Players waiting for contact/offer

AsA Martin

Even if he gets a waiver to play next year, he technically is not a part of this class.

Even if he can't do you still think we would need to reach? I mean he can still redshirt and have 3 years of eligibility, and how much playing time would we honestly see from Jalen running behind Dallas, Lo, Cam, and Burns? Jalen might be a redshirt candidate if he came in.

Lots of people were saying the same thing about our WR room in summer. Then AR went down, Thomas got in his feelings, and Cager bolted. Now some of those same people are hoping we take Fuller in this very thread.

Nothing about the future is guaranteed. Who knows how that RB room will look in the Summer, let alone next January. So if there is space (at 74 scholarships, there is) and the kid is up to UM's standard, whatever that means (of the three, Mitchell is the one I think has the highest upside at his position), then offer and recruit aggressively. If at the end of next season we have too many RBs, be a savage and process the underperforming kids out. You want loyalty? Buy a ******* dog. If these kids are going to be mercenaries, then so should we.

And if bringing in Mitchell means MAR does not want to come here, he can go kick rocks. Accept the offer before the other guy does, or don't. Either way, we can no longer be the team that's always left with its d!ck in its hands on signing day.

Advertisement
Clearly didn’t watch his film. Looks faster than the 40 says he actually is. He’s also 215-220 pounds

100%.

I'm also not sure where this narrative that he is "slow" comes from. Even on the numbers, he's not really "slow" for a HS RB. He weighed 201 lbs at The Opening Orlando in March, ran a 4.65s 40 (which was a little bit better than average for RBs at The Opening last year). He also had a 4.25s 20-yd shuttle, 34.6 vertical, 41 pb throw. SPARQ raiting of 104.94. That's about in the top 1/3 of RBs last year. At Orlando, and regardless of position, he had the 8th best SPARQ. That same day in Orlando, 2020 5* RB Demarkcus Bowman measured in 20 lbs lighter and ran a 4.57s 40. In fact, only one kid ran a sub-4.5s 40 that day -- QB/ATH Robert Harvey, who weighs 20 lbs less than Mitchell and is signed with UVA, ran a 4.41s 40.

He's not a burner, but he is fast enough for a p5 RB given his running style.

Alot of people think speed=talent....that doesnt always equate
..its plenty of players not fast but ballers...sign all 3 up......

Advertisement
Speed and more speed please.
Reason I'm not sold on Martin is cause he doesn't have elite speed IMO.
At RB we have this fascination with size. Explosiveness and speed can carry you a long way. Johnny Ford and Shivers are good examples.
Here is Shivers' highlights compared to Martin.

EDIT:
Here he is taking Martin's spot

Last edited:
So kids want to be Canes and we say **** em , but invest time the kids who want to troll us for months with every intention on ******* over the hometown team ?

Bold move Cotton , let’s see if it pays off .

I mean I am sure there are 1000 high school seniors in South Florida that suck at football but really want to be Canes, by your logic we should have no problem filling the class.

Even if he can't do you still think we would need to reach? I mean he can still redshirt and have 3 years of eligibility, and how much playing time would we honestly see from Jalen running behind Dallas, Lo, Cam, and Burns? Jalen might be a redshirt candidate if he came in.
What people forget with offers like these is its not necessarily about playing time exactly. It's about filling out a roster so that we can practice how necessary and cover about team assignments. Just because we don't see people contributing immediately on field doesn't mean they aren't earning their keep. Our rb room is totally thin next year. Any injuries at all and it'll be tough

Advertisement
Speed and more speed please.
Reason I'm not sold on Martin is cause he doesn't have elite speed IMO.
At RN we have this fascination with size. Explosiveness and speed can carry you a long way. Johnny Ford and Shivers are good examples.
Here is Shivers' highlights compared to Martin.

Are u sold on deejay,travis or any of our rb other than lo than? Cause none of our rb have elite speed other than lo. Yo think he isn't elite though personally I'd disagree. We all got different opinions though so all good

Are u sold on deejay,travis or any of our rb other than lo than? Cause none of our rb have elite speed other than lo. Yo think he isn't elite though personally I'd disagree. We all got different opinions though so all good

"Elite Speed" is so overused on this **** site its ridiculous. Schwartz has elite speed. Hollywood Brown has Elite speed. You can be plenty fast and not have elite speed. Asa Martin is def good enough to play here

I mean I am sure there are 1000 high school seniors in South Florida that suck at football but really want to be Canes, by your logic we should have no problem filling the class.

There are legit *not your hypothetical "1000"* but hundreds of Division 1, Power 5 high school seniors in the state of Florida. Real numbers. Hundreds.

Miami SHOULD NEVER have a problem not only filling out a class, but having a full allotment of scholarships on the roster. But, here we are.

Miami is out here being picky, thinking they are Clemson, when they are Wake Forest right now.

Wouldn't be what I'd do, but lets see how it works out. It hasn't for the past 15 years, but lets see.

You might be better than 7-6 in the ACC in 2018 with a roster of players that "aren't Miami quality" if we are keeping it real.

If they are Power Five and D1 athlete in the state of Florida with no grade issues why are we not taking them at this point. Especially Mitchell and on the offensive side of the ball. It's not like we got kids lined up that are 4 star or 5 star players wanting to play at Miami. Just my two cents.

Advertisement
It's so funny. All these people saying to take kids just because they want so badly to be Canes will be the same crowd calling them JAG's in a few months. Do we need more depth? yes.. But we can't just take every Jimmy and Joe that begs for a Cane offer. Because of the nature of this offseason, our cycle might not be amazing but I don't think Manny should handcuff the roster with bad takes just to fill a class.

If they are JAGs let them transfer out later. Bama taking Bogle if he doesnt cut it they are will ship him out. Why should we be constantly under the scholarship number it makes no sense to me!

By everyone else’s logic these kids that want to be here are trash . We’ve put a bunch of divas up on our list for priority and they’ve all burned us . These kids are from south Florida and can ball . If they’re anywhere else in the country they’d probably be rated much higher for all the star whores on the site. Obviously me saying they want to be here was taken completey of of context , but you all know exactly what I meant . It’s the same thing everyone else preaches when it’s a 5 star prospect . Blah blah blah I don’t want no diva I want kids that want to be Canes ... well here ya go .. I’ve got 3 I can name off the bat

What the **** happened to Sanguinetti? There was a time when he was one of the top prospects in Broward. Is he really that slow?

Advertisement
Travis's speed is underrated IMO. I believe he was injured this year according to some.
You know a lot more than me. I'm just saying this dude martin was benched by a 5'7 guy playing RB in the SEC. So speed isn't the only concern.
My other issue was really our saying flat out no to undersized dudes that are all over FBS making plays.
On another note what have you heard on Robert Burns? Will he ever see game time? I know there was a lot of talk during the spring about him.
I hope for the team's sake Marftin balls TF out.

Yep, boateng was a bum and not good enough for us but good enough for the national champions. Lol
Exactly I practically messaged The Whole Gottdamm staff and even players to pass the information that Boateng was begging for a Miami Scolly, but nothing! Stupid MFers!

So kids want to be Canes and we say **** em , but invest time the kids who want to troll us for months with every intention on ******* over the hometown team ?

Bold move Cotton , let’s see if it pays off .
Sang and Fuller are only begging for offers because they trolled UM already and realized no other school wanted them, so they are running back like lost puppies looking for a bone. I say F*&% 'em and let kids know that isn't what you do to the home school.

Advertisement
Back