Playing Bama is Another Poor Business Decision

Advertisement
Stop it. Miami will have the most talent on the field in years. FL hung with them until the end for Christ sake.

Advertisement
We better show out in the bowl as it isn't a good look if we lose the bowl game and follow that up with Bama thrashing us.

I don't like the game. I don't see it being close, we aren't there yet and there's a lot of variables between now and then. Maybe we shock the world, who knows. I wouldn't bet on it, but it could happen.

Does anyone remember what shape we were in when the game was scheduled?

We’ve been having at least 3 game losing streaks for quite some time now. If we lose this bowl game then Bama, Manny will just be continuing the theme, that both he & his predecessors are infamous for.

Team will be hyped all off season come out talking **** like they always do, they’ll 100% be a few scuffles and we’ll lose by at least 21. We’ll get a sack down 21 and celebrate.

We are not beating Alabama next year to open the season. Lets be real. Best case we put on a decent showing and get out of there with no injuries. Worst case is much much worse. I don't see any upside. The Canes still draw a tv audience, we dont need Bama for that. Its easy to call me a p _ _ y for saying this but in the end college football is a business and this is another poor business decision. Bama gets another opportunity to play against a marquee brand (thank you 1983 - 2003) on national tv that it will be favored by double digits over. The imbalance in college football has been well documented. There are maybe 6 elite programs, and we are a long way off from competing on that level. Not saying we schedule the little sisters of the poor outside of the ACC, but we need wins, not a$$ whippings. Couple more 9+ win seasons, couple more top 10 recruiting classes, and capable quarterback play and we can start electing to play one of the top 6. Otherwise, lets get W's.
Yes we will likely get blown out vs Baga but the poor business decision isn't scheduling them. Failing to put together a staff that can compete with competent programs for 20 years is truly poor business. We should be in a position to play anyone anywhere every year. No reasonable fan believes this to be the case currently.

We are not beating Alabama next year to open the season. Lets be real. Best case we put on a decent showing and get out of there with no injuries. Worst case is much much worse. I don't see any upside. The Canes still draw a tv audience, we dont need Bama for that. Its easy to call me a p _ _ y for saying this but in the end college football is a business and this is another poor business decision. Bama gets another opportunity to play against a marquee brand (thank you 1983 - 2003) on national tv that it will be favored by double digits over. The imbalance in college football has been well documented. There are maybe 6 elite programs, and we are a long way off from competing on that level. Not saying we schedule the little sisters of the poor outside of the ACC, but we need wins, not a$$ whippings. Couple more 9+ win seasons, couple more top 10 recruiting classes, and capable quarterback play and we can start electing to play one of the top 6. Otherwise, lets get W's.

Advertisement
Playing Bama is a great business decision. When they put up 100 points on Manny & we maybe score 3 points or a TD in garbage time it should expedite the termination process & the program will have a chance to hit the reset button. Hopefully the autists who have made the last decision are not involved. Imagine what Bamas front 7 will do to this roster.

1608733105214.gif

does glass joe belong in the ring with Mike Tyson? This is the same program which uses big losses as annual excuses to give up on entire seasons, so I’d say that’s worse than nOt scheduling games against top 2 teams. We’ll play Clemson in 2022 I think too, along with the aggies...it’s stupid for James to write checks his hiring ability can’t cash

Miami fans: We'Re PlaYIng WaGneRRRRRR??!?!?! OMGGGGGGGGG. FIRE JAMES!!!

Also Miami fans: We'Re PlaYiNG BaMA?!!?!?!?! OMGGGGGGG. FIRE JAMES!!

So, according to the ******* cavemen on this dumbass site, there's about 7 teams we can schedule OOC games with, correct? Can someone send those to the AD so we can make sure that everyone is happy???

Advertisement
I like our chances to make it a game if King returns. We will be a better team next season.
I don't see it. We will be thin at DE, and our LB situation is unpleasant to say the least. The pressure on the secondary will be really hard for them to handle.

As for King, I don't think he is able to carry the load being asked of him. I don't know that ANY QB could. His supporting cast is not going to be a lot better next year.

Advertisement
I don't see it. We will be thin at DE, and our LB situation is unpleasant to say the least. The pressure on the secondary will be really hard for them to handle.

As for King, I don't think he is able to carry the load being asked of him. I don't know that ANY QB could. His supporting cast is not going to be a lot better next year.
Problem is Bama has blown away most of the teams they played, which means their second and third stringers have played a lot. I think we were able to get our second and Third stringers played at Duke only.

Alabama is a measuring stick, and we need to play those kinds of games. So I'm for playing it, no question.

Saying that, though, let's be real. Alabama is more talented than us at EVERY position on the field. Their starters are all 5-stars who beat out other 5-stars to earn their starting spots. Iron sharpening iron at every spot. Add to that, they have three times as many coaches, and their head coach is one of the best to ever coach the college game.

The talent and coaching gap between Alabama and Miami is bigger than the gap between Miami and Temple.

This won't be competitive. Still, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Hopefully this game doesn't kill recruiting before it even gets started :

IF King returns, we should be able to score on them. The gator put 46 on them and Ole **** put 48 on them early in their season. The problem will be stopping them. NO ONE stopped their O.

If you could pick 1 week out of the last decade to play Alabama I would be picking week 1 2021. Losing 3/5 starting OL, replacing their QB, 2 RBs, top 2 WRs, 3/4 of their secondary, a LB, and 2 on the DL.

They always reload but it’s college and there’s growing pains. Their defense showed they could be vulnerable and have been a play away from losing a few times to good offenses.

We’re not winning the game but we might be able to save ourselves from embarrassment. Hope Bryce Young makes a few mistakes in his first career start.

Advertisement
Back