Plays that you want to see Miami run.

That guy Bo Jackson was un freggin believable along w/ Lawrence Taylor! John Elway goes to the back of the end zone, just to throw the ball out of the end zone opposite field (eat ur heart out JaMarcus). Dallas Cowboys was weak af. Lol. Man I miss Tecmo Bowl!

My G, you forgot the 2 best players on the game. Barry Sanders and Christian Okoye. They were gods on that game

Advertisement
That guy Bo Jackson was un freggin believable along w/ Lawrence Taylor! John Elway goes to the back of the end zone, just to throw the ball out of the end zone opposite field (eat ur heart out JaMarcus). Dallas Cowboys was weak af. Lol. Man I miss Tecmo Bowl!
I'm not into gaming anymore but my son has a Nintendo Switch and you can download a bunch of old NES, SNES etc. games, including Tecmo Bowl. If you've ever played Madden or NCAA on a PS3 or newer system the gameplay on Tecmo Bowl is obviously a huge step back, but for a little nostalgia it's pretty fun. And yeah, I picked the Raiders and whooped his *** with Bo.

Advertisement
Go routes seem to work in Madden

Pope and Wiggins just have to remember to press the Y button
The "Y" button is aggressive catch....they def hold "X" which is RAC catch which leads to int's in madden if you dont have separation and has lead to int's here...because they dont get separation lol

Advertisement
I love that play where King gives a hard jabstep and dumps it off to a rb or tight end who is wide open. Worked twice against Pitt and once against Louisville for tds, and then a few times in the bowl game when Perry was in.

Plays that you want to see Miami run

Whatever this one's called

1) RB dives up the middle behind an OL that couldnt get push at a girl scout meeting
2) 30 sec delayed "havoc" LB blitz thst start from at least 15 yds off LoS
3) Halfback passes in the snow
4) Malik Rosier wounded-duck two-hoppers on 15-yard out routes

Advertisement
NOT running QB draws on 3rd and 15.

Running plays that get first downs on 3rd down instead of going for a LONG TD when a receiver has NO separation on the DB.

Advertisement
Let me get my crayons and 4 year old. We'll scheme up something for Bama.

Smash (allll the Smash)

Y-stick ISO

RPO with QB lead (Oklahoma ran it with Hurts)

Lots and lots of jet motion, even with decoy

Orbit motion, even as decoy

Design the offense around RPO rules where can block downfield

Mesh variations

Outside zone RPO’s

Counter-lead out of split zone

I could go all day but this is how I’d build my offense.

This is a thread about some of your favourite plays that you want to see in Miamis offense. Figured, since we have some former players, coaches and current coaches on this platform, it would be nice to see what kind of plays you have either seen or coached throughout the years that were some of your favourite plays.

My take would be the Oklahoma Counter Trey. Lincoln Riley runs that play up and down everyones throat for some time now and teams still havent figured it out because he keeps adding little things to the counter concept and runs a ****load of RPOs off of it. I am sure that some in here have watched the 2020 Cotton Bowl, Florida had no chance of stopping it at any point. https://spreadoffensefootball.com/oklahomas-counter-trey-variations/
Spider 2 Y banana

Advertisement
Back