Players You Wish Were Canes

Lawrence Taylor, no way a guy with his dominance and swag level should have played for a basketball school...

Advertisement
We might have won titles with Tebow if Urban Meyer came here with him, but with our staff and team from '06-'09 I seriously doubt we would have contended. Tebow needs a specific style of offense and coaches who know what to do with it.
Our staff didn't even know when to call timeouts.

Never heard of Leon Sandcastle.

Never heard of Wayne Brady, either. So I don't know how some people say white people love him.

I guess he had something to do with this guy Chapelle (whom we never offered), somebody I never saw.

I thought Negrodamus was somebody created by a troll on this board until I found out he was a Chapelle guy.

We should have gotten all three of these guys. We wouldn't have won, but it would have been a riot to watch them.

This is pretty much a summary of all the wisdom I've picked up on this board over the last month.

First off I'd like to say all of Luke's kids that Shannon & Golden ****ted on, ******* who don't like it...with that out the way:

Antonio Brown
John Brown
Elvis Peacock
Bruce Armstrong
Antoine Winfield
Randy Moss
Marcus Dupree
Major Harris
Joe Namath
Mike Vick
Desmond Howard

Advertisement
A lot of dudes in this thread wash their Girl’s boyfriend’s clothes.

Real considerate bunch.

Remember to go light on the starch fellas.

I dont know why yall say that over & over. #1 i dont care who the **** we had with alfraud at the rains. We werent going anywhere close towards really being back. To make it worse all that wouldve done is insure his stay here is longer than it was. #2 sony was coming here until he started taking officials and realized how bad our facilities were... wouldve been great if he was like duke an a cane through and through who realized its about more than facilities. But that wasnt him at all. Our dorms & facilities caused alot of kids to look into other schools. On a side note i did find it funny that a week or so into practice (few weeks back) sony was out here with us and two of his boys at a closed practice. If i remember right he had a particular recruit with him.

Sony took cash and a lot of it. $200,000 to be exact. I know two people that accounted for $50,000 of that total amount.........

We completed the
I dont know why yall say that over & over. #1 i dont care who the **** we had with alfraud at the rains. We werent going anywhere close towards really being back. To make it worse all that wouldve done is insure his stay here is longer than it was. #2 sony was coming here until he started taking officials and realized how bad our facilities were... wouldve been great if he was like duke an a cane through and through who realized its about more than facilities. But that wasnt him at all. Our dorms & facilities caused alot of kids to look into other schools. On a side note i did find it funny that a week or so into practice (few weeks back) sony was out here with us and two of his boys at a closed practice. If i remember right he had a particular recruit with him.

Sony took cash. He accepted $200,000 from the 'Dawgs. I know two people that contributed $50,000 of the $200,000 payment. We did not have an IPF during his recruitment but the Schwartz Center was complete. Have you seen the 'Dawgs' facilities? I have and their dorms are better than UM's, but Greentree and the Schwartz Center are better than Georgia's facilities. (A Haitian family does not leave the confines of Miami unless someone proffers sizable monetary sums.)
------------------------------------
"There also is the new Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence, which opened in August 2013 as part of the university’s Hecht Athletic Center. Reportedly worth $14.7 million, the 34,000-square-foot Schwartz Center serves as “the new front door” for the university’s heralded football program, Ms. Gavarrete said. "

Sony took cash and a lot of it. $200,000 to be exact. I know two people that accounted for $50,000 of that total amount.........

We completed the

Sony took cash. He accepted $200,000 from the 'Dawgs. I know two people that contributed $50,000 of the $200,000 payment. We did not have an IPF during his recruitment but the Schwartz Center was complete. Have you seen the 'Dawgs' facilities? I have and their dorms are better than UM's, but Greentree and the Schwartz Center are better than Georgia's facilities. (A Haitian family does not leave the confines of Miami unless someone proffers sizable monetary sums.)
------------------------------------
"There also is the new Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence, which opened in August 2013 as part of the university’s Hecht Athletic Center. Reportedly worth $14.7 million, the 34,000-square-foot Schwartz Center serves as “the new front door” for the university’s heralded football program, Ms. Gavarrete said. "
Im perfectly aware of what sony got. Not debating that in the least. My comment was about this ignorance saying rumph was responsible for sony going elsewhere and its nonsense. Mike certainly had plenty of remarks about the old staff destroying our program same as all of us felt. But beyond that its nonsense to say he was ever helping other places recruit against us or make any deals for kids. Also at the time of his recruitment ugas facilities as a whole were night and day against ours. We were just opening up the new facility into his senior season & honestly the only improvement it gave us was a weightroom and practice locker room.

