Players who still need to make their decision.

Advertisement
Allow me to make the decision for McCloud, Carter, and Jennings:

go away gtfo GIF

Advertisement
Let all of them go but Nesta.

I'd be happy to let others take those schollies.
We have struggled to fill our 85 man roster for a decade, and are limited on new scholarships by the initial counter rules, not the 85 man roster limit. Kids leaving early is a part of the roster management problem we haven't yet solved. We don't need kids to go early. We need other kids to step up and increase the competition and level of play.

Right? We want a bunch of non-NFL guys on the team. That's how you win games.
Actually..if you got off reality, yes plenty of programs have had far better success then us with far less NFL talent on their rosters since 05. The problem for us the last 3 coaches has been:

Shannon: development, game day coaching and recruiting

Golden: development, taking guys who aren’t Miami or p5?caliber to fill a recruiting class

richt: not willing to cut ties on one side of the ball when it was clear a change was needed.
Manny might not be the guy in the end but at least he’s not falling into the same trap as the previous. Nobody we signed this cycle and frankly last cycle can we look and say we reached. When there was a problem on O he addressed it. When his best recruiter left, he seemingly upgraded that spot. Even after a distant szn he clearly doesn’t plan on staying pact. Now he’s got a few more staffing decisions to make on the Dline and rather our not there’s a DC available who he feels will be the right fit and a upgrade. All signs point to the fact he’s willing to address issues

We have struggled to fill our 85 man roster for a decade, and are limited on new scholarships by the initial counter rules, not the 85 man roster limit. Kids leaving early is a part of the roster management problem we haven't yet solved. We don't need kids to go early. We need other kids to step up and increase the competition and level of play.
We need to recruit better ANNUALLY that’s how you address the competition issue we’ve had

Advertisement
We need to recruit better ANNUALLY that’s how you address the competition issue we’ve had
Recruit better in the following senses:

- evaluate prospects better
- sign more of the right prospects
- fill our roster needs better from all sources (HS, juco, transfers, PWO)
- retain our draft-eligible kids at a much higher rate

I’m worried about Payton transferring. I still believe in his talent but all the hype we heard about him this off season and for him to barely play when we probably had our worst group of receivers I’ve seen since I’ve been a fan scares me.
Payton has talent, his work ethic is very questionable.

Honestly I thought I saw where Jarrid Williams (RT) was gone to the draft, but maybe I’m wrong.

Advertisement
If any of those guys leave, we don’t get their spots back. “Opening up a scholarship” means nothing when you can only sign 25 incoming players. We used an IC for 2021 to bring in Jarrid Williams last year. We signed 21 players on early signing day. We have three spots remaining for transfers or incoming high school recruits no matter how many people leave the program.

Honestly I thought I saw where Jarrid Williams (RT) was gone to the draft, but maybe I’m wrong.
Everything I’ve read/heard has said he’s not interested in playing another year. Although he hasn’t made an official decision. Personally, I think he needs to run it back because he’s not getting drafted this year but you never know what kids are thinking.

Advertisement
The trouble IMO is not having these guys around for depth. That would be totally fine. The issue has been Miamis terrible coaching staff that seems to have this issue where they continue to play these guys and start them when they have no business starting. What makes you think that they arent gna run McCloud Jennings Carter Ivey Pope and Wiggins back out as starters when they did it all yr long. Maybe some new defensive coaches (TBD) will have more say and allow the more promising players a chance.

I’m worried about Payton transferring. I still believe in his talent but all the hype we heard about him this off season and for him to barely play when we probably had our worst group of receivers I’ve seen since I’ve been a fan scares me.
Payton should transfer. I was hoping he was going to be a good one but not anymore. He's still young I know, but if he had any game we'd have seen something from him by now. And particularly with our current wr depth chart, as you mentioned. If the guy runs 20 routes, the defender looks like he's literally inside his jersey on 19 of them. Zero separation, almost like he's in slow motion out there.

If any of those guys leave, we don’t get their spots back. “Opening up a scholarship” means nothing when you can only sign 25 incoming players. We used an IC for 2021 to bring in Jarrid Williams last year. We signed 21 players on early signing day. We have three spots remaining for transfers or incoming high school recruits no matter how many people leave the program.
Right. Unless we want to use slots for the next class again.

They stay fans complain the leave fans complain.
They are like women that scream when you put it in and cry when you pull it out.
There's no pleasing them.
And you guys will be the same ones complaining next season when all these upperclassmen are starting and either missing tackles out of position dropping touchdown passes lol...sometimes its best for both parties to move on from certain players

Advertisement
Back