spreadoffensefootball.com/oklahomas-counter-trey-variations/
Lashlee actually ran it last year. 5:55 mark you can watch Jarrid Williams pull and run around like a peewee player with no idea what to do.

Looks like we will see it again as they ran it in spring. Here's a screen capture. Coutner Trey to the right this time with Clark kicking out and Zion on the wrap to the Will.
1621187985316.png

Wishbone/triple option has to be your foundation if you want to run it. If you're not repping those backfield exchanges every day in practice you'll be fumbling the ball all over the place. So it's too resource-consuming to dabble in it.

To answer OP's question: G-lead on short-yardage and goal line. It's the best short-yardage running play and teams like OSU go to it time and time again. And I'd generally like to see more reduced WR splits so we can run rub routes, switch releases and deep crossers more effectively.
you can run a bastardized version of it though. Zone read with orbit motion for the pitch man. Definitely see speed option out of zone principles nowadays. Bubble off zone read replaced triple many moons ago in the spread offense.

Personally, I want to see more of the elongated toss Lashlee dialed up against NC State. Football is now Tempo and leverage. This was a really good design.

2:20 mark.

When I was a kid a hundred or so years ago, if our QB was not timing up we ran what we called a buttonhook. Got our QB into rhythm by making the passes easy and precise to a spot.

Advertisement
Lashlee actually ran it last year. 5:55 mark you can watch Jarrid Williams pull and run around like a peewee player with no idea what to do.

Looks like we will see it again as they ran it in spring. Here's a screen capture. Coutner Trey to the right this time with Clark kicking out and Zion on the wrap to the Will. View attachment 146879

We ran counter in the spring game and had some creases here and there. Should become a staple run play imo and it looks like its going to be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a thread about some of your favourite plays that you want to see in Miamis offense. Figured, since we have some former players, coaches and current coaches on this platform, it would be nice to see what kind of plays you have either seen or coached throughout the years that were some of your favourite plays.

My take would be the Oklahoma Counter Trey. Lincoln Riley runs that play up and down everyones throat for some time now and teams still havent figured it out because he keeps adding little things to the counter concept and runs a ****load of RPOs off of it. I am sure that some in here have watched the 2020 Cotton Bowl, Florida had no chance of stopping it at any point. https://spreadoffensefootball.com/oklahomas-counter-trey-variations/
Half back toss out of the I formation with rooster and Chaney as the backs with that big kid who played in the spring at fullback!

Use the middle of the field. Get our TE’s flanked out and create mismatches. But, we don’t use the middle of the field enough. I would also like to see our tempo matched with some hard counts. Create some free plays + a free five yards

That guy Bo Jackson was un freggin believable along w/ Lawrence Taylor! John Elway goes to the back of the end zone, just to throw the ball out of the end zone opposite field (eat ur heart out JaMarcus). Dallas Cowboys was weak af. Lol. Man I miss Tecmo Bowl!

Advertisement
Back