Advertisement
A lot of dudes in this thread wash their Girl’s boyfriend’s clothes.

Real considerate bunch.

Remember to go light on the starch fellas.

Hmmmm no offense ok....

But you do seem to know a lot about these guys....and about what they wash

And that's just the way I have my laundry done.

Ahhhh....Maybe its just a coincidence..... Man.this is kinda awkward

So thanks?

Last edited:
Can you imagine if derrick wouldve been a part of any cane squad from those days. Dont remember his years exactly but i think that wouldve put him in the bermuda triangle.

DT's rookie year was 89 with Kansas City, came out in the same draft with Aikman, Barry and Deion Sanders. So he was a few years ahead of the Bermuda Triangle who started as a trio in 91 and 92

DT's rookie year was 89 with Kansas City, came out in the same draft with Aikman, Barry and Deion Sanders. So he was a few years ahead of the Bermuda Triangle who started as a trio in 91 and 92
Figured it was a lil off but thanks for reminding me. Memory starts to slip in my old age & i usually dont like to fact check on google.

Advertisement
Figured it was a lil off but thanks for reminding me. Memory starts to slip in my old age & i usually dont like to fact check on google.

It's interesting about Thomas, who put up monster sack numbers his last two years at Bama, I remember Jimmy Johnson really didn't like blitzing all that much(save for the 88 opener on Labor Day weekend vs FSU, which totally caught Bowden off-guard and he called JJ a 'defensive genius' after that game) and after Jimmy left for Dallas, Sonny Lubick's defenses really didn't blitz all that much.

I still say Darrin Smith was the best OLB(I believe 'the Mad Stork' was more of a DE but if not, 'the Flash' is still top 3 to these slanted eyes) this program has had and Armstead was the #1 recruit in the country in 89 and was still very good in that system despite some injuries. They were really good in space and held the edge well in the run game. Those guys fit perfectly for what UM was doing defensively back then perfectly. But then, if you have Thomas, maybe you do more edge pressures for him

It's interesting about Thomas, who put up monster sack numbers his last two years at Bama, I remember Jimmy Johnson really didn't like blitzing all that much(save for the 88 opener on Labor Day weekend vs FSU, which totally caught Bowden off-guard and he called JJ a 'defensive genius' after that game) and after Jimmy left for Dallas, Sonny Lubick's defenses really didn't blitz all that much.

I still say Darrin Smith was the best OLB(I believe 'the Mad Stork' was more of a DE but if not, 'the Flash' is still top 3 to these slanted eyes) this program has had and Armstead was the #1 recruit in the country in 89 and was still very good in that system despite some injuries. They were really good in space and held the edge well in the run game. Those guys fit perfectly for what UM was doing defensively back then perfectly. But then, if you have Thomas, maybe you do more edge pressures for him
Yeah. Back than we were all about front four and creating havoc with them everyone elses role was in space or run blitzing to a slim extent. But jimmy was all about putting the best possible players #1 on the field & #2 in a position to succeed.

Advertisement
Best LB in his era after Lawrence Taylor.

A great LB.

This is a fun hypothetical question.....for me, most of the obvious ones are from FSU - Dalvin Cook, DSanders, and Warrick Dunn.

Also, we really should have found a way to get CJ Spiller on the team. How did we let that one slide by?

Bosworth would have fit in on the team as far as mentality, no doubt......but would he have even seen the field under Jimmy? I'm unsure if he was fast enough to fit the JJ-linebacker mold.

Calvin Johnson would have looked good as a Cane.

Advertisement
Back